Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Elladorine »

Rose Dome wrote:^

Taww!

Appreciation being passed down the generations! :float:
It was actually a great teaching opportunity. ;) We went over the characters' names, I let him read the boxes (he can't read full words yet but he's great with letters and numbers!), he pointed out several colors (he seemed fascinated with Gosalyn's and Launchpad's orange hair, lol), and then I introduced him to the opening animation/theme song via Youtube (I'll dig my box sets out later). After we get moved and settled I'll take him to the store and let him pick out a few of his very own Funkos to play with. :D
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I would definitely share these with the kids if I had them. There are only a couple pops I’d actually be afraid a child could break somehow.

I got my Halloween Town Sora today. He is so adorable! Snow White (Maid) should be coming any day now. “I’m Wishing/One Song” is probably my favorite scene in SW&tSD, and I hope someday they make the Prince so I can put the two together.

Btw, there’s a new Stitch pop where he’s riding the red spaceship from the beginning of the film.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney's Divinity

Just my ramblings here. :wink:

I picked up Snow White (TRU), the Witch, and the Sailor Moon pops (and I was able to snatch Beryl, too, yay :!: ). I also got Halloween Town Sora. I paid too much for it like a fool because I didn't trust I could get it through HotTopic after I missed D&G and I was NOT missing Sora. I got it through a misc. seller for around $22, then it was easily available on the site for long periods pretty as you please at $9... :cry: :lol: Fate, she is cruel. The pop's so cute though, so I don't hate myself too much for it.

Now I just have to get the exclusive BestBuy Sora and BoxLunch Mickey (Org. 13 Cloak), then I can stop worrying; if I miss Llama Kuzko, it won't be that big of a deal and I don't expect the Jasmine exclusive to be hard to get. I'm debating whether or not I'll get TRU Sora. I mean, I like Valor Form, but I wish they'd given him Star Seeker and Hero's Crest, something instead of Oathkeeper which he already has in the BestBuy pop. I mean, those 3 Sora pops are already in the same pose, they could've at least used different Keyblades. If they ever make Master Form, I hope they use Ultima Weapon and Two Become One. I sort of wish the Halloween Town Sora and Space Paranoids Sora had come with Pumpkin King and Photon DeBugger, respectively, but they are cute without keyblades.

I read something about how there might be a Genie pop coming with the other Aladdin pops that has him dressed up in his Walt Disney World clothes from the end of the film. :lol: I hope that turns out to be true and not just rumor. I'd rather have Prince Ali though lbr. As far as this whole Disney Movie Moments thing, I hope we get Ariel on her rock. Besides that, they'll probably be a little too high for me to commit to.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

What is the Disney Movie Moments thing and what have they released so far and what will they do?
Disney's Divinity

Just wanted to post because they've made a "Pop" of a the rose from Beauty and the Beast. See a picture here.

I know they had to have a stand since it can't float, lol, but I wonder if the green on glass is a real reflection? (And why is the flower portion green if it is??) I would have considered it partly because I have all the B&tB pops and I've always loved the rose in a jar anyway, but it's supposed to be $30. So I have to pass. It doesn't look THAT good. Maybe half that price.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Hercules pops have been found in a French retailer's computer system.

Hercules, Hades, Meg and Phil all get pops. There is also a Hercules and Pegasus Pop Ride coming and a Pain and Panic 2-Pack. A glow-in-the-dark Hades is also rumored to be coming to Hot Topic.
Disney's Divinity

I'm surprised they'd make Pain and Panic. I'd rather they had made a 2-pack of the Rock and Ice Titans.

I'd like to have the GITD Hades, but any Hades will be fine for me. Since Hercules is in my top 3, naturally I'll be getting them all. It would be nice if the Hercules POP is teen Herc and the Pop Ride is him as an adult?
Disney's Divinity

A Target exclusive Gizmoduck is being released. Go here and scroll down for the picture.

It does look nice, but I'm going to pass. A Super Sailor Moon just dropped out of nowhere, too. I wonder if there's any truth to the Tourist Genie pop.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Disney Duster wrote:What is the Disney Movie Moments thing and what have they released so far and what will they do?
None have been made or announced for Disney yet. Just Star Wars has them so far and they have all been exclusives.

Walmart has 4 from A New Hope. C-3PO and R2-D2 after crashing on Tatooine, Han and Greedo in the Cantina, Luke and Leia in Trash Compactor, and Vader vs Obi-Wan.

Walgreen's has 1 from Empire Strikes Back which is Vader and Luke's duel on Bespin.

I have the Walgreen's exclusive so far as it has been the only one I have found. They look great in person. I can't wait to see what they do for Disney!
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Disney's Divinity wrote:A Target exclusive Gizmoduck is being released. Go here and scroll down for the picture.

