DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:44 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yeah I'm not sure why Amy Adams' contract differs so much. I can only guess that because she was playing a Disney Princess, her character is assumed to have more longevity merchandise-wise compared to the others. Keira Knightley's Elizabeth doesn't even appear in the movies anymore, let alone merchandise, while High School Musical and Descendants only sells when the movies are out. Giselle would have become a constant presence most likely if she had been inducted as a Disney Princess, so the more of her out there, would mean more money that Disney has to pay to Amy Adams.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:23 am 
Platinum Edition

I've always wondered how it worked with Mary Poppins being in the parks, clearly based on the likeness of Julie Andrews ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:53 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Atlantica wrote:
I've always wondered how it worked with Mary Poppins being in the parks, clearly based on the likeness of Julie Andrews ?

I assume that there was never a clause in her contract that they had to pay for replicating her likeness or that she had to forgo her rights on that matter (it was the 1960s after all and I imagine such conditions were rare, and the most she probably was entitled to were general royalties stemming from profits of the film and its soundtrack).

Blog | Deviantart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:43 am 
Platinum Edition

That makes sense ... but how does that work for Johnny Depp / Captain Jack who is a face character ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:56 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Atlantica wrote:
That makes sense ... but how does that work for Johnny Depp / Captain Jack who is a face character ?

I'm really curious about this as well because he still makes regular Parks appearances plus his oodles of merchandise. My guess for Johnny Depp is that no one knew that POTC would be such a huge franchise when the first movie was being made so the merchandising deal doesn't benefit Depp very much. The situation would have been different for Amy Adams because she was the first Disney Princess being created since the Disney Princess franchise had begun, which was already a juggernaut at this point, so she knew that her merchandise would be a huge seller and thus wanted to capitalize on that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:15 pm 
Platinum Edition

The El Capitan is screening Enchanted as part of their Throwback series.

Source: https://twitter.com/ElCapitanThtre/stat ... 1480790016

To mark the ocassion they have adorned their walls with a couple of production artwork I hadn't seen before.

Source: https://laurasmiscmusings.blogspot.com/ ... pitan.html

Source: https://laurasmiscmusings.blogspot.com/ ... pitan.html

Close-up

Source: https://twitter.com/ElCapitanThtre/stat ... 9673982976

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:42 pm 
Platinum Edition

The concept art looks better than the finished product, especially the Queen design. I've always thought Narissa looked very Star Wars.

Anne-Marie ~ "Ciao Adios"
Nicki Minaj ~ "Va Va Voom"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:11 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Thanks for posting that concept art. Wish Enchanted had gotten some merchandise and recognition for its 10th Anniversary last year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:58 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

That concept art is beautiful. Thanks for posting it, Sotiris!

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Wish Enchanted had gotten some merchandise and recognition for its 10th Anniversary last year.

Maybe when the sequel is released (if it ever gets released), they'll make something for the original like a special edition on Blu-ray, a book or a deluxe edition CD.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:40 am 
Limited Edition

I went ahead and ordered the Limited Edition Artwork Sleeve edition on Blu-ray. Enchanted is one of the few titles I have never bought on Blu-ray, and I'm really curious as to how it will look. The current edition on DVD is beautiful, so I have high expectations on the Blu-ray. And the slipcover is gorgeous. :D Can't wait to see how it looks in person.

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:32 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I wish Disney would one day release a special edition for this film with the deleted songs that Menken and Schwartz talked about being on the DVD (spoiler alert: they weren't). At the very least, a Legacy Collection CD so we can get the full score plus the deleted songs and demos. A making of/art of book would be nice as well to supplement the lack of a making-of documentary and an art gallery on the Blu-Ray and DVD.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:22 am 
Platinum Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
with the deleted songs that Menken and Schwartz talked about being on the DVD (spoiler alert: they weren't).

:lol: Yes, I hope for it to, and either a new making-of or the one from the Target edition. A new, fuller, including-everything one would be preferred.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:52 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney Duster wrote:
:lol: Yes, I hope for it to, and either a new making-of or the one from the Target edition. A new, fuller, including-everything one would be preferred.

I forgot that the Target edition had an extra special bonus feature. I doubt I'll be able to find that disc secondhand easily.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:24 am 
Platinum Edition

I hope you can find it one day!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:31 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Thanks! That's a more likely bet than Disney giving this film the deluxe treatment especially now that its 10th anniversary has passed. Wish the Legacy Collection was more consistent so we could get Enchanted in the lineup.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:01 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Amy Adams ‘never thought’ she would get role in ‘Enchanted’
https://www.today.com/video/amy-adams-n ... 6467779657

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:49 am 
Platinum Edition

Oh, that was awesome D82! Amy Adams is so funny! "It was just like signs!" That's my idea of scrapbooking!" LOL!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:26 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yes, she was really funny and charming in that interview. I'm so glad Disney cast her as Giselle. Any other actress wouldn't have been as good in the role as her. By the way, I was a bit surprised the interviewer didn't ask her for the sequel. Could that mean it has been cancelled?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:48 am 
Platinum Edition

Yes only Amy Adams really made Giselle as loved as she is. I thought the guy just wanted it to all be about the original and I don't know if he even knew there was a sequel being planned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:05 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Japan apparently has a 2-Disc DVD of Enchanted. The second disc has the following bonus features (translated by Google so isn't the most accurate). I know Target had a bonus disc but I'm not sure if any of those features correlate with any of the ones below. Does anyone know if they are one and the same?

"Disc 2 / Special Making Disc"
"The magic is put" and the Disney movie 4 secrets (about 30 minutes)
recorded video-
Anderasia: The world of hand-drawn animation-the world of
animation From the World to the Real World-
Birth of the Pip and the Dragon-
Inheriting the Musical

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next