Incredibles TV Series?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Incredibles TV Series?

Post by Sotiris »

Despite what Brad Bird says, the reason there's not going to be one is because the IP is too valuable as a film series. They don't want to diminish its impact and jeopardize future installments by doing a TV show. This is evident by Disney's strategy of greenlighting TV shows based on WDAS and Pixar movies that are moderately successful (or at least deemed as such by them) with no plans of continuing as film series while saving their blockbusters for theatrical sequels.
Q: Have you ever considered making a Incredibles TV series?

Brad Bird: Most TV seasons are 22 episodes. With no quality slippage, and at our current rate (14 year gaps between episodes), it would take us 308 years to make the first season.
Source: https://twitter.com/BradBirdA113/status ... 0508153856
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raf
Limited Issue

Re: Incredibles TV Series?

Post by Raf »

Sotiris wrote:This is evident by Disney's strategy of greenlighting TV shows based on WDAS and Pixar movies that are moderately successful (or at least deemed as such by them) with no plans of continuing as film series
Funny thing is, in my opinion such Disney movies would work much better as a tv series than other Disney's blockbusters movies. Like, I can't really imagine Toy Story, Finding Nemo or Frozen tv series. But I would definitely see one for Brave or Moana.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Incredibles TV Series?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder if Moana might get a TV series*? A sequel would seem unlikely because of Musker's retirement or no? Then again, WIR2's existence tells me there's no rhyme or reason to Disney's decision-making. The first WIR was around the same size of BH6. I find it hard to believe BH6 won't end up with a sequel eventually. (The show is terrible, btw.) Zootopia could work as both a series and a film franchise.

*If it does, then it'll be the fourth M&C film to have one, along with TLM, Aladdin, and Hercules (Treasure Planet had both a sequel and a series in the works before the film flopped--such a shame TP couldn't have been at least a Hercules-sized hit. I would've ate all that up as a preteen. :( ). I think Moana's mythology would lend itself well to sequels or a TV series, actually. It's such a shame The Princess and the Frog got absolutely nothing despite doing, what was it again, 3 times its budget? Whoopi Goldberg actually made a joke about that fact on The View a month or two back when they were advertising the Frozen Broadway show--something along the lines of (paraphrased) "Didn't Disney once have a black princess for a hot minute or did I imagine that?" But TP&TF was always setup to be thrown under the bus along with Winnie the Pooh, so... *shrug* I'm not surprised, just disappointed.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"