Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by D82 »

^ Thanks, Sotiris! The episode wasn't one of my favorites, but I liked the song.

Here's the preview for the next episode: http://tangledbea.tumblr.com/post/16620 ... en-with-my
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Update on the schedule. It seems that after the next two episodes, there won't be more until November 22, when Queen for a Day will air:
Next Episode - Season 1 - Episode 15 : Max's Enemy (Oct 15, 2017)
When a new crime-fighting horse arrives in Corona, it doesn't take long for Maximus to realize his new stablemate didn't come to town to make nice.

Season 1 - Episode 16 : The Way of the Willow (Oct 22, 2017)
When Rapunzel discovers that Queen Arianna has an estranged sister, she invites her newly discovered Aunt Willow to Corona.

Season 1 - Episode 17 : Queen for a Day (Nov 22, 2017)
Source: https://www.moviefone.com/tv/tangled-th ... /season-1/

Judging by the cover of the book version of that episode, it looks like it's the episode where Varian sings the song that was previewed at the D23 Expo.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

• Promo for the next episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daZGsHFTJMk

• Music video of the Greek version of "Wind in my Hair": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azj7PKAtZE8

• And one more episode title:
UPDATE: clip from Sunday's episode:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

It seems there's going to be a DVD for the episode called "Queen for a Day". Which might actually be a TV movie, because according to this website it has a running time of 45 minutes. Here's the cover and a synopsis:

"The fate or Corona hangs in the balance when everyone's favorite ""barefoot princess"" faces the ultimate test as Queen for a Day.

Left in charge during her parents' absence, Rapunzel thinks she's ""got this"" - until every royal decision she makes backfires! Then, a raiging blizzard threatens the kingdom, while spiky, indestructible black rocks are multiplying and destroying everything in their path! Can our inexperienced heroine and her friends save the day? Bursting with action, music and fun, this thrilling adventture will blow you away!"
Source: http://tangledbea.tumblr.com/post/16664 ... tangle-the

UPDATE. Here's a sneak peek at "Queen for a Day":

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ft-XYZiPYc[/youtube]
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I finally saw the pilot movie and I found it really fun, colorful and vibrant. It may be sacrilege to say but I preferred its visuals to those of the original movie. The sequel (?) feels like an actual storybook come to life and it makes me sad the original didn't play with the medium in any interesting way, and opted for some faux-realism and looking like pretty much any other CG feature. And seeing how simple yet pretty Rapunzel's hair is in the sequel, it makes that insistence on her hair being ultra-realistic in the movie (and the supposed main reason for the movie being CG) all the more stupid and eyeroll-worthy.

However, I'm not sure if I'll committ to watching the show itself, even though the main mystery seems intriguing. Maybe I'll just stick to reading episode summaries online.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Mooky wrote:And seeing how simple yet pretty Rapunzel's hair is in the sequel, it makes that insistence on her hair being ultra-realistic in the movie (and the supposed main reason for the movie being CG) all the more stupid and eyeroll-worthy.
I had forgotten that was the excuse they gave for making it CG. :lol: They also said they couldn't do a sequel because her hair was cut. And now they have no problem in making a continuation and in making it in 2D.
Mooky wrote:However, I'm not sure if I'll committ to watching the show itself, even though the main mystery seems intriguing. Maybe I'll just stick to reading episode summaries online.
The mystery of the spikes only continues in the first episode after the pilot movie, and is mentioned briefly at the end of episode 8, which is titled Great Expotations. It will appear again in Queen for a Day, the new TV movie they have announced for November 19. The rest of the episodes are mostly independent stories. All the series is quite good in my opinion, and there's some progress in the relationships between the characters, some new revelations and new characters are introduced throughout it, but if you are only interested in the main plot, I guess you can watch that first episode and skip the rest until the next TV movie without losing much.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

D82 wrote:I had forgotten that was the excuse they gave for making it CG. :lol: They also said they couldn't do a sequel because her hair was cut. And now they have no problem in making a continuation and in making it in 2D.
Yeah :lol: I mean, that excuse was always silly, as this was the company that animated Auora's, Ariel's, Jasmine's AND Pocahontas' hair so the argument didn't make sense even back then. But hey, CG is where the money lies.
D82 wrote:The mystery of the spikes only continues in the first episode after the pilot movie, and is mentioned briefly at the end of episode 8, which is titled Great Expotations. It will appear again in Queen for a Day, the new TV movie they have announced for November 19. The rest of the episodes are mostly independent stories. All the series is quite good in my opinion, and there's some progress in the relationships between the characters, some new revelations and new characters are introduced throughout it, but if you are only interested in the main plot, I guess you can watch that first episode and skip the rest until the next TV movie without losing much.
Hmm, I may give it a go then as I really liked the pilot movie, and the first season doesn't appear to be long at all. I can always play standalone episodes in the background and focus on the main plot ones. Thanks for the advice and clarification!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Mooky wrote:Hmm, I may give it a go then as I really liked the pilot movie, and the first season doesn't appear to be long at all. I can always play standalone episodes in the background and focus on the main plot ones. Thanks for the advice and clarification!
No problem. :) I hope you enjoy the series if you finally decide to watch it.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Zachary Levy revealed during a panel at Salt Lake Comic Con 2017 that his character will sing a duet with Lance Strongbow in a future episode.
Eugene is also getting a solo.
Glenn Slater wrote:We're writing a big new song for one of our favorite characters in Tangled: The Series - not gonna say who, but he might sound suspiciously similarly to Zachary Levi...
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BarJ7nZgmBT ... jLH5y9Nw0/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

