Lady and the Tramp (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Lady and the Tramp (Live-Action)

Post by disneyprincess11 »

First off:

A Lady and the Tramp sequel/spin-off

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/961725814978039809
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Animated Sequels are Back

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Oh, so it's not a live-action remake but some sort of spin-off? Sequel, prequel? I hated the 2nd film so I hope that is ignored. I wouldn't mind short little episodes on the (mis)adventures of Scamp, like in those old little golden books.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

more original content for their streaming service?
I hated the sequel too...Scamp was such an insufferable brat.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

There's no mention of this being animated or being a sequel/spin-off of any kind. The fact it's mentioned with The Sword in the Stone and other live-action feature-films, makes me believe this will be a live-action remake.

Here's what the original source of this news states:
Here are some of the priority movie projects I heard about:

Don Quixote, from a Billy Ray script; Lady and the Tramp; The Paper Magician; Stargirl, to be directed by Julia Hart; and Togo, to be directed by Ericson Core. In post-production and bound for the streaming service are the Mark Waters-directed Magic Camp, and the Mark Lawrence-directed Noelle with Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader and Shirley MacLaine. Priority development projects include 3 Men and a Baby; Sword and the Stone; and Timmy Failure, the latter of which has Spotlight director Tom McCarthy in the creative mix.
Source: http://deadline.com/2018/02/disney-stre ... 202281846/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Re: New Lady and the Tramp Film

Post by Sotiris »

Every other news publication is reporting this as being a live-action remake.
Also making their way to the service are some of the company’s less prestigious live-action remakes. Turning animated hits like The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast into live-action blockbusters has become a critical part of Disney’s strategy, and while big titles like The Lion King are still headed for theaters, when it comes to the remakes of less-beloved films — The Sword in the Stone and Lady and the Tramp are both mentioned — they’ll reportedly be premiering on the streaming service instead.
Source: https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/8/16992 ... ol-musical
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Lady and the Tramp (Live-Action)

I would hardly call Lady and the Tramp a less beloved film in the same vein as The Sword in the Stone.
ImageImage
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Yeah bc the original film is so corny. i can only take dogs falling in love in live action. Also it's very outdated. If the characters don't reference McDonalds I'll be very disappointed. :x :x :angry: :x :angry: :x :angry:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I just face palmed myself 9 times. NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE A REMAKE ESEPEXIALLY NOT THIS! What’s next: Bambi
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:What’s next? Bambi?
I wouldn't be surprised if Jon Favreau's next film after The Jungle Book 2 turns out to be Bambi.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I love L&tT, but I'm not sure it can work without the hand-drawn animation and '50s feel. I mean, it's possible, but I think this one's going to have a hard time versus other films they could do in live-action. Of course, I know Disney doesn't care. This is about maximizing on their properties. They get money from the new live-action film's ticket sales and home media sales, then more money from people buying the hand-drawn film because the new one makes them feel nostalgic, etc. etc..

EDIT: Missed the bit about this premiering on their streaming service.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

well now we know where all the live action remakes for the C list animated films will probably end up. Though I too certainly dont consider Lady and the Tramp a less loved film, its one of the jewels of Disney's animated classics! :?

but yeah I can see alot of live action remakes for many of the 70s 80s and maybe even 2000's era films ending up here as exclusives down the line.

Im really dreading this though, Im already expecting a tacky updated take with pop songs and toilet humor. I think I actually would have preferred a Scamp spin-off.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'am very unsure about this. I liked the 2016 version of The Jungle Book but with the exception of Parrots real or real looking Animals beneath a certain size are too difficult to take seriously when they talk. A lack of lip syncing worked for Homeward Bound and a complete lack of Animal speech worked for the 1996 version of 101 Dalmatians but they are a survivial story and a caper respectively. Babe (which I know isn't Disney) wasn't cost too much diginity by the use of lip syncing smaller Animals but it was -again- not a romance. I adore Lady & The Tramp but it would be beyond silly in such a form.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

'Lego Ninjago Movie' Director Tackling Live-Action 'Lady and the Tramp' (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... an-1094301

Live-Action ‘Lady And The Tramp’ Movie Shoots This Fall In Georgia
https://omegaunderground.com/2018/04/14 ... n-georgia/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

We have learned that Disney is looking to cast people of color for their live-action Lady and the Tramp remake. The studio ideally wants to cast POC in the roles of the title characters Lady and Tramp. With VO work to get started on this month, expect some casting announcements very soon.

Lady and the Tramp is expected to begin shooting September 10, 2018 in Atlanta and Los Angeles and should wrap this fall. The film is expected to have a budget of over $80 million, as it will be a CGI/live-action hybrid.

The film will be directed by The LEGO Ninjago helmer Charlie Bean, and written by Andrew Bujalski (Beeswax). Diane Sabatini (Nocturnal Animals) and Brigham Taylor (Christopher Robin) are on board as producers. The film is expected to be ready for Disney’s streaming service coming in sometime in fall 2019.
Source: http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/excl ... the-tramp/
Two names to keep an eye on for the voice of Tramp...Riz Ahmed and Kumail Nanjiani.
Source: https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/10 ... 1567076352
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Casting news!
Extras and Sherlock Gnomes actress Ashley Jensen is the first cast aboard for Disney’s Lady and the Tramp reboot. Jensen has landed a supporting role in the anticipated pic voicing Scottish Terrier, Jackie (in the original movie it was Jock), a loyal supporter to Lady. Disney is currently gathering lead and supporting cast on the movie, which could potentially go into production later this year.
Source: https://deadline.com/2018/07/lady-and-t ... 202433410/
Just as his new action-comedy The Spy Who Dumped Me prepares to hit theaters, Justin Theroux is nearing a deal to star in a live-action/CG hybrid remake of Lady and the Tramp that is expected to debut on Disney’s upcoming streaming service once it launches in late 2019, Collider has exclusively learned. Theroux is in final negotiations to voice the Tramp, while Disney is still searching for its leading Lady.
Source: http://collider.com/justin-theroux-lady ... mp-disney/
The Leftovers starJustin Theroux is in talks to voice the leading dog, Tramp. We can tell you exclusively that the studio had made an offer to Captain America himself Chris Evans but passed.
.Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2018/07/26/ju ... the-tramp/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I don't like when they change the gender of characters in the remakes. If they want to have more female characters, they can simply create a new role for them, or at least replace the male character with one that's completely new. Here, for instance, they could've changed the breed and given her a completely different name.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I liked Jock a lot in the original movie so I'm not pleased to hear this. Then again I have little to no interest in this anyway so I doubt I'll even end up watching it.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

More casting announcements.
Now we have learned that The Ranch star Sam Elliot has joined the cast. Elliot will voice Trusty, a police dog. Lady and the Tramp is expected to begin shooting September 10, 2018 in Atlanta and Los Angeles and should wrap this fall and is expected to have a budget of over $80 million, as it will be a CGI/live-action hybrid.
Source: http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/07/excl ... mp-remake/
Raf
Limited Issue

Post by Raf »

Jock was my favourite character in the animated version. But I don't mind a change, it's not like it was important at all he was male. He could be female and his role still could stay exactly the same.

I like the casting of Theroux. I would love Tramp to be voiced by Evans, but I'm sure Theroux will be great.

By the way, isn't the budget pretty high for a movie from streaming service?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Netflix spent $90 million on "Bright" and likely also paid top dollar to acquire "Mowgli" from Warner Brothers. I think Disney is just really confident their streaming service will get enough subscribers to make their money back on high-budget features.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland