Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Wreck-It Ralph 2

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Disney Duster wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Even Frozen for that matter. Although I think the first Wreck-It Ralph should age considerably better.
Wait, why will Frozen age badly?
Many of the tropes that Frozen supposedly groundbreakingly broke and inverted won't be such a big deal in the future. I imagine how the sequel is received will also affect Frozen's long-term legacy.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I don't think a film's groundbreakingness is always why it will or won't last. If a movie is still entertaining or teaching, it is still watched and enjoyed.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

While I don't think The Lion King aged badly, it seems that people no longer view this film as "The Best Animated Film Ever".

If Frozen age badly, in my opinion it will be because the characters feel so out of time and not "Timeless".
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I think we underestimate the current generation of children. In twenty years, I can see them looking back at "Frozen" with the same reverence and nostalgia that my generation currently holds towards "The Lion King" and "Aladdin."
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

farerb wrote:While I don't think The Lion King aged badly, it seems that people no longer view this film as "The Best Animated Film Ever".
Probably because there have been many statements about it being overrated. Of course they've existed in a long time, but it seems like there have been more petitions about it now.

And frankly, I can see where it's coming. I used to be a huge The Lion King when it premiered because I thought the film was amazing in every single way (until certain following films came along). Now in my adult years I've been less fond of it, mainly because I find the film to be too pretentious and po-faced, especially in the first and second act. Sure, there's plenty of comedy, but the film is mostly a serious one. I'm not saying that I dislike the film entirely, because I still find it good, yet I'm not as biased as I was. Yet, of course at the time I thought that The Lion King was worthy of it's praise and success and I fully understood the hype.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

farerb wrote:While I don't think The Lion King aged badly, it seems that people no longer view this film as "The Best Animated Film Ever".
I don't find this to be true at all. Ask any average joe or jane their favorite disney movie, Lion King is usually their pick.

Now, this answer will probably change if you ask younger children, but that's to be expected, they are more inclined to pick something released within their lifetime.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

of all the Renaissance era films Id think Aladdin would feel the most dated due to all the 90's themed jokes & celebrity impersonations by Genie. Mind you I dont think dated=bad. You could say 101 Dalmatians is very dated due to its very 60s influenced setting and its anything but a bad film. I think a lot of it may come down to personal taste, nostalgia and whether or not one likes the time period it portrays/evokes.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yes, Aladdin has suffered quite a bit in recognition the last decade in a way TLM, B&tB, and TLK don't seem to. I'm not sure if it's just because of the jokes making it dated or if it's the current mass Islamophobia that has something to do with it, but in comparison The Lion King is still beloved and massive. It's always received pushback online from critics, the same way Frozen does, and yet it's still considered a classic and one of the greatest animated films by the general public.

WIR felt forgotten almost forgotten 6 months after its release on DVD/Blu-ray. The fact that it got a sequel at all was surprising, aside from Disney's desire to have franchises to milk like PIXAR and Dreamworks do. WIR isn't a property on par with Toy Story or How to Train Your Dragon though. It's more like Cars...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Sorry to be off-topic, but the full picture of the new Princesses social media banner was posted by a Disney animator today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjz-k_9Dee_ ... y=oonaraoo

Oh my goodness: Ariel holding Vanellope is the purest thing I've ever seen
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Sorry to be off-topic, but the full picture of the new Princesses social media banner was posted by a Disney animator today:

No need to apologize, but that picture has been posted before, on the official Facebook-page of our royal gals. Sorry, it wasn't my intention to be dismissive, but I just wanted to say it.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:Sorry to be off-topic, but the full picture of the new Princesses social media banner was posted by a Disney animator today:

No need to apologize, but that picture has been posted before, on the official Facebook-page of our royal gals. Sorry, it wasn't my intention to be dismissive, but I just wanted to say it.
Oh, this is the complete version and not the cropped out version :)
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Oh, this is the complete version and not the cropped out version :)
Alright, fair enough.
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

"rapunzel eye" appears to be contagious...
big kid at heart
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It looks like the princesses will appear in more scenes than just the one we know about.
Q: Will there be more scenes with the princesses or just that one scene shown at D23, or can you not talk due to spoilers?

Rich Moore: I think it's better to keep it a surprise...which means there's definitely more. #surprise!
Source: https://twitter.com/_rich_moore/status/ ... 9309922304
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Which in other words could mean yes.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

That's great news!

I wish they would do a musical number or something cool like that!
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

I'm so thrilled thrilled thrilled by this, but nervous at the same time. The girls were a little snooty to CP30, how will they treat Ralph and other characters in general? I would hate for Rich and Clark giving the princesses a fat joke to Ralph because a character that looks like him (minus Mulan and Frozen) isn't in their movies. :huh: :huh: :huh:
bruno_wbt wrote:I wish they would do a musical number or something cool like that!
I have been thinking this nonstop! Zootopia ended with a song. This is very possible! This would be the cherry on a ice cream sundae. :D :D :D

Also, does this mean RalphxElsa is possible?

https://x-jazzy-b-real-x.deviantart.com ... -724932979
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:It looks like the princesses will appear in more scenes than just the one we know about.
Oh, no. :facepalm: For me that's not good news at all.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

D82 wrote:
Sotiris wrote:It looks like the princesses will appear in more scenes than just the one we know about.
As long as they don't take over the movie (Because the movie is enough of a Disney commercial), everything should be okay.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

D82 wrote:
Same here. Was hoping they'd just have their own scene and not pop in again. Maybe it'll be an end-credits scene though.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey