DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:58 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:33 pm
Posts: 1724
Location: New Jersey, USA
stevemcqueen wrote:
Matt wrote:
stevemcqueen wrote:
I'm in the same boat. But I'd say there's a pretty good chance they'll re-release these as DMC exclusives with digital copies. If they do, it will actually be cheaper to order them, use the digital copies and sell the discs. The prices of these sales ($12.99-$14.99) just aren't appealing enough. If these were around $7, I'd bite.

I caved and got them all lol ugh. Glad I had some iTunes credit. :D :up:


lol I'm surprised at myself that I managed to resist :D :up:

I almost didn't get it as well lol but I couldn't resist! But now I won't have to get any of the re-releases of the Blu-rays with the digital copy attached to it now. So I'll save money that way since I own all the current Blu-ray Discs. However, if they fix The Fox And The Hound restoration, that I'd double dip on. :D :up:

_________________
Check Out My Disney Music Videos now in HQ! :mickeyface:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:17 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:20 pm
Posts: 4045
Location: Malta, Europe
I don't use this so I am not really affected, but I have to wonder why Make Mine Music and Melody Time are still unavailable on Disney Movies Anywhere. :?

If Disney won't release them on Blu-ray, can't they at least make them available in HD on their online platform, for those who are interested? Or maybe I need a lesson in Disney logic? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11942
Report: Major Studios to Join Disney’s Digital Movie Program
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... e-program/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:13 pm
Posts: 135
Location: Pennsylvania
Quick question- I recently purchased the dvd and digital copy of the little mermaid and noticed that the digital copy version is the one with the scene error in the part of your world segment. Does anyone know if this was ever corrected for the digital version? I spoke with someone at length over the phone from DMA and they assured me the version they were viewing on their end was correct and there is only one source file.

_________________
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:10 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 1780
On Disney Movies Anywhere, I still get the error but on Vudu, the error has been fixed. It's been a while since I've checked my iTunes copy but I think it was fixed on there as well. It's odd that they never updated the digital file for Disney Movies Anywhere though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:41 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11942
Because of this:
http://deadline.com/2017/10/four-major- ... 202186760/

I wonder if that's why I got this error in the DMA app:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 1780
Yeah the new site has been launched here.
https://moviesanywhere.com/welcome

If you sign up for an account you get five free movies which are Big Hero 6, Ice Age, The LEGO Movie, Jason Bourne, and Ghostbusters (2016).

I just checked and The Little Mermaid does not have the error on here so that's nice.

Also looks like most of the bonus features have been carried over for the Disney films. Cinderella (2015) for example has all the deleted scenes that were exclusive to digital. I think they may have added bonus features to other films as well because I'm seeing Hunchback (which I do not own digitally) has a lot of extras not on the blu-ray now but they keep them locked so I can't tell what they are from first glance. Treasure Planet has extras now which I think it didn't have before. However Lilo & Stitch has none. Snow White barely has any interestingly enough and I don't think Pinocchio as any right now but Bambi seems to have all of them.

It is nice though that now all the Star Wars films can all be grouped together with A New Hope there and that Spider-Man: Homecoming can be placed next to the other MCU films.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm
Posts: 612
Location: Orange County, California
Has anyone else lost Bedknobs and Broomsticks in their Apple account?

I know I had it previously but it seems to have disappeared from Apple though it shows up in my Movies Anywhere account along with the other providers (Amazon, Google, Vudu).

There may be some other things that are missing but I have almost 400 digital movies; inventorying them isn't practical and I don't typically notice something is missing until I go to look for it and its not there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:22 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 1780
I still have it showing up in my Apple account. I wonder if maybe the version you had was the extended edition which was pulled off some time back from iTunes which may be why it isn't showing up anymore for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:44 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11942
I've been having some issues w/ MoviesAnywhere.com. At first, after I found out how to link my DMA account, it took a while for my Disney movies to show under "My Movies." Now I'm trying to link my Amazon, Google Play, & iTunes accounts (I have no videos in any of those, but just in case), and my Google Play one linked fine, but Amazon just isn't for some reason (I keep logging in, but it's not Connecting), and even after opening iTunes like it prompted me to, I still can't have it connect. :(

I've never redeemed non-Disney digital codes, but I'm typing in some (Fox or Universal or Sony or Universal or WB, which I see are taking part in MA), but I keep getting the message for each one: "There was an error redeeming your code. Please try again later." What am I doing wrong? Do I need to go to FoxRedeem.com or UPHE.com, or any of those individual websites? Will they link to my MA account? Or will only new movies include the MA code?

*edit*- w/ my Home Alone code, I got the message: "Unexpected system error occurred."

Sigh. There is a chat/email function, so I'll have to contact them. I'm also getting this message: "We can't recognize this Digital Movie Code. Please check the information you entered and try again. For help or more information, review the Movies Anywhere FAQs at http://help.MoviesAnywhere.com"- maybe that's for movies they don't accept, but this is a Fox movie... :?

