Christopher Robin (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Disney's live-action Winnie the Pooh

Post by JeanGreyForever »

It seems especially unnecessary with that upcoming Milne biopic. In general, the lives of most of these classic children's writers were unhappy and didn't have particularly nice endings so I don't know why Hollywood keeps trying to sanitize them. Finding Neverland is another example, perhaps the most extreme case of revisionist history.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

disneyprincess11 wrote:I....... :shock:
Jim Cummings, the current voice of Winnie the Pooh, will continue to voice the role he has held for decades. Everybody Loves Raymond‘s Brad Garrett will take on the role of Eeyore. Alan Tudyk, who brought K-2SO in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, will be voicing Tigger.

http://dapsmagic.com/2017/08/14/disneys ... er-eeyore/
Oh, come on. Why couldn't Jim voice both Pooh and Tigger? He's done it loads of times before. :( :x
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Tudyk hasn't been confirmed yet. But yeah, why not both characters?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Kristen Anderson-Lopez is reprising Kanga. Wyatt Dean Hall will be Roo. No Tigger, but Dustin Hoffman and Martin Short have turned down the role.

https://disneyfilmfacts.com/2017/09/17/ ... oice-cast/
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

A synopsis has been released via Disney Publishing.
Christopher reunites with Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore, and the rest of his old friends when he returns to the Hundred Acre Wood for the first time since childhood. As he returns to the life he once knew, Christopher sees the world through new eyes and discovers that even as everything around us seems to change, the most important things remain constant.
Source: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1368025889/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

"The life he once new"?

Wow... I hope that's not an officially released synopsis.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Logo and new synopsis.
In the heartwarming live-action adventure Disney's Christopher Robin, the young boy who loved embarking on adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood with a band of spirited and lovable stuffed animals, has grown up and lost his way. Now it is up to his childhood friends to venture into our world and help Christopher Robin remember the loving and playful boy who is still inside.
Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... 018-slate/

JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Christopher Robin (Live-Action)

I love the logo. It has a classic feel to it like the old Winnie the Pooh shorts and episodes. Unfortunately, I still have no interest in this film, especially now that I've learned some unsavory details about lead Ewan McGregor.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The logo is simple but nice.

In the heartwarming live-action adventure Disney's Christopher Robin, the young boy who loved embarking on adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood with a band of spirited and lovable stuffed animals, has grown up and lost his way. Now it is up to his childhood friends to venture into our world and help Christopher Robin remember the loving and playful boy who is still inside.
Sounds like it will be similar to the live-action Smurfs movie.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Sounds like it will be similar to the live-action Smurfs movie.
:huh: It would have been better if Christopher Robin traveled to the 100 Acre Wood again as an adult instead of the stuffed animals coming to life in the real world.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Technically, the whole concept of Winnie the Pooh was that Christopher Robin's stuffed animals came to life anyway and he frequently interacted with them by visiting them in the Hundred Acre Wood. I can imagine the film has them stuck in his attic or something and some magical force brings them back to life.

The plot reminds me of "Hook", which was also about a famous literary character growing up and losing his childhood innocence. If they can pull this movie off, it could make the ending of "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" even more poignant.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Sotiris wrote:
D82 wrote:Sounds like it will be similar to the live-action Smurfs movie.
:huh: It would have been better if Christopher Robin traveled to the 100 Acre Wood again as an adult instead of the stuffed animals coming to life in the real world.
thats the first thing that I thought of... Smurfs, the Chipmunk films and that atrocious new Peter Rabbit movie, where cute CGI critters wreak havoc on an unsuspecting adult but at the end teach him a lesson about life. :roll:

No Tigger, but Dustin Hoffman and Martin Short have turned down the role.
well thank goodness, though this move is already staring to sound questionable anyway...

