Olaf's Frozen Adventure

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Olaf's Frozen Adventure (2017)

Post by unprincess »

the short looks nice and I am looking forward to it, but Im worried that they may be redirecting this franchise for toddler/really young children and their mommies b/c of how well the merch sold to that specific crowd. Makes me worry that they will dumb down the sequel as well and it we'll be missing more mature themes and darker aspects of the first film.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm browsing the stuffed animals on disneystore.com shopdisney.com for my friend's kid's birthday, and I found:

Kristoff's new outfit!
Kristoff Plush Doll - Olaf's Frozen Adventure - Medium - 19''
https://www.shopdisney.com/kristoff-plu ... 19-1443013

a new kitten character:
Kitten Plush - Olaf's Frozen Adventure - Small - 9''
https://www.shopdisney.com/kitten-plush ... -9-1443077

*edit* another new character:
Sir Jorgenbjorgen Plush - Olaf's Frozen Adventure - Small - 7 1/4''
https://www.shopdisney.com/sir-jorgenbj ... 14-1442867

and Anna's new outfit:
Anna Plush Doll - Olaf's Frozen Adventure - Medium - 18 1/2''
https://www.shopdisney.com/anna-plush-d ... 12-1443011
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The soundtrack tracklist has been revealed:
1. Ring in the Season – Kristen Bell & Idina Menzel & Josh Gad (1:58)
2. The Ballad of Flemmingrad – Jonathan Groff (0:44)
3. Ring in the Season (Reprise) – Idina Menzel (1:16)
4. That Time of Year – Josh Gad & Idina Menzel & Kristen Bell (3:03)
5. That Time of Year (Reprise) – Josh Gad (0:52)
6. When We’re Together – Kristen Bell & Idina Menzel & Josh Gad & Jonathan Groff (2:50)
7. Olaf’s Frozen Adventure Score Suite – Christophe Beck & Jeff Morrow (4:27)
8. The Ballad of Flemmingrad (Traditional Version) – Jonathan Groff (3:06)
9. Ring in the Season (Instrumental Karaoke Mix) – Elyssa Samsel & Kate Anderson (1:58)
10. That Time of Year (Instrumental Karaoke Mix) – Elyssa Samsel & Kate Anderson (3:02)
11. When We’re Together (Instrumental Karaoke Mix) – Elyssa Samsel & Kate Anderson (2:49)
Source: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/09/28 ... k-details/
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://thedisneyblog.com/2017/10/20/dis ... ay-lineup/
A new friend joins the cast of ‘For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration’ – Holiday fun continues at the Hyperion Theater as Anna, Elsa and Kristoff welcome Olaf to this popular sing-along celebration. Just for the holidays the show will include all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

'Frozen' snowman Olaf tapped to debut as a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/mov ... 793365001/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Videos from a panel moderated by Jerry Beck
So, a Frozen-themed Christmas special focused on Olaf was all Lasseter's idea. He simply assigned Kevin and Stevie to direct it. But I thought the projects at Disney were director-driven! :lol: Isn't that what they always tell us? That it's the filmmakers who come up with ideas they really want to tell and then pitch them to Lasseter?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:So, a Frozen-themed Christmas special focused on Olaf was all Lasseter's idea. He simply assigned Kevin and Stevie to direct it.
That's what I thought they said in the video, but I wasn't sure I understood it correctly because of the bad audio quality. Wasn't Winnie the Pooh also an assignment by the studio, or do I remember it wrong?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Wasn't Winnie the Pooh also an assignment by the studio, or do I remember it wrong?
Yes, it was and many 2D animators protested that decision. The difference though is that Winnie the Pooh was imposed by the company and Disney Consumer Products whereas Olaf's Frozen Adventure seems to be one of Lasseter's pet projects.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

You mean Lasseter and Disney are bald-faced liars? I’m truly shocked.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Yes, it was and many 2D animators protested that decision. The difference though is that Winnie the Pooh was imposed by the company and Disney Consumer Products whereas Olaf's Frozen Adventure seems to be one of Lasseter's pet projects.
OK. Yes, we know the studio is not as director-driven as they say. If it was, I bet they wouldn’t be making any sequels. I understand filmmaking is also a business and they have to obtain profits, but who knows if the studio would be even more successful if it was actually driven by the filmmakers. At least in the long run.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Just listened to a couple of the songs... Trying really hard to avoid spoilers haha..