It does look nice, but I'm going to pass. A Super Sailor Moon just dropped out of nowhere, too. I wonder if there's any truth to the Tourist Genie pop.
Tourist Genie is true him along with Frozen Dorbz and wave 2 of Disney Pint Size Heroes images from a new Funko catalog are on Instagram.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks SpaceAce for answering!
Disney's Divinity

SpaceAce wrote:Tourist Genie is true him along with Frozen Dorbz and wave 2 of Disney Pint Size Heroes images from a new Funko catalog are on Instagram.
Good to know! I never bought the original Genie (the mold wasn’t interesting enough, imo), so I might pick this one up if it looks nice. I’d prefer a Genie with vapor-tail and lamp though.

I was just thinking about the lines I follow and what might be released next year. For Disney (non-KH/Marvel/Star Wars, etc.), my guess would be new Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella pops. I mean, f.e., like the Stepmother, Lucifer, Fairy Godmother possibly, Cinderella in her work clothes, the three good fairies. That’s what I’d expect since B&tB, Aladdin, TLM, and Snow White all finally got new additions in 2017. Maybe Tangled, too? I could see The Hunchback of Notre Dame finally happening in the Fall since Hercules is first half of 2018 I'm assuming (Quasi, Esmeralda, and Frollo--I'd love a Clopin pop! Or a variant of Quasi as the King of Fools). Possibly The Fox and the Hound in a two-pack like L&tT? New Incredibles and WIR pops to coincide with the sequels, of course. New Mary Poppins pops to go with MPR? I’d like to get the last of the Pooh characters (Rabbit, Owl, maybe Kanga, Gopher, and Christopher Robin), perhaps with a Pooh variant holding a balloon or something.

Not really sure what else the might look at? Probably too much to hope for The Sword in the Stone (at least Merlin/Mim)? Atlantis, Alice, Mulan, or Jungle Book? Pinocchio (a donkey tail/ear variant, Figaro?) I don’t know if Tarzan can receive Funkos or not because of the Burroughs family having control. It’s a real shame if it can’t. I wonder if they might finally get the Hocus Pocus pops out. Watch them put out pops for the new Disney Channel trash version of HP instead. :roll:
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

dang if they make a Megara Pop I may just have to stat collecting these things.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

New GameStops leaks some can be reserved is store now. I have marked those series with a *

Hercules*
-Hercules
-Baby Hercules
-Hercules and Peguasus
-Meg
-Phil
-Hades

Aladdin*
-Genie

The Nightmare Before Christmas
-Lock
-Shock
-Barrel

Monsters Inc
-Sulley
-Boo
-Roz
-Harryhausen

The Incredible 2 no names just numbers up to 8*

Winnie the Pooh Dorbz

Solo A Star Wars Story (under code name Star Wars Red Cup lol) no names just numbers*

Avengers Infinity War No names just numbers*

Jessica Jones*
-Kilgrave

A bunch of Marvel Games Pops also.*
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

yup guess Ill be collecting these now as I dont really just want Meg by herself... I really like the new Merida and Mulan and may get some of the smaller princess pocket pops too.

Would also really like to get Hades.
Disney's Divinity

Wow, a baby Hercules, too! :o And the P&P two-pack already seemed pretty shocking to me for one of their less popular films. I'm glad to see Hercules get so many. :) Out of my top 3 of Hercules/Sword in the Stone/Mermaid, I assumed Mermaid was the only one to pin any real hopes on for variants/secondary characters. Between this and the TENG set, they seem to be going all-out for rarer movies at this point. For Hunchback fans, I definitely think the film has higher chances for this year (and for a better set than I would've bet on just a year ago).

Hercules/Pegasus will be my first Pop! Ride. They're too expensive; hopefully I'll luck up with a coupon to bring it down. What I would like is if the regular pop is him as a teenager and the ride is him as an adult, that way you'd have baby, teen, and adult Herc. :P

Actually, now that I think of it, three pops for Herc seems incredible when you consider how long it took to get the one Aladdin pop. Could this be a sign Disney might finally be shifting their attitude towards the male characters? I thought it would take the good sales of the Aladdin pop before they realized, yes, we want those characters, too.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^yeah Im surprised at how may pop figures its getting. I do think it seems to have gotten a bit of cult status, similar to TENG. It seems especially popular with 4chan, among all places.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Wreck-It Ralph 2 Funkos have been confirmed

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/statu ... 1119848448

As of right now, I have funkos of all of the Disney Princesses, so I'm excited about Meg. I'm planning on getting the peasant Snow White and red Jasmine too.
Disney's Divinity

Looks like the Disney Treasure pops for February are most likely wedding versions of Ariel and Eric. They have the pops in shadow for one (the bride has a veil and a tiara that looks like Ariel's) and the advert was a picture of Eric's palace. Of course, the hair on the Prince makes me think it's Cinderella/Prince Charming. I hope it's Cinderella/Prince because I'd rather Wedding Ariel & Eric were released outside Disney's ripoff Treasures line, thanks.
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Wreck-It Ralph 2 Funkos have been confirmed

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/statu ... 1119848448

As of right now, I have funkos of all of the Disney Princesses, so I'm excited about Meg. I'm planning on getting the peasant Snow White and red Jasmine too.
No offense, but I don't know that I'd consider that confirmed.

It'd be badass, though, I want an official Calhoun pop.
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!