It's extremely weird that they all keep on saying "There is going to be songs!" But yet, minus the pilot, there has been only one musical number out of the 15 episodes so far. :|
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

We already knew there wouldn't be a lot of songs in the show. Glenn Slater said there'll only be around ten songs in season 1 while the showrunner Chris Sonnenburg said in multiple interviews that songs will only be featured in milestone episodes such as the season premiere, mid-season finale, and season finale.

All the songs we know of so far:

Life After Happily Ever After
Wind in My Hair
Wind in My Hair (Reprise)
More of Me *
Friendship Song
Listen Up
I've Got This
Let Me Make You Proud
Let Me Make You Proud (Reprise)
Set Yourself Free
Ready As I'll Ever Be
Zachary Levi/James M. Iglehart Duet
Zachary Levi Solo

* not written by Menken/Slater
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

In my opinion, the songs have been pretty good so far. My favorite for now is "Let Me Make You Proud". I have listened to it (and sung it) lots of times since it premiered at the D23 Expo. But I also love "Wind in My Hair" and "Life After Happily Ever After". I can't wait to hear the Zachary Levi/James M. Iglehart duet, and especially, the Zachary Levi solo. Maybe one of them is in Queen for a Day too. Tangled Before Ever After had two songs and a reprise, so the upcoming TV special could have another song apart from Varian's song and its reprise.
Sotiris wrote:Chris Sonnenburg said in multiple interviews that songs will only be featured in milestone episodes such as the season premiere, mid-season finale, and season finale.
Sorry, I'm really ignorant about TV shows. This year, for instance, I learned what a hiatus in a TV series is, for the first time. Queen for a Day is the mid-season finale, right? And I guess the following episodes will still be from season one, until reaching 26, which is the number of episodes they said each season will be comprised of. And will the season finale be a one hour special, too?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I can't wait to hear the Zachary Levi/James M. Iglehart duet, and especially, the Zachary Levi solo. Maybe one of them is in Queen for a Day too. Tangled Before Ever After had two songs and a reprise, so the upcoming TV special could have another song apart from Varian's song and its reprise.
Here's hoping. The show could use more songs. The Levi solo is just being written so it can't be it. It's most likely for season 2.
D82 wrote:Queen for a Day is the mid-season finale, right? And I guess the following episodes will still be from season one, until reaching 26, which is the number of episodes they said each season will be comprised of. And will the season finale be a one hour special, too?
Queen for a Day is in fact the mid-season finale. As for the season finale, we don't know yet but it's a strong possibility. Season finales for Disney animated series are not necessarily hour-long. It varies from show to show.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:The Levi solo is just being written so it can't be it. It's most likely for season 2.
Oops! Yes, it's true.
Sotiris wrote:Queen for a Day is in fact the mid-season finale. As for the season finale, we don't know yet but it's a strong possibility. Season finales for Disney animated series are not necessarily hour-long. It varies from show to show.
OK, thanks for your answer. :)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Trailer for Queen for a Day, the 1-hour special event that airs November 19:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNNdfvwVWMs[/youtube]
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Music video for a new song from Queen for a Day titled "I've Got This":

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_dowx6oKdg[/youtube]
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Tangled Before Ever After had two songs and a reprise, so the upcoming TV special could have another song apart from Varian's song and its reprise.
Well, you called it! :up: Thanks for posting the new song!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^ Yes. :D I'm glad there's at least one more song in the TV movie. And it's quite good too. Do you think they're going to release a CD with all the songs in the show?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Do you think they're going to release a CD with all the songs in the show?
Yep! Glenn Slater said there'll eventually be a complete soundtrack of the show. It's not clear though if there'll be a physical CD release or just a digital album.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^ Oh, that's great! Thanks for the info! I wrote CD, but I actually meant a soundtrack release. I would prefer a physical CD, but I'll be happy if there's just a digital release, too.