Websites with good discussion boards like IMDB?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Guitarman

Websites with good discussion boards like IMDB?

Post by Guitarman »

I was a long time user of the IMDB discussion boards before they wound up getting closed down. Does anybody know of any other movie web sites that have good discussion boards, preferably ones that let you select which movie, TV show, actor, etc. you want to post the the comments about? I know dvdizzy.com is good for Disney topics, though I've often thought it would be nicer if (as I said earlier), there were different pages for movie, actors, directors, etc. and not just one big page where 99% of the discussion were posted. Is there a website with discussion boards similar to IMDB?

Thank you.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Re: Websites with good discussion boards like IMDB?

Post by Disney Guru »

Not to be a killjoy, but sadly the days of discussion boards. Is rather dying off.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Well that's a shame. I often used discussion boards as a way of acquiring information, discussing topics with other fans, etc. I've found them quite beneficial and it's pretty disappointing (to me at least) that they're dying out.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, it is very sad they are dying. I can't talk that much about Disney with many other people besides here.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Anyone knows the reason why yhe IMdB discussion boards have been shut down? Too much trolls maybe? Could’t they handle it?
I spend some time on these boards and it was interesting indeed despite the trolls.

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/