My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Saga is Over, but a new door has opened.

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, sorry about your back. I hope the epidural takes care of it. And good for you not letting it stop you from being in the play!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well, didn't get an epidural, well sorta didn't. Instead I got an SI injection, which stands for Stands for, oh heck I'm just gonna share what I found on Google to explain it

A sacroiliac joint injection is an injection of local anesthetic and a steroid medication into the sacroiliac joint.

Which, was kinda on the upper part of my but, it's what's called and SI joint, which is one of the discs that is herniated. However, the pain is coming back. Read up that the kind of steroids that I was given in this injection should just now be starting up. Do have an appointment on the 28th to see the pain doctor to try to figure out where to go from here with this pain.

Also, this week feels a bit for me, as it's tough, it's coming up on the one year anniversary of my Twinkle cat passing away which still hurts. Idk how to explain it, how I still miss him, even to this day. I think there's some animals or pets in our lives that become more than just companions, but life long friends, even beyond death.

Alright, let me finish this post out with some positive news. Today I did auditions for a play called Ax of Murder by Pat Cook. I decided today that even though I hurt, I was going to tell my brain that I was not hurting in order to audition, that I had no pain or injury whatsoever and that helped greatly. I think the audition worked well. Looking forward to doing this.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I really hope your pain goes away somehow soon. I hope the next doctor visit makes that come much closer.

Sorry about your sadness over your cat. Well, he's in a better place.

Good job helping yourself do a good audition despite the pain!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well found out what my role in the play will be. Didn't get the role that was my number one choice, but was my number 2 choice.

I, by the way my real name is Michael

I will be none other than Mike, a Sargent Police Officer

Guess I won't forget what the name of my character is. So looking forward to this. Have had people who say that doing this isn't wise because I won't be able to handle this and my college courses, only for those people to say congrats and that I'll have a blast. Isn't that interesting?

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh that's really great! And haha those people changed their minds! I sure do hope you can pull off good grades and the play, but I think you really can.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Just and Update.

Things are going well. I have to have all my lines for the play done by Sunday, whcih I know I'll have done. Sadly, I am still having back issues, but got an epidural so hopefully that will nip it in the bud. Now go figure I have a tooth that may be going rotten and hurts. Have numbing meds the dentist prescribed for me, so that helps some.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea I'm sure you'll get all your lines down in time. Sorry about your back and tooth. But I am glad everything's still mostly going well!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Aww, one medical thing and then another, Michael. :( But I'm glad you have the play -- that's super exciting and such a wonderful thing to be able to do!!!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

A Series of Unfortunate Event.

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well, I'm bummed. We had 5 roles in our play that had to be filled in 2 weeks, and the president of theater club quit, so we abandoned the play I'm in for another one that someone within theater club was doing at a local community theater. Unfortunately, casting happened quickly, and I was not able to audition, and am not in the play. I was bummed, yesterday was in the mad stage of grief, now I'm in the depressed state. That being said, I was offered to be on the crew, and almost walked away, said fate just doesn't want me to do this, but I decided to do it. I have a passion for theater, and decided it wouldn't look good if I walked away if I wanted to be in another play with theater club in the future, so I am now part of the crew. I'm fine with it, and know that I'll get my chance again to be in the spotlight on stage, The past 2 plays I was cast as a main character (Hades and Sargent Mike respectively) So, I'll make it through this. :)

blackcauldron85

That's such a bummer. :( I can only imagine the disappointment you must be feeling. But, I am super proud of you for joining the crew-- it shows what a good person you are! And, having crew experience can only help your future theatrical endeavors!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Aw, so sorry to hear that Michael! :( It really must be a super bummer. But it is good you joined the crew so they know how reliable you are in the future. I think your day will come to be in the spotlight, too!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Alright, the new play we are doing, is 30 minutes long, so for the student event, a crew will not be required. However, we are having additional play that someone is writing and should be done by Friday. It's some sort of fairy tale thing, and not many male characters are in it, but one is Rumplestilzken. I mentioned how much I loved watching Once Upon A Time, and well, I have landed that role. I don't have lines to practice because the script isn't finished, but I'm excited and happy to be playing this, so dearies, I'm gonna have fun being this character.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh my gosh that is so fantastic! You're playing him! Wow! And of course you'll get the lines soon!
blackcauldron85

Yay!!! I'm so glad for you!!!!!!!!! :banana:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:Oh my gosh that is so fantastic! You're playing him! Wow! And of course you'll get the lines soon!
Well, turns out I haven't been officially cast as Rumple quite yet. I know I am in the running for the part, but not entirely sure yet or not. I'm sure I'll find out sometime next week. However the person writing the script told me she thought I would be perfect for Rumple in her play. So, we'll see.

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

It's Official. I'VE BEEN CAST AS RUMPLE!!!!! :)

Now, another wall. Apparently the predecessors who use to run theater club forgot to reserve the one place a theater club has to have in order to do a play - The school theater.

So, we are now going to do it at a local art fair which wants us there, but won't be til Saturday June 10th. It seems the theater club is getting a reboot and is gonna function a heck of a lot better than it did this semester.

blackcauldron85

^Woohoo!!! Way to go, Michael! (And I think the fair will maybe attract a bigger audience than if it were in the auditorium?)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Whoooo yay!!! Fantastic!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The Saga is Over, but now, my mom.

Post by disneyboy20022 »

The one thing I fear in life is losing my mom and seeing her deteriorate mentally. Well, apparently the mentally deteriorate is happening, and she's lost a huge amount of weight without trying. Now, there may be a cause to this effect, but I don't want to get into the details of what the cause is, or any details, because this is a very very delicate issue, one I don't feel comfortable posting online. I trust you all, it's just this topic is controversial. She's been going downhill for about 3 years with what she's dealing with, but may have found the cause. Doctors have been talking together, seems to be finally going in the right direction. Again, we are finally on the right path, but that's all I can say. Just keep my mom in your thoughts of prayers.

blackcauldron85

Re: The Saga is Over, but now, my mom.

Hey Michael-- my thoughts will definitely be with your mom. *hug* I'm glad that she's working with doctors to try and get her healthier.