The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
taei
Special Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by taei »

unprincess wrote:they should at least release cds for the most important classic films:

Snow White
Bambi
Dumbo
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Jungle Book
Beauty & the Beast
Mulan

the line feels so incomplete without them.
Honestly, If I were Disney, I would say no to the following on your list:
Bambi
Dumbo
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan

Mainly because I feel like those movies are heavy on nostalgia rather than songs/music. Plus, while they might be a bit popular with disney fans, they're not gonna drive people to buy them.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I think Bambi has the best music in any Disney movie ever.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

What I really want them to put out is a soundtrack from Disney's Zorro. I just love the music from that show. I don't expect it to ever happen, but I'd buy that in a heart beat if they put it out.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

While this may sound too diplomatic, I think every Disney soundtrack should've had their full release on this brand. But personally I'm hoping for The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast (which has it's 25th Anniversary this year, so a release should've be relevant), Aladdin, Hunchback, Tarzan and even likes as Lilo & Stitch and Brother Bear. And last, but not least The Fox and the Hound which never even had a soundtrack release!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Personally, I'd be so happy if they release Snow White (I'd love to hear the whole score, with no sound effects, like the one on the Laserdisc. By the way, if anyone wants it, let me know, I'll be happy to share it!) and Beauty and the Beast (again, if anyone wants the whole score, let me know, and I will happily share it).
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I would like to have the whole score (*jumping in a volunteering "pick me, pick me"-way :P)
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Anyone who wants both scores, PM me. I will send them next week, because I have to get my laptop fixed first. :)
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

DisneyFan09 wrote:And last, but not least The Fox and the Hound which never even had a soundtrack release!
I can get behind that. I favor soundtracks that have never been released finally being released!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:Anyone who wants both scores, PM me. I will send them next week, because I have to get my laptop fixed first. :)
Unfortunately I can't PM people for some reason. I've tried to approach the Admin about this, but they haven't replied me yet.
Last edited by DisneyFan09 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Everyone who PMed me their email address, check your inbox. I have sent the Snow White and Beauty and the Beast scores via WeTransfer. You will receive a link on your email, where you can download the files. :) Enjoy!
DisneyVillains
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyVillains »

Sicoe Vlad, thank you very much for sending those scores!! I really appreciate it! Beauty and the Beast has been on the top of my list for the Legacy Collection and I pretty much just received it.
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

The soundtracks that would really benefit most from being included in a line such as the legacy collection would be the soundtracks from the more modern/longer movies, those where much of the score have never been released. Like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Hunchback, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan. So much unreleased score music. I also suspect there must be many unreleased demoes and cut songs to include on such releases.

Ideally Disney would release most of it's classic soundtracks under this banner, it would have been fun to see the various artwork. Robin Hood, Winnie the Pooh and all those unreleased soundtracks would fit this line.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
DisneyVillains
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyVillains »

Does anyone happen to have the complete soundtrack/score to The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Mulan? Since Disney doesn't seem to be continuing the Legacy Collection I have been looking to obtain these. Thanks!
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

DisneyVillains wrote:Does anyone happen to have the complete soundtrack/score to The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Mulan? Since Disney doesn't seem to be continuing the Legacy Collection I have been looking to obtain these. Thanks!
I have the Mulan complete score, and I'm working on The Hunchback score. PM me your address
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

So, everyone who PMed me these past days, check your email address. I have sent you the files you requested via WeTransfer.
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:So, everyone who PMed me these past days, check your email address. I have sent you the files you requested via WeTransfer.
Trying to PM you but I keep getting the following error :( I don't think it's going through!
Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/jultimat/public_html/dvdizzy/forum/cache/queue.php on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/jultimat/public_html/dvdizzy/forum/cache/queue.php on line 3
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Robin Hood is coming in July!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Sotiris wrote:Robin Hood is coming in July!

That's so cool! :shock:

Does that mean that they're going to continue with this collection?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

This is great news! I thought they wouldn't release more titles in this collection. And if I'm not mistaken, the soundtrack of Robin Hood has never been released in CD before.
bruno_wbt wrote:Does that mean that they're going to continue with this collection?
I think so, but we'll see.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Wow, I thought this collection was dead and buried.

Between this and Galavant finally getting a complete soundtrack, I’m ecstatic! :D The cover is so cute.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"