Is Gizmoduck one of anyone's fave characters?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Is Gizmoduck one of anyone's fave characters?

Post by HarryCanyon »

One of mine since i was a kid and he is a cool character on Ducktales and Darkwing Duck and he's like Robocop/Iron Man.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: Is Gizmoduck one of anyone's fave characters?

Post by milojthatch »

HarryCanyon wrote:One of mine since i was a kid and he is a cool character on Ducktales and Darkwing Duck and he's like Robocop/Iron Man.
A quick Google search about the character would show how beloved he is. So much fan art!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I had taped the made-for-tv movie* that introduced the character.. Oh, when was that ... must have been 1989? It was pretty exciting to watch with my family back in the day and still holds a lot of fond memories. Oh, to be such a care-free kid again ...

Fenton's a great character. Very insecure guy that wants to feel important, and thinks the suit is the key to that. He fumbles a bit but always tries to do what's right, and perhaps by the end of the arc he realizes that he doesn't need to be some big-shot in order to ask for a date with the likes of Gandra Dee. Especially loved his later appearances on Darkwing, and how he and Drake are totally oblivious to each other's secret identities. Oh, and I also love his mom, she's a hoot!

I haven't watched this in ages, but in retrospect, the humor here seems less Disney and more Warner Brothers. I'll have to revisit it one of these days.

*which was made up of five episodes that later aired
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Elladorine wrote:Oh, and I also love his mom, she's a hoot!
I was never that fond of Gizmoduck myself. But his mom (voiced by the fantastic Kathleen Freeman) on the other hand was hilarious.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I was never that fond of Gizmoduck myself. But his mom (voiced by the fantastic Kathleen Freeman) on the other hand was hilarious.
"Don't get any crumbs on the floor, I just swept last year!"