Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Wreck-It Ralph 2

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I really hope when they release the characters, they explain what/who God is because...

Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Well, logically (spiritually?) speaking, wouldn't God to video game characters be the creator/idea maker of the game?

Or maybe "God" in the movie is an internet user who likes trolling people. Kind of like a 21st century version of Oz.

Not that it makes the idea of God in a Disney film any less random.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

It's a form of clickbait. They knew presenting the news in a more factual manner wouldn't get the uproar of viewers with the way they've done it now.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

On the positive side, Yesss is absolutely beautiful! Well done to the designers. Wouldn't blame Ralph if he has a crush on her if it's still in the movie. Clearly, things changed after the Expo.

And great promo art with Ralph and Vanellope.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c06ce09f006 ... 1_1280.jpg
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Just looks like that Elsa promo of her with her hand extended. I remember sometime ago it was popular to make edits of that pose.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

I like that pose on Yesss. It makes sense with the like symbol on Twitter.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Have they dropped the "Wreck-It Ralph 2" part from the title? The last two tweets from the official page for the film don't feature it in the logo.

https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/statu ... 7942779911
https://twitter.com/wreckitralph/status ... 7392752640
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

^Nice catch. The full title was too long so it makes sense they'd shorten it. Maybe they didn't want to emphasize it's a sequel as the original wasn't as successful as they wanted.

Yesss' pose and expression is way too similar to Elsa's. Would it hurt them to try something new for once?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I agree that the title was too long. I'm glad it has been shortened.
thedisneyspirit wrote:It's a form of clickbait. They knew presenting the news in a more factual manner wouldn't get the uproar of viewers with the way they've done it now.
You're probably right. Most likely it will be just a small cameo as a video game character. However, I think it's a bit risky for Disney to do this. Mocking the princesses has not received any backlash from the general public, but mocking God could be quite different. We'll see what happens.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

That pose looks exactly like Elsa. I know Disney had a habit of basing all their female characters from the same CGI model but now they're rehashing poses too.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Disney response to this: Purely Coincidental :glare:
Last edited by DisneyEra on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Didn't Ralph already learn not to let other people's opinions define his self-worth in the first one? Are they seriously going to explore the same themes and have him go through the same character arc again? :what:
To get the money, the two heroes get help from Yesss, a new character. She is an algorithm able to find the latest Internet trends, an ability that is also reflected in her appearance and clothing which are constantly changing (her jacket is made up of optical fibers!). Yesss sees potential in Ralph and decides to help him become viral via Buzztube. If his videos gain many views, he can earn money to buy the missing piece of Sugar Rush! Ralph succeeds in the business, but the joy of the moment is ruined when he reads the comments under his videos which include insults and other negative comments. Yesss then explains that you should not give weight to those comments, because the Internet sometimes brings out the worst in people. The producer pointed out that this is an important theme for the film which analyzes the positive and negative sides of the Internet through the character of Ralph, who is looking to define himself and tends to care a little too much sometimes of what others think of him.
Source: https://imperodisney.com/2018/07/09/abb ... -internet/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

I mean, people you know vs. the worldwide Internet are two different things. Plus Ralph is sensitive, so he takes criticism less than others. Everyone defientely needs to learn this lesson, especially the young kids. And the poor creative team on this board :lol: Hi, guys! :wave: I hope one of the things he does in the videos is singing. John C. Reilly is a musician irl and has a beautiful voice. Taranji does as well and Sarah is actually pretty good as well.

And at least this adds to the story unlike God :lol: I’m excited about Yesss!
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:Didn't Ralph already learn not to let other people's opinions define his self-worth in the first one? Are they seriously going to explore the same themes and have him go through the same character arc again? :what:/
Of course it's pointless to be derivative, but some sequels have a tendency to portray, more or less, the same theme of it's predecessor, regardless of how the first film concludes the theme.

Anyway, I'm glad that this movie will address the issue of the malice of Internet comments, since it's a quite interesting theme that really should be exploited in a story, regardless of which medium it is.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Didn't Ralph already learn not to let other people's opinions define his self-worth in the first one? Are they seriously going to explore the same themes and have him go through the same character arc again? :what:/
Of course it's pointless to be derivative, but some sequels have a tendency to portray, more or less, the same theme of it's predecessor, regardless of how the first film concludes the theme.
Like let's face it: The Toy Story movies are the same plot and themes. And the fourth one won't be any different most likely.

EDIT: Bill Hader is in the cast!

https://player.megaphone.fm/PPY6490529962 (At 01:06:07)

Also, from the page Sotiris shared to us, it looks like Vanellope wanting to leave her game for the Internet seems like character development and growth, which is fine by me.
In the first clip introduced by Clark Spencer we see the starting point for the new adventure of the protagonists. In fact, we find out that the steering wheel of the Sugar Rush game has broken, leaving its small inhabitants without a videogame to return to. Vanellope confides her concern to Ralph: she feels like a homeless person and can not imagine living far from the racing world. Unfortunately, the piece used to rebuild Sugar Rush, on sale on Ebay, is too expensive, so Mr. Litwak decides to turn off the game forever. Vanellope and Ralph then decide to go and retrieve the missing piece through an Internet trip
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Bill Hader is in the cast!

https://player.megaphone.fm/PPY6490529962 (At 01:06:07)
According to this IMDb page, he voices two video game characters: Shovel Knight and Toon Link, but I don't know if that's true or not.

This other page has a video of the Q&A with producer Clark Spencer that followed the London footage presentation. Among other things, he says that in their minds the princesses are not the actual characters but the avatars who live within the world of Oh My Disney (minute 11).

And finally some info about Calhoun and Felix:
But what happened to Tamora Jean Calhoun (Jane Lynch) and Felix (Jack McBrayer)? They are still married, and Spencer gives us some anticipation: after the closing of Sugar Rush, the two spouses adopt the runners of the game, forming a very large family.
Source: https://blog.screenweek.it/2018/07/ralp ... 636047.php
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

At least we'll see the rest of the Sugar Rush racers, for however brief their roles will be.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

D82 wrote:And finally some info about Calhoun and Felix:
But what happened to Tamora Jean Calhoun (Jane Lynch) and Felix (Jack McBrayer)? They are still married, and Spencer gives us some anticipation: after the closing of Sugar Rush, the two spouses adopt the runners of the game, forming a very large family.
Source: https://blog.screenweek.it/2018/07/ralp ... 636047.php
MY HEART!!!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

thedisneyspirit wrote:What does @Disney Duster think about this? Would Walt have wanted this? :D
Well as a Christian who still doesn't believe everything the Bible and church say, I have to see the film but I personally would think something like having some character be the actual, literal God and saying things he never said in the Bible is blasphemous, unless it's not meant to be taken seriously, I guess. As for Walt, he would have never put God in his film as a character with dialogue not from the Bible as he cut out things that were "too relogious" from Fantasia. And as for the princesses, I guess Walt might be ok with putting them in a film if they're just internet versions of them.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Why would it be meant to be taken seriously? These aren't documentaries or adaptations of the Bible. Its not really much different from Hercules.

My best guess would be God in this movie will either be an emoji or the god of a videogame, as in "Godmode" for a game world. He might do nothing more than laugh as he plays with the weather of a game.