Disenchanted

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Enchanted 2 Discussion

Post by JeanGreyForever »

D82 wrote:
Kyle wrote:They're probably working on perfecting their de aging technology so they can wait even longer. I know they had to use some tricks when peewee did his latest movie to make him look younger. Wouldnt be shocked to see them try that with the returning cast again here.
But they said the sequel will take place 10 years after the original, so there's no need for making them look younger.
That reasoning may work for Giselle, Robert, and Morgan but Edward and Nancy live in a fairy tale world where they wouldn't get older (most likely). So they shouldn't have aged a bit.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^If they wouldn't get older in that fairytale world, why are there older people than Giselle or Edward there, like Narissa or Nathaniel? I think Andalasia is no different than our world in that respect.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, if Andalasia is meant to represent the fairy tale worlds of Snow White to Agrabah, people get old and die still.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

People get old in the Simpsons too, yet the kids from season one are still kids in 2018. People generally don't actually get old in cartoons unless its a plot point, like in tangled, which rarely happens.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well this is one thing I hate about Enchanted, too. The Disney fairy tales were set in real places where unreal things happened. The animation was just a look, not saying the worlds of those fairy tales were fake cartoons. "After all miss, this is France." I like to believe Giselle went merely to the future, not the "real world", and the difference in looks is like the black and white versus color in The Wizard of Oz. And even if all Disney animated fairy tales are actually completely fantasy worlds, don't kid yourself, this is not the Simpsons or a comedic cartoon. All the characters get old and die because they are, as Walt himself said of Sleeping Beauty, supposed to be "as real as flesh and bone".
Raf
Limited Issue

Post by Raf »

Disney Duster wrote:Well this is one thing I hate about Enchanted, too. The Disney fairy tales were set in real places where unreal things happened. The animation was just a look, not saying the worlds of those fairy tales were fake cartoons.
Well, fairy tales like Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty can still be set in real places, while Giselle can be from a fantasy world. It's not like the movies share the universe/continuity anyway. I never thought of Giselle's world as of fake world. I assumed it is just a different realm, something similar to Enchanted Forest from Once Upon A Time.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Raf wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Well this is one thing I hate about Enchanted, too. The Disney fairy tales were set in real places where unreal things happened. The animation was just a look, not saying the worlds of those fairy tales were fake cartoons.
Well, fairy tales like Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty can still be set in real places, while Giselle can be from a fantasy world. It's not like the movies share the universe/continuity anyway. I never thought of Giselle's world as of fake world. I assumed it is just a different realm, something similar to Enchanted Forest from Once Upon A Time.
I agree with this. Andalasia is just a very archetypal world hence all the Disney references such as Giselle associating a dwarf with Grumpy. Hence why aging wouldn't really be a factor here unlike a more "realistic" Disney setting like Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty where we do see aging (young Cinderella growing up from the prologue and Maleficent taunting Phillip to wait 100 years before waking up Aurora). Not to mention Amy Adams and/or James Marsden stated that it was important that a sequel come out soon because they're both not getting any younger and as they play ageless fairy tale characters they can't look as though they've aged.
ImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Aww I wish this one would just start already .... really hope it comes to pass, and isn't stuck in development hell for forever. There is certainly a huge fanbase for it !

Though on the other hand .... if it isn't coming to pass as they can't get a good story and songs out of it, then I'd rather they just left it.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Not to mention Amy Adams and/or James Marsden stated that it was important that a sequel come out soon because they're both not getting any younger and as they play ageless fairy tale characters they can't look as though they've aged.
Good point. In that case, it's pretty remarkable that it has taken so long to get a sequel. It could've been various reasons for taking so long, but it makes it all more noteworthy.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

eh Ive been binging WestWorld season 2(thank you Xfinity On Demand free weekend!) and James Marsden still looks great! I dont think the aging thing is something to really worry about. Most of the target audience isnt going to care anyway.
Maybe they stay cartoon youthful in Andalasia but if they appear in the real world they suddenly age the way they were meant to, so if a decade has past and Edward and Nancy visit the Live Action World they would look like Giselle and Robert's age. And I guess it would be vice versa if Rob and Giselle go to Andalasia. And I really need to see Rob have to visit Andalasia for whatever reason and have him totally freak out! :P
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I thought Andalasia was supposed to represent the same worlds the previous Disney fairy tales had. I guess it's not, it's supposed to be an actual toon?
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I dunno, if it was all supposed to be the real Live Action World but with magic and fantasy, why make the Andalasia segments with animation? Also the scene where Giselle lands in the Live Action World but hasn't left the manhole/tunnel yet, she is looking at herself, at her hands curiously like she has had some kind of physical change.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, I have to ignore Giselle looking at herself to think her world is steal "real", but Disney went for her and her world being a 'toon by having that scene.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I dont really think of it as them being "toons" in the "Roger Rabbit" sense, just that Andalasia takes place in a different sort of reality, with different physics ...eh well I guess that would be the same as them being toons, but I dont think the Andalasians would know what toons are or consider themselves toons(like Roger and the Toontown folk do). But thats just my take on it.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well she's an animated fantasy. Yes, not the same as a Roger Rabbit kind of toon, but she is still a cartoon. I think that's why there's the joke "Geeze lady, are you for real?" And she says, "I think so." I think the joke is she's always been real in her reality but the audience knows her world is actually fantasy cartoon...even though technically in the movie it's still actually a real place. The head guy over at Animated News thought she should have felt herself up and said, "I guess I am!" which I think meant he thought real was not being a toon. I wish Enchanted had just made the animated look be like the difference between sepia Kansas and colored Oz. Dorothy didn't suddenly think colors were new... Just don't have Giselle have magic in the well change her and have her check her changed self out in New York.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I think that maybe perhaps don't look too much into it, and just enjoy ! :P

Keeping everything crossed for this to fiiiiiiiinally start soon :up:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Q: What about Disenchanted?

The DisInsider: It was delayed. Possible it happens still. Even Amy Adams is unsure, but is interested in returning.
Source: https://twitter.com/TheDisInsider/statu ... 1949007873
Q: Enchanted is one of the greatest films of all time.

Skyler Shuler: It’s a shame the sequel is on hiatus.
Source: https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/10 ... 5204052993
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

bummer :/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disappointed to hear but not really surprised.
ImageImage
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

nooo! ugh! I bet ya its gonna be turned into cheap streaming fodder. Theyll probably just keep the title and make a whole new movie out of it with a new younger(cheaper) cast & cgi animaton...gah! :x :( :cry: