The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Vlad »

According to some articles I found online, particularly on Wikipedia (which basically means that this could be false :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ), the next entry in the Signature Collection will be Fantasia, which will be released on August 28, on Blu-ray, 4k Blu-ray and Digital HD.
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

That would be great but I doubt it.
1. If Disney is going to do a 4K of one of their animated classics it's going to be either the first 4 renaissance or the revival movies. Not one of Walt's (though that would be great)
2. Wikipedia also said that Codename Kids Next Door Complete Series DVD set would come out next year and my heart skipped a beat.
It
Never
Happened :(
Don't trust Wikipedia.

I would love to see Fantasia next though!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Well, when they released their animated classics on Blu-ray, their first one was Sleeping Beauty, which is one of Walt's movies. But I do see your point about Fantasia; it's not one of their most popular titles. But it would be great if they do release it in 4K. And I do know it's most likely fake news, but I thought I'd share it here nonetheless. :D
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'm not sure if I believe that Fantasia will be getting a 4K release yet, but rumor has it that The Little Mermaid and The Lion King will both be released on 4K this fall. These titles have popped up on international websites so they may not be getting a U.S. release if this is indeed true.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Jodi Benson, via her instagram account, has stated that she is filming a 'bonus feature behind the scenes video' with Alan Menken in NYC ! This is for the upcoming 30th Anniversary of The Little Mermaid.

I wonder if it will slot into the Signature Collection, or if it will have its own release ?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Atlantica wrote:I wonder if it will slot into the Signature Collection, or if it will have its own release?
She wouldn't have called it a "bonus feature" if it was a standalone tribute video. It must be for the Signature release.
Jodi Benson wrote:So thankful for this Disney family work trip to NYC. I’m filming a bonus feature with the brilliant Alan Menken to celebrate the upcoming 30th anniversary of the release of The Little Mermaid feature film in 2019. Can’t believe it’s been 30 years. I’m most excited to be working with our son McKinley! Disney has hired him to shoot/edit a special “behind the scenes” video for the anniversary. We are so incredibly proud of him & thrilled for his first project with Disney.
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlDckuJnipm ... odi.benson
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Even if it’s not possible, I want Disney to theatrically re-release The Little Mermaid in time for its big 3-0. We deserve it just as much as we did with Lion King and Beauty and the Beast getting their theatrical re-releases, damn it! :x
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Unfortunately TLM got screwed by B&tB's re-release's low sales, which is why the 3D theatrical re-release for TLM was cancelled. I still wish it would be in theaters again, too; I've never seen it in a theater. :(

I'm glad if TLM is being released this Fall. I know it won't have anything worth buying again besides the cover, but... *shrug* Hopefully the cover/multiple editions will be nice, anyway. Only TLM would inspire me to give a crap about any Disney release at all because of how awful they are now; I still remember when I would buy every Platinum release, Masterpiece/Special Edition, and a handful of the Diamond releases. Now it's rare both for me to like any of their new movies and for Disney to put any effort into re-releases of their old movies I actually do like. Maybe they might actually give a decent release in the future for something like Frozen?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Unfortunately TLM got screwed by B&tB's re-release's low sales, which is why the 3D theatrical re-release for TLM was cancelled. I still wish it would be in theaters again, too; I've never seen it in a theater. :(

I'm glad if TLM is being released this Fall. I know it won't have anything worth buying again besides the cover, but... *shrug* Hopefully the cover/multiple editions will be nice, anyway. Only TLM would inspire me to give a crap about any Disney release at all because of how awful they are now; I still remember when I would buy every Platinum release, Masterpiece/Special Edition, and a handful of the Diamond releases. Now it's rare both for me to like any of their new movies and for Disney to put any effort into re-releases of their old movies I actually do like. Maybe they might actually give a decent release in the future for something like Frozen?
Frozen might be released in 4K in November 2019 when the sequel hit theaters just like it happened with The Incredibles.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Atlantica wrote:Jodi Benson, via her instagram account, has stated that she is filming a 'bonus feature behind the scenes video' with Alan Menken in NYC ! This is for the upcoming 30th Anniversary of The Little Mermaid.

I wonder if it will slot into the Signature Collection, or if it will have its own release ?
Maybe next year :D
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

DisneyJedi wrote:Even if it’s not possible, I want Disney to theatrically re-release The Little Mermaid in time for its big 3-0. We deserve it just as much as we did with Lion King and Beauty and the Beast getting their theatrical re-releases, damn it! :x
If you put me into a room with a gun to my head I would probably say The Little Mermaid is my all time favorite Disney movie, one of my favorite movies of all time. Easily the best of the post Walt films for me (the Jean Cocteau version of Beauty and the Beast is better IMO)

Also one of the few movies I double dip every time.

Sure I'm disappointed that it won't get the treatment it deserves, but at the same time I don't care. It could have an even more F- up part of your world segment and I'm still buying it.

Though it probably wont be the next one. but definitely next year.

I'm still wondering what is the next one: Fantasia or Cinderella? (dare I say something else!)
It really should be about time that we knew by now? What's taking so long. Are they having second thoughts on Fantasia (again :glare: )
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I know this is really late, but did anyone notice the Signature Edition steelbook Peter Pan's pose is like the original poster's?

Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

So I guess Mermaid might be the Autumn release next year, for the anniversary ?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Atlantica wrote:So I guess Mermaid might be the Autumn release next year, for the anniversary ?
I think so, which is why I think Aladdin might be this fall since I don't think they'll release two Renaissance films in the same year and I think they'll release Aladdin before the live action remake.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Isn't Aladdin already available as a Diamond Edition?
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:Isn't Aladdin already available as a Diamond Edition?
Yes but it has since been Vaulted.

Since they're releasing these things 3 times a year now all of the vault movies should be out by 2020.
The one that has been in the vault the longest at this point is Fantasia (if you count that as a vault movie), after that, I believe it was Sleeping Beauty, which went back in in 2016, all of the others went back in 2017 (by a couple months apart). So i'm pretty sure the 5 year minimum thing is out the window now.

So if it's out the window, I'd figure they would release the film right around the remake. If not next year it's going to be the year after for sure.
The only way I can imagine them stretching it is if they add more movies to the line up but that 'aint happening.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Okay, I didn't know it was vaulted. :) But I still think it would be too soon to re-release it this soon. Oh, well. I guess we'll see ;)
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:Okay, I didn't know it was vaulted. :) But I still think it would be too soon to re-release it this soon. Oh, well. I guess we'll see ;)
It's inevitable. It's just not working anymore

Besides I think it really is for the best because it's not making the Disney company look good.

Even though I know a lot of fans like the ceremony of it all. Which I can totally understand.
But then again it's like:
You want a limited time offer?
You need a line up to define what movies are good and what's not?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney Duster wrote:I know this is really late, but did anyone notice the Signature Edition steelbook Peter Pan's pose is like the original poster's?

No, I hadn't noticed. Nice catch!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks DB2!
pikachufan1336 wrote:Even though I know a lot of fans like the ceremony of it all. Which I can totally understand.
But then again it's like:
You want a limited time offer?
You need a line up to define what movies are good and what's not?
I don't think anyone thinks the line up is trying to say what movies are good or what aren't.