The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
imthewalrus79

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by imthewalrus79 »

Tristy wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:I think the track I've been playing most often is "Phony King of England." Who knew a Disney song could be relevant in modern day U.S. A pox on the phony 'king,' indeed. :wink:
Oh yes! Especially these lyrics:

"He stands alone on a giant throne pretending he's the king,
A little tyke who's rather like a puppet on a string.
And he throws an angry tantrum if he cannot have his way,
And he calls for Mom while he's suckin' his thumb."

Sounds pretty accurate. :lol:
rotfl Hadn't really thought about the lyrics that way; but you're definitely right about them.

This is one of my favorite Legacy Collection releases. I've always liked Robin Hood's soundtrack. So, to finally have it officially released is a treat to begin with. But then to add a beautiful restoration to that soundtrack makes it even better.

Then there are some really nice treasures they found for the bonus tracks. The alternate versions of Whistle Stop and Oo-De-Lally are really good. And is it just me, or does it sound like the country version of Phoney King of England could have been recorded at the same time as the Country Bear Jamboree soundtrack? I think so. In fact, as I was listening to it, I could picture a Little John animatronic doing the song as part of the show. And the Louis Prima tracks, especially the first two, sound like they used the same orchestra that they used for the "America Sings" attraction. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. It's just an observation.

And had Robin Hood had closing credits like current Disney films, I could have seen them using Pete Renoudet's version of "Love" as the pop version of the film song (like they did for a lot of the 90's Disney films) and releasing it as a single to promote the film. It's a shame it wasn't. I think it would've been a good little hit for them.

The bottom line is that I think this is a really great release. I'm glad it got released and that they're continuing to release titles in the Legacy Collection. In fact, I liked it so much that I went to Disney Music Emporium's Facebook page to let them know how much I enjoyed it and that I hope they consider releasing even more titles.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Any recent news on the upcoming releases? I've read on the twitter announcement that Hunchback was the most requested.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Any recent news on the upcoming releases? I've read on the twitter announcement that Hunchback was the most requested.
I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully this means it will be released soon. Surprised they haven't done one for Beauty and the Beast yet and I hope they'll do one for Aladdin soon as well.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully this means it will be released soon. Surprised they haven't done one for Beauty and the Beast yet and I hope they'll do one for Aladdin soon as well.
We could always hope, my friend.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

When is Beauty and the Beast coming out?
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
DisneyFan09 wrote:Any recent news on the upcoming releases? I've read on the twitter announcement that Hunchback was the most requested.
I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully this means it will be released soon. Surprised they haven't done one for Beauty and the Beast yet and I hope they'll do one for Aladdin soon as well.
Aladdin is the one I'm hoping for the most.

And Mulan. Aanndddd Hercules.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

No word on Beauty and the Beast yet?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I actually went looking for news just two days ago. :lol: Nothing on the Emporium website. Also saw some doctored image for the cover art. I almost believed it, too.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I really want a soundtrack or six for the package films. If they wanted to put them in a "Best of" single release, while I'd be sad, I'd still take it. To my knowledge, those six films are the only DAC's without a soundtrack publicly released.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

So, any news if they're going to continue this line?
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Khonnor wrote:So, any news if they're going to continue this line?
We had absolutely no news after the release of The Aristocats and before the announcement of Robin Hood. They just kept it very vague.
My guess it that the collection kinda underperformed and they don't get as much budget anymore, but someone at Walt Disney Records still thinks the collection is worth of and they just kinda have to collect the budget of a few months to be able to produce the next volume. We just don't know when.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

According to amazon, Beauty and the Beast is going to be the next album available on February 2, 2018.

https://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Beast-Leg ... rds=disney
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

bruno_wbt wrote:

According to amazon, Beauty and the Beast is going to be the next album available on February 2, 2018.

It's about time. I hope they follow with Snow White, Aladdin, Hunchback, and Tarzan at some point.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Awesome!
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

bruno_wbt wrote:

This is the best news I've heard in a long time :D
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I've updated my tweet accordingly. :D

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That is very exciting news. :)
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

bruno_wbt wrote:

I think you gave me the best Christmas news this year! Thanks
JeanGreyForever wrote: It's about time. I hope they follow with Snow White, Aladdin, Hunchback, and Tarzan at some point.
As awesome as the earlier movies are, I find myself longing for the 90s movies more, because their soundtracks releases have been constantly awful. For years their albums had like 3 pieces from the score. For Snow White and other earlier movies, I don't think there are a lot of new material to be found (unless they include The Lost Chords)
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I do hope they include Snow White, too. I have the complete isolated score, but it's sourced from the laserdisc, and the sound quality is not that great, plus it has sound effects.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I'll keep buying whatever they put out. It's such a great series that I want to see continue until everything is released this way. I'd love to get a Disney World set like the Disneyland set but with more discontinued stuff; especially from Epcot. A ride through of Horizons and Cronkite's Spaceship Earth world be great.