My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Saga is Over: Spinal Stenosis Fun Time Begins

Post by Disney Duster »

WOOHOOOO!!!!!! It's working and that pain is gone!!! I hope to check out your radio station someday maybe this week!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I hope you're still free of pain
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Rose Dome wrote:I hope you're still free of pain
Well....pain is slowly, but gradually coming back since last week. put an ice pack on my hip to help muscle spasms on the calf of my leg, which seems to work well. Overall though, I'm a lot better than I was a month ago, but next shot isn't until end of June, so hoping I can keep the worst of it at bay until then.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh no, I hope all the pain doesn't come back, and if some does come back, I hope you aren't in as much pain before. I hope something fixes it for good.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I hope you manage to keep the pain low until your next shot
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Okay.... I'm beginning to think I need to get a suit made out of bubble-wrap for anytime I go outside.

Went on a college tour with the Trio, a student support services program at Lake Land College. After the college tours, we typically go somewhere fun after wards. This time, the fun event was visiting the arch in Saint Louis, the one place in saint louis I haven't been in a good 20 plus years. Was very excited, had fun taking pictures from the top, trying to resist singing out there Quasimodo style upon gazing at the town below me. It was a blast....

However.....when we left the arch, as I was going up some concrete stairs out side, I missed a step and rolled from the very top all the way to the bottom. I thankfully didn't hit my head, and my back was spared because I was wearing a backpack. My right knee looked more like it got rug burned, my my left leg...was swollen, as if I had grown a second knee below my kneecap. They had to call 911 to take me to the ambulance and bring me to the emergency room in saint louis. Thankfully, nothing is broke, but my leg is extrelmley swollen, and will take time to heal up. However, saw my primary doctor yesterday, and told him that I've been having horrible circulation in my right leg from socks that I've worn. The doctor told me that my leg was on the verge of being infected, and that there's fluid retention from the muscles that were damaged. We're first going to try antibiotics, and if that doesn't work, I have to have a procedure to drain the swamp so to speak.....

The good news is, that I didn't hit my head after I hit rock bottom, which as frustrating as this whole thing is, that's a true blessing.

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Michael, oh no! :( I'm so glad that you didn't hurt your back or head, but yikes! A bubble suit or hamster ball might be a good thing... I'm hoping the antibiotics work!! And good thing your doctor looked at your leg when he did. Keep us posted.
Disney Duster

Re: The Saga is Over: The Arch and injury prone?

Post by Disney Duster »

Woah, man, ouch! That's terrible! Let's hope you get fixed up real soon! Hope the antibiotics work first. Thank God your back and head didn't get hurt!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Re: The Saga is Over: The Arch and injury prone?

Post by Rose Dome »

Ouch! I hope your swelling has gone down
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The Saga is Over: The Engine: Anybody got $3,000?

Post by disneyboy20022 »

The swelling in my leg has gone down, it itches like hell, but it's a sign it's healing

However, yesterday I got a low oil indicator light in my car and said to stop driving it. I planned to take it into the auto repari shop today, but had it towed. My dad hasn't been mentally well and he hadn't scheduled and oil change in a year. Sadly, that has built up sludge and I now need a new engine for $3,000. I was going to go to the psych ward, because this was the straw that broke the camels back of stress.

However, they managed to rinse it out with a lot of oil. It's driveable and needs it done every 2,000 miles. I plan on going to college today to apply for a student loan for up to $4,500. I've never had to do a student loan because essentially the federal government is paying for my education. This is my one last hope to get my car running better in the long run...otherwise, we'll be paying $300 a month of a piece of scrap metal

I'm noticing some mild back pain returning too, but I get an epidural in a couple weeks, so I think that should fix the back issues I've struggled with.

UPDATE:

Alright. Found out that in order to apply for a student loan, I have to be full time. HOwever, in the summer, I only take one class which means I can't apply for a student loan until July 1st for the fall semester. I wouldn't get funds though til September. This devastated me...

but, my hope is renewed.

I've been talking to my political science teacher I had at Lake Land on Facebook, and he suggested that he could create an independent study to make me a part time student worth 4 credits. Going to find out more info next week to see if that would satisfy financial aid. I broke down crying in tears of joy. A good friend reminded me that sometimes the only thing we have to hold onto is hope.

Disney Duster

Re: The New Saga: I need a new engine for my car and a new h

Post by Disney Duster »

Glad the swelling on your leg went down, and that you will get an epidural for your back soon. I hope you get a loan for your college and the engine!
blackcauldron85

Fingers crossed that your teacher can get that done for you- that is super awesome! Hopefully you get that loan + your car will run fine. I hope your epidural helps your pain.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Fingers crossed that your teacher can get that done for you- that is super awesome! Hopefully you get that loan + your car will run fine. I hope your epidural helps your pain.
A possible project my teacher and I talked about a year or two ago was how Walt Disney affected World War II after showing a clip from my walt disney treasures dvd tin, (that I managed to find a used copy for $30 for him after I was done taking his 3 classess). He's been more than a good teacher, he's been a great friend. I'm just so thankful he's willing to do this. I
Right now I'm in strategies for success, a pretty easy 2 credit our class, but if this works, I'll have to give up more free time than I planned, but I got motivation do do it.

The epidural has helped, though I've not had one since the end of April, and can tell it's time for a new one, but still able to walk around. Mornings though are rough, but sitting on an ice pack helps. Other that that, walking aorund great. Next epidural is a couple weeks away, and can't wait to get it.

blackcauldron85

That's definitely an interesting topic that the average person doesn't know much about. If you need some non-Internet sources, some books on that topic are:
**South of the Border With Disney: Walt Disney and the Good Neighbor Program, 1941-1948 by J. B. Kaufman
**Disney During World War II: How the Walt Disney Studio Contributed to Victory in the War by John Baxter
**Service with Character: The Disney Studios and World War II by David Lesjak
**Disney Dons Dogtags: The Best of Disney Military Insignia from World War II by Walton Rawls

:)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Cool I'm glad your teacher is so great to you and you can do such a cool topic!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:Cool I'm glad your teacher is so great to you and you can do such a cool topic!
When I had my third and last political science class I could take, him and I discussed doing an independent study about Walt Disney and World War II, so that's what I'm doing. I'm doing a 4 credit independent study, and have to get it done in 4 weeks, meaning gonna need to work very very hard to get this done, but I got motivation to do it. .

However, the paperwork needs to be done by Thursday cause the deadline to apply for financial aide is Friday. However, meeting with my teacher tomorrow to sort it out, said it's a pretty quick process. Never done an independent study, but I Got an idea where I want to go, and I'm revisiting a topic I love, and learning a few new things too. I got his. :D

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Very cool bro. Glad you can do it. Should be awesome.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The New Saga: Epidural Cancelled Doctor Family Emergency

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Was going to get an Epidural, hopefully the last one given how well I've been doing and noticing I'm getting sore again more.

However, my epidural has been cancelled due to a family emergency. This sucks, badly. Ugh....dang it.

blackcauldron85

:( :( You can reschedule it for the near future?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote::( :( You can reschedule it for the near future?
They don't know his schedule yet. I am going to call to talk to the nurse, cause need a refil of medication that hopefully a nurse practitioner can call in if my doctor can't. I hope all is well with him.