*edit* There are 24 people in the chat queue waiting for a rep...it's been a while and nothing has happened. I wonder if most people are having the same problems.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:49 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm
Posts: 612
Location: Orange County, California
JeanGreyForever wrote:
I still have it showing up in my Apple account. I wonder if maybe the version you had was the extended edition which was pulled off some time back from iTunes which may be why it isn't showing up anymore for you.


Possibly? It was the digital code that came with this version of the movie:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bedknobs- ... ray/26347/

If that's the version that was removed, anybody know why it was removed? It seems really weird. Is there a tremendous black market demand for this film? While not without its charm, I didn't think there were a lot of obsessed fans. Any why not just replace it with the non-extended version in iTunes?

blackcauldron85 wrote:
I've been having some issues w/ MoviesAnywhere.com. At first, after I found out how to link my DMA account, it took a while for my Disney movies to show under "My Movies." Now I'm trying to link my Amazon, Google Play, & iTunes accounts (I have no videos in any of those, but just in case), and my Google Play one linked fine, but Amazon just isn't for some reason (I keep logging in, but it's not Connecting), and even after opening iTunes like it prompted me to, I still can't have it connect. :(

I've never redeemed non-Disney digital codes, but I'm typing in some (Fox or Universal or Sony or Universal or WB, which I see are taking part in MA), but I keep getting the message for each one: "There was an error redeeming your code. Please try again later." What am I doing wrong? Do I need to go to FoxRedeem.com or UPHE.com, or any of those individual websites? Will they link to my MA account? Or will only new movies include the MA code?

*edit*- w/ my Home Alone code, I got the message: "Unexpected system error occurred."

Sigh. There is a chat/email function, so I'll have to contact them. I'm also getting this message: "We can't recognize this Digital Movie Code. Please check the information you entered and try again. For help or more information, review the Movies Anywhere FAQs at http://help.MoviesAnywhere.com"- maybe that's for movies they don't accept, but this is a Fox movie... :?

*edit* There are 24 people in the chat queue waiting for a rep...it's been a while and nothing has happened. I wonder if most people are having the same problems.


Might be easier if you try to redeem these in VUDU and then let them port over?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:52 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11942
I don't have a VUDU account...I just talked with rep Christina in chat...she's going to email me. She said that she needs screenshots of the error messages I'm getting, and 5-10 codes to start. (I gave her 5 codes in the chat, and she said that those look good from her end.) But if all else fails, I might need to look into VUDU. I don't even have that many non-Disney codes (I used to throw them away until a few months ago, and now I'm interested in backing up my films...).

Thanks, Ryan!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm
Posts: 612
Location: Orange County, California
blackcauldron85 wrote:
I don't have a VUDU account...I just talked with rep Christina in chat...she's going to email me. She said that she needs screenshots of the error messages I'm getting, and 5-10 codes to start. (I gave her 5 codes in the chat, and she said that those look good from her end.) But if all else fails, I might need to look into VUDU. I don't even have that many non-Disney codes (I used to throw them away until a few months ago, and now I'm interested in backing up my films...).

Thanks, Ryan!


You bet. As a platform, VUDU sucks. But the nice thing about VUDU is that if you have DVDs, you can convert them to digital copies for like $2 per film (and it used to be - I haven't done it in awhile - that if you converted more than 10, they only were $1 a piece). So when we moved from Ohio to California and seriously had to downsize our possessions it was a great way to keep those movies we might watch once a year (like Christmas movies) without keeping all of the shelf space they took up.

I really wish Disney would get on that train . . . years ago before Disney Movies Anywhere, there was another service called Disney Movies Online and they would give you a digital copy of a movie you owned for $5.99. I picked up a lot of my digital copies that way. Not as cheap as VUDU, but still much cheaper than buying a digital copy from any of the providers out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11942
As I open my D23 email newsletter & there's an article about the short "Trick or Treat"-- I just watched this short on Disney Movies Anywhere. Is Movies Anywhere going to have fun extras, like shorts or other videos, like DMA has?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:13 pm
Posts: 135
Location: Pennsylvania
Thanks everyone for the heads up! Just downloaded the new app and the Little Mermaid is finally corrected.

All but one of my movies transferred over from Vudu so hopefully within the next hour it will make its was over.

_________________
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:22 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 2412
blackcauldron85 wrote:
As I open my D23 email newsletter & there's an article about the short "Trick or Treat"-- I just watched this short on Disney Movies Anywhere.



Speaking of, they've been uploading a couple of classic (non-Have A Laugh!) shorts on Facebook from time to time since June. A sign?


Regarding Movies Anywhere, how great is it that a couple of the major studios (notably Disney, Fox, and Warner) have come together for this? ;)

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Is Movies Anywhere going to have fun extras, like shorts or other videos, like DMA has?


