My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Re: The New Saga: Epidural Cancelled Doctor Family Emergency

Post by Rose Dome »

I hope there's a solution for your Family problem and that you can continue treatment soon
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The New Saga: Pokemon Go: Why so serious?

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I've said this so many times, I begin thinking, nothing can get more insane than what I just experienced....only for it to in fact, because more insane....

I play Pokemon Go, and there's been some drama with people I've known taking this game too far, not including newer players, and isolating anyone not in their circle of friends (that i'm I guess apart of theirs, bleh) Not gonna get into that whole detail, but a new player, I've seen 3 times...has apparently my threats that he is calling a few friends to take care of those on team valor (red team) I only know this, cause this guy is Mystic (team blue) and messaged another fellow Mystic member who shared it with us. My friends has gone to the police... This coming wednesday, most of us got an invite to an ex raid to face mewtwo at a local park, but the guy who has made these death threats most likely got an ex raid invite too....for that same location.....

I just... what the frick...... I have no words...... insanity....just...speechless.....

In other news, I got $2K from a student loan to put towards my car engine. Now, gonna fill out another student loan Monaday for the fall so I'll get enough funds for the new car engine in about a couple months. Woo Hoo
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

That Pokemon Go threats thing is crazy! Good they called the police. But I don't get something...an ex raid is a Pokemon Go fight? And you just happened to get invited to one the guy making threats also did? Is he gonna get taken care of?

But great news about your car engine!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Woo-hoo on the $ for the engine- that's great news!

Online/video games can definitely be scary, because you don't always know who you're dealing with. Definitely be wary of any future invites, I'd say, because who knows if that guy will show up. A game isn't worth getting hurt for.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:That Pokemon Go threats thing is crazy! Good they called the police. But I don't get something...an ex raid is a Pokemon Go fight? And you just happened to get invited to one the guy making threats also did? Is he gonna get taken care of?

But great news about your car engine!
Ex raid is a special invite pokemon go players can get if they participate at a raid in a park or starbucks. The Ex Raid Pass is to fight Mewtwo and hopefully catch it. There were many players at this particular gym battling a regice. Since it was a park, we got an invite to battle mewtwo. However, this guy who has made threats was there and probably got an invite to Mewtwo. Now, we are going to have strength in numbers and one of the pokemon go players (not the death threat guy) does have a conceal and carry (and I'm sorry, is this the real life, where I'm talking that a guy with a conceal and carry will keep us safe playing Pokemon go wtf). While I think he was just talking tough, this is a day age where that has to be taken seriously. We don't know if this guy did get an invite to this ex raid coming up on Wednesday, but we're all going to stay safe, and alert of any possible danger....

When I decided to socialize by playing pokemon go....this is not exactly what I had in mind :roll:

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ok well stay safe ok?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The New Saga: School's Back Soon.

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Regarding Pokemon, the guy who made threats didn't show up, nor have I seen him in the community again.

Anyway, this summer has been unique, with the whole car engine thing going on. Somehow I managed to get A's in all 3 of my classes, and next week the fall semester begins. There is a new update to my car engine. We took it to a local auto body shop that we've worked with for a second opinion. They've done 2 oil changes and have said they see no sign it needs a new engine at this point and has been running great. I'm going to keep up on the oil changes. I still have money in the savings, but I might get tickets to go see the Aladdin musical in Saint Louis when they go on sale this Friday. I'm gonna keep the rest in, and when I get the second student loan, I might see in what shape the car is in and pay off credit card debt instead. Kinda a let's see what happens type deal. :)

Anyway, this semester, I'm taking 3 intro radio classes that equal to 12 credit hours. I like this, because I can focus all of my work into radio, not radio oh and speech and history class, weather etc. This semester, I think I'm really going to enjoy my time as an RTV major. :)

blackcauldron85

That's awesome that you get to take classes you're interested in- that makes a huge difference! I'm so glad your car's a-ok!!! :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, very glad to hear all this news! I hope you can see Aladdin and I'm glad you can just enjoy becoming a radio guy!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The New Saga: Back Bad, Pulled Muscle, Met Jay Leno agai

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well...let's get the bad news out of the way

The epidural completley failed. Thought right now my back hurts becaused apparently I pulled a muscle. Pretty much means I got to rest and lay down as much as possible in order to recover. It's like a huge tightness that's rather annoying.
Tho
Meanwhile, Last sunday I think it was, got to see Jay Leno perform in Springfield IL. Thought something happened
I hadn't expected to happen.... but....it did.

https://imgflip.com/i/2ii6ea

Apparently Jay remembered me, (beacuse let's face it, who can forget a guy taking off his underwear without taking his shorts off to impress Ed Asner)? :P My dad said I've lost a lot of weight, said I was in college being an RTV major. Jay told me, he was very proud of me. That was by far the best medicine I could have asked for.