But I gotta say.... "Ring in the Season" is soooooooo good! I can't believe that those song writers are not yet involved with Frozen 2 or any other Disney property. I mean, wow.. That ending...

"When we're together" is great also, but I already knew that I was going to like that song.. I just didn't expect to like "Ring in the Season".. and this is coming from a guy who never listens to Christmas songs and doesn't even celebrate the holiday.

I'm super excited for this short now, especially after the train wreck that was the Pre-Broadway run of Frozen.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

D82 wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Yes, it was and many 2D animators protested that decision. The difference though is that Winnie the Pooh was imposed by the company and Disney Consumer Products whereas Olaf's Frozen Adventure seems to be one of Lasseter's pet projects.
OK. Yes, we know the studio is not as director-driven as they say. If it was, I bet they wouldn’t be making any sequels. I understand filmmaking is also a business and they have to obtain profits, but who knows if the studio would be even more successful if it was actually driven by the filmmakers. At least in the long run.
To be fair, I doubt Disney would really care about a Wreck-It-Ralph sequel to force one. I see they meddling with the sequel once that is already in production, but not forcing one.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

You can already listen to the soundtrack on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/3b3AsnYeNitsCctPjm7uGV

rodrigo_ca wrote:To be fair, I doubt Disney would really care about a Wreck-It-Ralph sequel to force one. I see they meddling with the sequel once that is already in production, but not forcing one.
I don't know if that particular sequel was imposed by the studio or not, but most likely Frozen 2 was, judging by the great financial success of Frozen and how soon after the first they announced it. Anyway, except Winnie the Pooh, every WDAS film after Tangled has been quite successful, so I imagine the studio probably asks, or at least encourages, their employees to come up with ideas for continuations for all of these films. I don't discard though that in some cases it could be the director the one who would want to do a sequel of a movie. However, I guess they usually prefer to tackle original projects. After all, they spend years making these films, and is usually more exciting to work with new characters and stories and creating new worlds, than working with the same they have already done for another 3-5 years. Not to mention that is normally more difficult to create a new story that works in the same world as the first than creating one from scratch, and that they have also the pressure to live up to the first film.
Last edited by D82 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^Thanks for the Spotify link! My favorite song is When We're Together. It's quite catchy. Ring in the Season and The Ballad of Flemmingrad are just OK. The worst one is That Time of Year. I can't stand it. It's so loud and obnoxious.

Here's how I would rank the tracks from most to least favorite.

1. When We're Together
2. Ring in the Season (Reprise)
3. Ring in the Season
4. The Ballad of Flemmingrad (Traditional)
5. The Ballad of Flemmingrad
6. That Time of Year (Reprise)
7. That Time of Year

Note: I noticed they changed When We're Together compared to the trailer. Towards the end of the song, where it says "it's my favorite time of year", that part was originally sung by Elsa in the trailer but on the soundtrack (and presumably in the final film) it's sung by Olaf. A horrible change, in my opinion. It completely ruins the end of the song.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

To be honest, I liked all of them, even the intentionally goofy That Time of Year, who I guess must be off-putting due to it's comedic approach and Josh Gad's saccharine voice. However, I certainly appreciated that The Ballad of Flemmingrad somewhat had a semi-folk approach to it. Though perhaps not specifically Scandinavian, it had at least a moody, mystical and authentic vibe to (since I've ranted several times over the lack of real authentic Scandinavian music in Frozen). And the score didn't have the same cues or themes from it's predecessor.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Just listened to the whole soundtrack and holy soprano! So nice to hear Kristen, Idina, and Jonathan reach high notes.

Josh Gad’s song is just as fun as it was at the D23 expo, but the second half is a little different though. When We're Together is so beautiful. Unfortunately, Ring in the Season and Jonathan's "solo" (Why do they keep on giving him short songs?) are mostly forgettable. Also, some of the orchestrations are weird, like the electric guitar in Jonathan's song and the piano in Idina's song.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Meet the Songwriters of “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure”
https://style.disney.com/entertainment/ ... adventure/