Disenchanted

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Re: Enchanted 2 Discussion

Post by Jules »

Sotiris wrote:
Jules wrote:I would love to know which animation studio has been tasked with producing the animated sequences. In the first film it was the now-defunct James Baxter Animation.
Since production hasn't started, I don't believe they've assigned an animation studio yet. Duncan Studio would be a good replacement. They specialize in 2D animation and they've worked with Disney before. The founder, Ken Duncan, was a former supervising animator at WDAS.
Yes, I agree. Ken Duncan's studio would be perfect! :)

I find it rather ironic that the first film's animation could not be produced by WDAS as they had not yet gotten back into full-fledged hand-drawn production, and that the sequel will share a similar fate as the hand-drawn unit at WDAS has now been practically dismantled following production of Winnie the Pooh.

You don't create full Disney-style animation with just three animators. I believe Eric Goldberg, Mark Henn and Randy Haycock are the only ones left at WDAS, no?

I sometimes wonder if WDAS is still equipped to take on a hand-drawn production if they were to hire back hand-drawn animators. Do they still have the tools needed? (i.e. animation desks, Toon Boom computer software, etc.)
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I actually think a good choice to handle the hand-drawn animation would be, of all studios, Animal Logic. I saw the new Peter Rabbit movie a couple of days ago and there are entire hand-drawn animated sequences done in the style of Beatrix Potter. They were really impressive and I stuck through the credits to see which studio was responsible and it was Animal Logic, the same studio that made the CG effects for the movie ("Peter Rabbit" is being billed as a Sony Pictures Animation movie, but I think it's just for branding purposes).
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Jules wrote:I sometimes wonder if WDAS is still equipped to take on a hand-drawn production if they were to hire back hand-drawn animators. Do they still have the tools needed? (i.e. animation desks, Toon Boom computer software, etc.)
At this point, Disney would have to start from scratch, since there's a probability that veterans like Glen Keane and Andres Deja may not want to rejoin the studio.

Instead, they would need to look for the rising stars from Cal Arts and a few other art schools, have them read Frank n' Ollie's bookss, then train them thru their shorts program.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Any word if Rachel Covey is returning as Morgan?
Attachments
#!001_Sh1106895687.jpg
#!001_Sh1106895687.jpg (35.45 KiB) Viewed 6897 times
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The director talks about the project. Things look promising.
Q: How are things coming along with the Enchanted sequel, Disenchanted? Do you have a possible timeframe for when you’d like to get that into production?

Adam Shankman: We’re turning in a script really soon, and everybody feels really good and gung-ho. I’ve been in touch with Amy [Adams] and the cast, and everybody is really into it. We all love the story about everybody wondering what exactly defines happily ever after. It’s just a very exciting project that we all hope happens. Right now, we’re in a good place.

Q: The sequel seems like it would have been a total no-brainer to get into production, but it’s been in development for awhile now.

Adam Shankman: It’s been in development for a long time, but remember, in the midst of it, there was a big regime change, and a lot of stuff around the studio, figuring out what was important to Disney and how many movies they were going to make a year. There were some big movies that they were right to make, right out of the gate. Their track record is impenetrable. Making a movie over there is very exciting because they do not feel the need to put anything into production until they feel like they have it completely right.

Q: What do you hope to do with the music?

Adam Shankman: As planned right now, there’s more singing and dancing than there was in the first one, and it’s all original music, with Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz coming back to do it.
Source: http://collider.com/adam-shankman-inter ... chanted-2/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oooh, yay! Wonderful to hear! Thanks for keeping us updated!
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

This is one of my most anticipated future Disney projects. I hope it’s bigger and more lavish than the first film. I totally agree that there’s a lot of potential in exploring what comes after happily ever after. I really hope this project comes together.

And it would be nice to have Menken and Schwartz back together. I want Menken to be celebrated again at Disney. The disrespect he and Schwartz received from Lasseter sickens me.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

PatrickvD wrote:This is one of my most anticipated future Disney projects. I hope it’s bigger and more lavish than the first film. I totally agree that there’s a lot of potential in exploring what comes after happily ever after. I really hope this project comes together.
Mine too. Fingers crossed!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

James Marsden wants to reprise his role in the sequel.
Recently, 'Enchanted' director Adam Shankman revealed that the script for the fantasy romcom sequel is almost ready. Marsden had played the quintessential Price Charming in the 2007 film, who ventures into the real-time New York from an animated Disney film to search for his love, Giselle (Amy Adams). The actor said he hopes the second installment finally comes through after 10 long years of wait.

When asked whether he would reprise his role in the sequel, Marsden said, "I loved that movie. It was a real joy to shoot that one. We didn't really know if it was going to work. The conceit of it is pretty unique. They've been talking about making the sequel about 10 years now. So, I hope it happens although I couldn't speculate."
Source: http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 079_1.html
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^you can tell watching the film that he enjoyed the role, he looked like he was having so much fun! I cant wait for more PRINCE EDWARD!

btw I hope they dont change anything about his characterization from the previous film. I love how naive and clueless he was. He was so caught up in his own preciousness that he wasn't aware of how downright insulting he could be to others, but I thought the way Marsden played it was so funny.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Well, he and Amy Adams were the best parts of the movie (along with the soundtrack), so I hope he does return.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Aww I can't see why he wouldn't return ? He was part of the magic of the first !

I just wish this would hurry up and get started now ... every single part of me is ready for this film !
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

The fact that he still isn't even sure if he's in the film makes me wonder how far along this film actually is. I knew it was still early in development, but I assumed that all the principal actors had been signed on by now, especially since Enchanted 2 has been discussed for years now.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

my fear is that they'll cut the budget, get rid of the animation and dump it on their new streaming service. :|
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

unprincess wrote:my fear is that they'll cut the budget, get rid of the animation and dump it on their new streaming service. :|
I hadn't thought of that possibility. I hope that doesn't happen. :huh:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Amy Adams On ‘Enchanted’ Sequel: “We’re Working On It”
https://deadline.com/2018/07/enchanted- ... 202422414/
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

D82 wrote:
unprincess wrote:my fear is that they'll cut the budget, get rid of the animation and dump it on their new streaming service. :|
I hadn't thought of that possibility. I hope that doesn't happen. :huh:
Oh my gosh, no!!! It’d be as bad as when they made “Splash Too” for the Disney Sunday Movie (shudder)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I feel like this movie is stuck in perpetual limbo. There's never really any news on it and we've been hearing "talks" of a sequel for years now.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

They're probably working on perfecting their de aging technology so they can wait even longer. I know they had to use some tricks when peewee did his latest movie to make him look younger. Wouldnt be shocked to see them try that with the returning cast again here.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I think Adam Shankman (the director) must be working on the postproduction of his latest film right now, which recently wrapped production. Maybe the preproduction of Disenchanted is on hold until he finishes his current movie. Anyway, after all these delays, I'm trying not to get my hopes up for this film in case it never gets greenlit.

Kyle wrote:They're probably working on perfecting their de aging technology so they can wait even longer. I know they had to use some tricks when peewee did his latest movie to make him look younger. Wouldnt be shocked to see them try that with the returning cast again here.
But they said the sequel will take place 10 years after the original, so there's no need for making them look younger.