That would be great if they did. Can you imagine all the Disney, Looney Tunes, and Walter Lantz cartoons under one roof, which of course means for Disney and Universal, ALL the Oswald cartoons? ;)

Oh, and I just realized; the entire Muppet filmography!


Last edited by Mickeyfan1990 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 1780
RyGuy wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:
I still have it showing up in my Apple account. I wonder if maybe the version you had was the extended edition which was pulled off some time back from iTunes which may be why it isn't showing up anymore for you.


Possibly? It was the digital code that came with this version of the movie:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bedknobs- ... ray/26347/

Hmm, that's the code I used. I know some people had the film before the digital copy came out, and the film they had was the extended edition. When the blu-ray/dvd/digital copy combo pack came out, the digital copy was the theatrical release and replaced the extended edition. There was a hack on iTunes that if you redownloaded the film, then you could get the extended version again (although I think they removed that now), but I'm not sure if you did that. If so, then maybe Apple removed the extended edition completely which is why it's gone now.

blackcauldron85 wrote:
I've been having some issues w/ MoviesAnywhere.com. At first, after I found out how to link my DMA account, it took a while for my Disney movies to show under "My Movies." Now I'm trying to link my Amazon, Google Play, & iTunes accounts (I have no videos in any of those, but just in case), and my Google Play one linked fine, but Amazon just isn't for some reason (I keep logging in, but it's not Connecting), and even after opening iTunes like it prompted me to, I still can't have it connect. :(

I've never redeemed non-Disney digital codes, but I'm typing in some (Fox or Universal or Sony or Universal or WB, which I see are taking part in MA), but I keep getting the message for each one: "There was an error redeeming your code. Please try again later." What am I doing wrong? Do I need to go to FoxRedeem.com or UPHE.com, or any of those individual websites? Will they link to my MA account? Or will only new movies include the MA code?

I haven't been able to link to Amazon either but the rest of my accounts worked fine (iTunes took a while though).

RyGuy wrote:

I really wish Disney would get on that train . . . years ago before Disney Movies Anywhere, there was another service called Disney Movies Online and they would give you a digital copy of a movie you owned for $5.99. I picked up a lot of my digital copies that way. Not as cheap as VUDU, but still much cheaper than buying a digital copy from any of the providers out there.

I really wish they still had that. Although, like you said, it's still pricey, but it's better than nothing because I've got quite a few Disney films I wish I could have on digital like Treasure Planet, Dumbo, Lilo & Stitch, etc. Even some of the older live-action films like Tuck Everlasting.

It might be better to redeem each of those codes through their individual distributors. That might be a little irritating depending on how many codes you have to redeem, since they make you create accounts for each studio. Vudu would be a better option because you should be able to redeem them all through there, if I'm correct. Then with your accounts linked to Movies Anywhere, they should show up there. Since the site was just launched, it's probably got a lot of bugs right now.

DisneyVillains wrote:
Thanks everyone for the heads up! Just downloaded the new app and the Little Mermaid is finally corrected.

All but one of my movies transferred over from Vudu so hopefully within the next hour it will make its was over.

Assuming the one movie you have left isn't Disney, it might be from one of the studios that didn't join Movies Anywhere yet. I noticed I was missing the Hunger Games and Twilight films before releasing that Lionsgate is the distributor for them and they haven't joined yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:33 pm
Posts: 1724
Location: New Jersey, USA
Anyone else missing the bonus features for The Lion King Signature Edition? I have none in my Movies Anywhere. I don’t see the Target Exclusive Bonus feature as well for the new pirates movie as well. Also I don’t see all the bonus features for Mulan as well. I hope they fix these problem soon. :(

_________________
Check Out My Disney Music Videos now in HQ! :mickeyface:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 1780
Matt wrote:
Anyone else missing the bonus features for The Lion King Signature Edition? I have none in my Movies Anywhere. I don’t see the Target Exclusive Bonus feature as well for the new pirates movie as well. Also I don’t see all the bonus features for Mulan as well. I hope they fix these problem soon. :(

I don't have them either. I don't own the digital of Pinocchio but that doesn't have any features as well. Bambi has all of its features though it seems while Snow White seems to be missing quite a few. I think Beauty and the Beast is also complete like Bambi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:09 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:02 pm
Posts: 12456
Location: Somewhere in Time and Space
The new MoviesAnywhere is a complete mess, but at least it synced up my DMA with Vudu and Google Play, so now all my Disney movies are shared across all the digital platforms (before, it was just DMA and Google Play). They're likely still migrating over material which explains missing bonus features on many a Disney title. Lots of the DMA-exclusive featurettes are nowhere to be seen on MoviesAnywhere, and even new releases are missing material that's always been available on DMA.

Of course, none of this will ever replace the actual ownership of discs, so I'm mainly using the digital platforms as back-up and convenience rather than my go-to for watching movies. Plus, I can organize my movies on an actual shelf how I want to compared to the limited options on any of these platforms (release date, alphabetical, etc.).

Albert

_________________
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DisneyEra and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group