So now, I need to get back to laying down for another half hour before I go out again. Need to rest because I've been cast in a play,
and if I don't give my body time to heal, I no be in said play, something I cannot have happen. Probably going to work on learning my lines while I rest too.

DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Sorry about your back, but that's cool you got to meet Leno again! :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, no! Sorry the epidural didn't work. And that sucks about your back. But wow Jay Leno remembered you and is proud of you!
blackcauldron85

:( I hope resting will help your back...did they mention trying anything in the future (if the epidural didn't work, what's next?)? That's super-cool that Jay remembered you!!!!! :)
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I hope you're able to find lasting pain treatment. How amazing to be remembered by a talk show host though :star:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The New Saga: Goodbye old friend.

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Update on Back first

Well....we increased a medication of mine, and going up on the dosage and it's beginning to relieve a lot of my pain.

However, right now I'm having a lot of emotional pain that exceeds the physical aches right now.

My cat Merle, 16 years came to my bed last night to nuzzle and cuddle me.... This morning though, I found him in his favorite chair....dead. I am a freaking emotional wreck. He died peacefully, but this is so freaking hard.... I'm just....lost....devastated....depressed, lost, sad....mad...broken, lost....part of me died....feel sick....feel hopeless....seems like a nightmare....it just... I'm not sure....why, why why :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ...

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh no. Your beloved buddy. Gone. That's so sad. But he's been with you for 16 years. That's a long time. You were lucky to have him for so long. He was old. Now he's in heaven and you'll be able to see him again some day.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

:( At least he was with you for so long. But it's alright, the deaths of pets is always heartbreaking. But remember all the good times you had together, and how now he's in a better place, like Duster. Now you may not want to hear it, which is understandable, but you'll get it later.
blackcauldron85

*hug* The pain won't always be as sharp as it is now, but there will always be a spot missing. Please know that he died peacefully in his sleep- that's the best way to go. There's nothing people can say at a time like this that will make Merle come back, but please accept my deep condolences. It's absolutely a healing process, and even years later you can have hard days because the pain is strong. Think of the great times you've had with Merle- there is some comfort in that hopefully. <3
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'am sorry your Cat died :(

You can take comfort from knowing he was elderly and well cared for :star:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The New Saga: RTV and Theater

Post by disneyboy20022 »

It's taken me a bit to create an update about my life going on, due to Merle. With the help of my friends around me, I began to feel somewhat better. One other cat, who followed Merle around is now coming to me, laying on my lap, nuzzling me and kinda taking care of me the way Merle did. It's kinda nice

So, the past few months from October to now have been chaotic, including the day I was going to get an epidural, but an ambulance was at my house, my dad was not feeling well possible heart issues. Apparently his blood pressure dropped to 30. I drove with my mom to get my epidural, but my mom drove back home since I couldn't drive until next day. The epidural I thought it wasn't helping till a few days ago. I'm staying home more and resting to let body heal. There's some pain that's still there, but my hope is resting will help me by the time spring semester starts in about 2 weeks or so

There was also some theater drama going on within college and a local community theater in the area, and due to that, I almost quit again. However, by the end of the play in the community theater, despite the drama (that I won't go into details) the actors reminded me while theater can be chaotic, it's also fun. I got the role of being a Shepard and Santa Clause. Though it was a bit stressful with my RTV work, but tried to get everything that's due done ahead of time. I created a lot of promos and liners that my RTV teacher has aired. The topics of promos featured, Disney, Pokemon, Yugioh, Furby, Ferris Bueller, Kingdom Hearts and 2 originals: Maximum Overload and Wheel of Radio

Though when I told my RTV teacher I made a furby liner promo. He said oh dear god help me. These are the ones I made, only because I was sick, throat hurt and burned, so made this without overexerting my voice

Ferris Buellher

Shadow Realm (yugioh themed)

Furby - Yum...this is furby.... I want music on 89.9 the max alternative.... yum...more.

Underdog liner

What makes those special well one is that my RTV teacher put Shadow Realm on the air. It's kinda just wowed me, that even though I sounded like batman who just got done smoking a carton of cigarettes, I somehow still made unique promos that were good quality.

I have a lot of more promo ideas for rtv projects in the spring.