DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:38 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 11743
I guess they won't be correcting the typo.

Image

Image
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Be8zRx9gPD6/

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:21 pm
Posts: 454
Since today is the official release date, it looks like Spotify already had the album up :D (minus the bonus material which usually Apple Music doesn't get either).

https://open.spotify.com/album/7hq1LYjKOhg1jn39YzbqVK?si=CQXAP1tyQimjF4gdSRrorQ

Be still my heart!!! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 10019
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
Matt wrote:
I was just gonna post this lol.
The price is $19.96, I think I’m gonna wait for a price drop.
Me, too. At least for it to drop to 14.99 like the 2-discs used to start at.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:33 pm
Posts: 1724
Location: New Jersey, USA
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Matt wrote:
I was just gonna post this lol.
The price is $19.96, I think I’m gonna wait for a price drop.
Me, too. At least for it to drop to 14.99 like the 2-discs used to start at.

It’s $14.39 now and I ordered my copy today!
It doesn’t come with a free AutoRip with the purchase on Amazon. :(
But I have a program to fix that! Lol :)
Excited to get this in the mail!

_________________
Check Out My Disney Music Videos now in HQ! :mickeyface:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 1987
Location: Spain
Beauty and the Beast promotional video:

https://twitter.com/DisneyMusicEmp/stat ... 2288750592


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 10019
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
Matt wrote:
It’s $14.39 now and I ordered my copy today!
It doesn’t come with a free AutoRip with the purchase on Amazon. :(
But I have a program to fix that! Lol :)
Excited to get this in the mail!

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought it. :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 2740
I guess this must be one of the most best selling editions of this series, due to Beauty's legacy and popularity?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:53 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:33 pm
Posts: 1724
Location: New Jersey, USA
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Matt wrote:
It’s $14.39 now and I ordered my copy today!
It doesn’t come with a free AutoRip with the purchase on Amazon. :(
But I have a program to fix that! Lol :)
Excited to get this in the mail!

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought it. :)

Welcome!
And really?! Thought you didn’t collect the CD’s?
SO cool!

_________________
Check Out My Disney Music Videos now in HQ! :mickeyface:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:20 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:44 am
Posts: 666
Location: Denmark
Such a sloppy release!!

Did anyone else notice Mrs. Potts' dialogue lines missing in The Mob song? You can still hear them very faintly, but they are clearly muted compared to Beasts' lines...

It's like they are not even trying...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:58 am
Posts: 1136
Location: Timisoara, Romania
I ordered my copy from the Disney Music Emporium website. I wanted to include the two lithographs, too, but, in the end, I just went with the set itself. Who knows how the shipping would be handled, and it would break my heart to receive two damaged lithographs. :lol:

_________________
Image

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:56 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 41
I've received damaged lithographs from them in the past and they were happy to send a replacement. I didn't even have to send the damaged one back!

I just got through listening to "Beauty and the Beast" and I found it to be another great volume of The Legacy Collection. I hope there are more releases to come and, if there are, I can't wait to find out what the next release is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 9233
Location: America
If you order from the Disney Music Emporium, can you get two lithographs for any title they have released so far?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:36 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 1881
Disney Duster wrote:
If you order from the Disney Music Emporium, can you get two lithographs for any title they have released so far?

Last I checked, you could. I think they have signed versions as well for select titles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:49 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 10019
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
I got my copy of the B&tB Legacy last week—I finally picked up the 2017 film’s soundtrack at the same time—and I’ve listened through the first disc so far and a couple of the demos. I’m not as familiar with B&tB as TLM, so I couldn’t say right off if anything’s missing/wrong like bigger fans could, but it sounds great from what I’ve listened to? I read Menken’s intro in the booklet, and there was one detail that surprised me. Maybe I’ve read this before and just forgot over time, but I don't think I knew before now that “Something There” was only written as a result of “Human Again” being cut. I guess losing “Human Again” from the original release really worked out for the best because “Something There” is one of the defining moments of the film and the relationship between Belle and the Beast. Anyway, I thought this release was collectively Bove’s best overall outside the opening picture of Belle in front of the fountain (I wish she wouldn’t have bothered with the lipstick).

I re-watched The Rescuers last night (and its sequel, which I still consider the better film while the first has the better soundtrack and I have always preferred ink/paint over caps) and I would love if that film would get a Legacy release somewhere in the future. There are so many films I’d like to see get this treatment, which looks unlikely to happen for all or even most of them. It feels like the line is on life support as it is. :/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:26 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 9233
Location: America
Thanks JeanGreyForever! If I have the money, I may buy the Cinderella ones.

Did I miss something, or does the Beauty and the Beast release not have a different picture on the back than the front, while all other releases did?

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Maybe I’ve read this before and just forgot over time, but I don't think I knew before now that “Something There” was only written as a result of “Human Again” being cut. I guess losing “Human Again” from the original release really worked out for the best because “Something There” is one of the defining moments of the film and the relationship between Belle and the Beast.

I first learned of that reason for "Something There" on here in the Beauty and the Beast Discussion thread I believe, and I agree with you. Without "Something There", Belle and the Beast would not have as much relationship and that would be bad. It's such an important scene and without it the scene of Belle and the Beast's first date would feel unearned.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 2740
Disney's Divinity wrote:
I read Menken’s intro in the booklet, and there was one detail that surprised me. Maybe I’ve read this before and just forgot over time, but I don't think I knew before now that “Something There” was only written as a result of “Human Again” being cut. I guess losing “Human Again” from the original release really worked out for the best because “Something There” is one of the defining moments of the film and the relationship between Belle and the Beast.

I'm surprised by how little there was written on the booklet. Due to how Beauty is pretty much is labeled as the most beloved of the Disney pantheon, I'm surprised by how little information there was. But overall I was pleased.

Quote:
Anyway, I thought this release was collectively Bove’s best overall outside the opening picture of Belle in front of the fountain (I wish she wouldn’t have bothered with the lipstick).

I personally liked her work on Mermaid best. But each to their own ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:41 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1103
Location: Athens, Greece
Late to the party, but I just got the Aristocats and gave Ev'rybody want to be a cat a listen. And I am absolutely shocked how different it sounds. So much so that I run in here to see if someone else had a problem with it. Not sure I like it better than the version I already have.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:58 am
Posts: 1136
Location: Timisoara, Romania
Just received the Beauty and the Beast Legacy Collection CD today. It is such a handsome package, and I love the artwork. Really looking forward to listening to it. :)

_________________
Image

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:33 pm
Posts: 1724
Location: New Jersey, USA
I wished they’d all come with a jewel case. I can’t stand those cardboard slips. They scratch the CD’s if you take them out wrong. :x :down:

_________________
Check Out My Disney Music Videos now in HQ! :mickeyface:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:02 pm
Posts: 12458
Location: Somewhere in Time and Space
Matt wrote:
I wished they’d all come with a jewel case. I can’t stand those cardboard slips. They scratch the CD’s if you take them out wrong. :x :down:

So don't take them out wrong.

Albert

_________________
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group