especially now that I've learned some unsavory details about lead Ewan McGregor.
oh geez, him too? :|
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

unprincess wrote:
Sotiris wrote: :huh: It would have been better if Christopher Robin traveled to the 100 Acre Wood again as an adult instead of the stuffed animals coming to life in the real world.
thats the first thing that I thought of... Smurfs, the Chipmunk films and that atrocious new Peter Rabbit movie, where cute CGI critters wreak havoc on an unsuspecting adult but at the end teach him a lesson about life. :roll:
Peter Rabbit looks absolutely awful. The funny thing is that I remember that Beatrix Potter refused to give the rights over to Disney for a film adaptation because she thought they would butcher the character. That ended up happening anyway though.
unprincess wrote:
No Tigger, but Dustin Hoffman and Martin Short have turned down the role.
well thank goodness, though this move is already staring to sound questionable anyway...
Thank goodness for no Dustin Hoffman. Disney doesn't need any more associations like that.
unprincess wrote:
especially now that I've learned some unsavory details about lead Ewan McGregor.
oh geez, him too? :|
He hasn't had a sexual harassment or sexual assault scandal. He has been identified as a cheating dirtbag though who lost a lot of fans especially after his Golden Globes speech where he thanked both his wife and his new paramour. The Star Wars prequels will be very difficult to stomach now with him onscreen, although I know with or without him, most people already share that sentiment.
ImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Now, wait a minute: One of the highest praised movies of all time that just came out is Paddington 2: A bear that lives in the real world. I have faith in the story of Pooh & friends going to the real world. In fact, I'm intrigued by it. It sounds like they're keeping the magic, warmth, and innocence of Pooh, so I can't wait to see their curiosity in play.

My biggest thing is: Where's a teaser and poster? And who's Tigger, Rabbit, Owl, Gopher (?) etc.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

disneyprincess11 wrote:Now, wait a minute: One of the highest praised movies of all time that just came out is Paddington 2: A bear that lives in the real world. I have faith in the story of Pooh & friends going to the real world. In fact, I'm intrigued by it. It sounds like they're keeping the magic, warmth, and innocence of Pooh, so I can't wait to see their curiosity in play.

My biggest thing is: Where's a teaser and poster? And who's Tigger, Rabbit, Owl, Gopher (?) etc.
Paddington is a completely different type of film and character though. Pooh is a stuffed bear and his adventures are part of Christopher Robin's childhood whimsy and all meant to take place in his bedroom. Paddington was always real and the books are about his adventures when he comes to London, which the films follow. Plus Paddington was created by the same people behind Harry Potter, so you know the source material is in good hands. Disney is hit and miss, even when it comes to their own source material (Maleficent anyone). Not to mention the author of Paddington was still writing more books and even endorsed the first movie.
ImageImage
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Seems like some bad Hook / Smurfs crossover. Pooh doesn't deserve this.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

According to a new report, this will be the voice cast for the film.

Winnie the Pooh: Jim Cummings

Tigger: Chris O'Dowd

Piglet: Nick Mohammed

Eeyore: Brad Garrett

Rabbit: Peter Capaldi

Owl: Toby Jones

Kanga: Sophie Okonedo

Roo: Wyatt Dean Hall
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote: Eeyore: Brad Garrett

Rabbit: Peter Capaldi

Owl: Toby Jones
I'm fine with Garrett playing Eeyore and Capaldi will be a much better Rabbit than Spongebob (no offense to the Spongebob voice actor, I just didn't like him in 2011's WtP). I think Jones will do a good job as Owl, too.

I can't place O'Dowd or Mohammed to say anything about them. I wonder why Cummings isn't playing Tigger, too? Who cares who voices Kanga/Roo really...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Jóhann Jóhannsson Revealed as Original Composer for Marc Forster’s ‘Christopher Robin’
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/02/15 ... her-robin/
Jóhann Jóhannsson‘s manager Tim Husom revealed in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that the composer had signed on to score Disney’s upcoming fantasy drama Christopher Robin before he passed away last week.
"He was mostly focused on that full time," Johannsson's manager, Tim Husom at Redbird Music, told The Hollywood Reporter. "It was a kind of uncharted territory for him, that kind of movie, and it was really going well."
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ed-1084815
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

But that one site says Kristin Anderson-Lopez was going to be Kanga. Can Disney just confirm the cast already