The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MadasaHatter
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

Post by MadasaHatter »

I just picked up Spider-Man: Homecoming and there was no Magic Code inside. I bought the Target exclusive so I'm wondering if anyone else who has purchased the standard release had a Magic Code in theirs, or if it was just the exclusive that didn't have a code.

I'm assuming they didn't do one as it was distributed by Sony. Does anyone know 100%?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

MadasaHatter wrote:I just picked up Spider-Man: Homecoming and there was no Magic Code inside. I bought the Target exclusive so I'm wondering if anyone else who has purchased the standard release had a Magic Code in theirs, or if it was just the exclusive that didn't have a code.

I'm assuming they didn't do one as it was distributed by Sony. Does anyone know 100%?
Because it's not distributed by Disney, you won't get any Disney Movie Rewards points for it. This is also why if you watched the film in theaters, Disney Movie Rewards didn't have an option for you to submit ticket stubs for points. However because of the new Movies Anywhere app, you can still get a digital copy that can sit beside your other Disney/Marvel movies.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

unprincess wrote:I usually can never find anything I like either so I just end up getting the Disney Store or Starbucks gift cards, lol.
Hopefully we get notification before they close down. I do enjoy the Christmas Season for DMR. That’s when I stock up lol.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

What's this about DMR possibly shutting down? I've got 13614 points and keep waiting for something good. I keep ordering movie posters when they are available.

Anyone know if 25 days of Christmas is on this year?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Barbossa wrote:What's this about DMR possibly shutting down? I've got 13614 points and keep waiting for something good. I keep ordering movie posters when they are available.

Anyone know if 25 days of Christmas is on this year?
Man, I hope not. I just started using it again the past month because I wanted to fill out my Disney animated film collection on Blu-Ray, and I thought I could use my points to save money on a couple (the Hunchback and Cinderella Blu-Rays are on there right now from what I've seen).

I'm still mad that they don't give you points for albums/soundtracks anymore, unless they're bought through their shoddy Emporium website. :roll:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Barbossa-- If I were you, I'd hurry and redeem those points. They may close the program with very little warning, and by then it might be too late to redeem those points. Is there anything on the site that catches your eye?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Barbossa-- If I were you, I'd hurry and redeem those points. They may close the program with very little warning, and by then it might be too late to redeem those points. Is there anything on the site that catches your eye?
The site has crashed. I have 2,000 points left.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

The site is working just fine for me. And I just ordered what I was waiting for, the Star Wars Last Jedi 2-sided payoff poster. 800 points.

Was hoping the payoff poster for Thor Ragnarok would show up with the whole ensemble cast, but it hasn't yet.

*Edit*

The Thor Ragnarok poster did show up too! Ordered it too!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Barbossa wrote:The site is working just fine for me. And I just ordered what I was waiting for, the Star Wars Last Jedi 2-sided payoff poster. 800 points.

Was hoping the payoff poster for Thor Ragnarok would show up with the whole ensemble cast, but it hasn't yet.

*Edit*

The Thor Ragnarok poster did show up too! Ordered it too!
I don't order posters as I don't have a good place them to hang them up. A few weeks ago I ordered a Disney Villains poster. I do see a Star Wars Hoodie, but about 140 points short.

Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

disneyboy20022 wrote: I don't order posters as I don't have a good place them to hang them up. A few weeks ago I ordered a Disney Villains poster. I do see a Star Wars Hoodie, but about 140 points short.
I keep them in their tubes for now. I only have space on the walls in my small basement suite for about 2 (ok, there's more room than that, but to make it look less cluttered). I just switch them out. Currently I have Guardians of the Galaxy teaser poster up behind my TV.

Lately the posters have been coming in great shape as they started shipping them in plastic within the cardboard tube. They didn't do that before and had a couple that came slightly damaged.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Barbossa wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote: I don't order posters as I don't have a good place them to hang them up. A few weeks ago I ordered a Disney Villains poster. I do see a Star Wars Hoodie, but about 140 points short.
I keep them in their tubes for now. I only have space on the walls in my small basement suite for about 2 (ok, there's more room than that, but to make it look less cluttered). I just switch them out. Currently I have Guardians of the Galaxy teaser poster up behind my TV.

Lately the posters have been coming in great shape as they started shipping them in plastic within the cardboard tube. They didn't do that before and had a couple that came slightly damaged.
Think I'm gonna hold on to my 2,000 points. I don't see them taking it down super super fast, but I could be wrong. I have many posters in a room I don't use. That or the first book that's decent I see, order it. They have an book of cars posters featuring 100 differ posters inside that looks cool.

Edit: This is the book

https://www.amazon.com/Poster-Art-Cars- ... rt+of+cars

Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

That Snow White Pillars collectible is very nice if anyone is on the fence on ordering it. I got it at Christmas last year and it's on sale again.

They just put up Gold, 4,000 points, and gold family, 5,250 points, D23 memberships. I'm considering using some of my 7,000+ points and getting one of these.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I have a feeling they’re not gonna do 25 days of Christmas this year. It will be more like what they did in Summer with those printables and maybe somebody bonus points one time through out the week. DMR has really gone down hill lately. :(
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

That's a pity. Disney really seems to have given up in anything even remotely pertaining to their home video department.
ImageImage
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

With people thinking DMR might be winding down, it's a far cry from what it used to be, what is everyone's favorite thing they've gotten from DMR over the years?

Mine would have to be the 50th Anniversary History of Disneyland CD set. Second would have to be one of the colorized Zorro sets. I wish I had hung onto it but stupidly got rid of it when I got the Treasures collections. I've got some great stuff over the years and I hope it doesn't go away. I have 8,000+ points and I'm trying for one of the Disneyland tours. If it does go away I've got memories and some nice collectibles.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

My favorite thing from DMR was a wall-size version of The Little Mermaid's 1997 re-release poster. I have it in a frame so it won't fade/get damaged.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Gurgi30 wrote:what is everyone's favorite thing they've gotten from DMR over the years?
A few months ago, I got Dave Smith's updated "Disney A-to-Z" book. I was too cheap to buy the updated book, so I was thrilled that I could get it with my points! Lately I've been getting posters, and we just hung those up in our home, so those are cool, too. I've gotten so many little items over the years, but these are what stand out to me.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I loved when they had the Treasures sets. I still hold my Oswald and Your Host, Walt Disney sets closely.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Yup, 25 Days Of Christmas is officially NOT happening this year! :( :down:
Disney D23 is having 23 days of Christmas. So that’s basically taking over for this year. Kind of upsetting. I always look forward to it every year. I guess all good things must come to an end.
Thoughts???
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Matt wrote:Yup, 25 Days Of Christmas is officially NOT happening this year! :( :down:
Disney D23 is having 23 days of Christmas. So that’s basically taking over for this year. Kind of upsetting. I always look forward to it every year. I guess all good things must come to an end.
Thoughts???
Aww that's sad. If Disney does end Disney Movie Rewards soon, I hope they at least give some sort of warning and slowly phase it out rather than one day just have the site closed down without any prior announcement.
ImageImage