Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Widdi »

Avaitor wrote:Orders are now available for the Disney Treasures box.

I really like the Dorb ride for the Wicked Wench, so I'm feeling confident in ordering the 12 month package. It's also worth noting that this box won't come with a shirt, but future boxes might.
I ordered the year subscription too.

Some guesses at themes:

April: Pirates. In honor of the new PotC movie likely. I expect there is a Jack Sparrow item in the box somewhere. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see a second Pop. The box looks huge, and while Dorbz ridez do come in fairly big boxes a second pop could be in there too. I'm thinking a cursed "zombie" Jack Sparrow to go along with the cursed Barbossa we got lost year at SDCC.

June: Cars. Cars 3 Pop of some sort, along with some other "car" themed stuff. A Mr. Toad Pop would be amazing for us older collectors who don't care about the cars franchise and it would tie into the parks.

August: Lion King/Disney's Animal Kingdom. To coincide with the new Lion King Blu-Ray. I'd love to see a Mufasa Pop (with a mini Zazu). Dream would be a Hyena 3-Pack, but that won't happen. A Lion King theme works well tp bring in some Animal Kingdom parks stuff.

October: The Haunted Mansion. The Haunted Mansion pops from a couple years ago were huge hits. I'm thinking we get the 4 ghosts as Dorbz and new character as a pop. Could be some Coco stuff here too, but I doubt they would do a whole box on Coco.

December: Mickey's Christmas Carol. A Mickey and Scrooge 2-Pack would be amazing. Not sure what Park stuff would work here, but the parks must do something for Christmas that this box could use.

February: Mickey and Minnie. Valentine's Day means a two pack of Disney's most famous couple.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

New Ursula and Cruella 2-Pack coming to Hot Topic next month.

Not crazy about the Ursula. It looks like a bad custom. The Cruella however is fantastic, but it really should be in a Cruella Pop Ride with her iconic car.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

So disappointed. Why is the trident bending? :roll: And I can't even buy it without having to pay another $10 for the other one I don't want. FU, Disney.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Classic Queen of Hearts Pop coming to Hot Topic in April!

Looks like someone from Hot Topic was doing a Periscope presentation. I didn't see it, but apparently more info on a new villains set is coming next week. Apparently there was a brief flash of the back of the Queen of Heart's box and people are claiming to have seen a Lady Tremaine pop on it.

I'm going to need a bigger shelf...
Disney's Divinity

:!: I suspected a villain line. I’m glad I’ll finally have the Queen to go with Alice, and really, really hope Lady Tremaine is happening. My favorite villain after Ursula.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So, Queen of Hearts (and was it Lady Tremaine as well?) will be sold exclusively at Hot Topic or can you buy her from amazon as well.

I´ll be getting Gaston soon. And keeping track of the villaons as they´re released I´ll only be missing Captain Hook but I´m sure that, when the live action Peter Pan gets made, he´ll be back for sale.
Disney's Divinity

DC Fan wrote:So, Queen of Hearts (and was it Lady Tremaine as well?) will be sold exclusively at Hot Topic or can you buy her from amazon as well.
The way it sounds, it'll be another 2-pack Hot Topic exclusive like with the Ursula-Cruella pack.
Disney's Divinity

Pictures of the 4th villain pop (which is Maleficent surrounded by green flames) here. Scroll down the page.

She does look nice; I might end up getting it. Won’t lie though, I wish we’d got Lady Tremaine, Mother Gothel, Madame Mim, etc. to go with the Queen of Hearts instead of these three.

The in-person pictures of Ursula make me a little happier, but the little, wrong details are bothersome. Like the fact that she has her necklace even though it’s shattered by the time she’s crowned in the film, or that they got her back wrong (the connection between black “dress” lower body and her upper body is v-shaped). And I still wish they'd done more differently from the original--like with her hair, tentacles, facial expression--instead of just slapping the crown/trident on and calling it a day. What. A. Waste. Being a huge TLM/Ursula fan is the reason I’m buying it; that, and I have all the other TLM pops/variants.

I still have no clue why they packaged her with Cruella. It would've made more sense for this to be a Queen Ursula and Vanessa 2-pack. Or a Queen Ursula and another Ursula holding the Scroll with Ariel's signature.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Boo to the Maleficent pop. Glad she finally has her collar, but other than that I don't like it at all. Sold my old Cruella online last week so I'll be getting the 2-Pack for sure even though I don't like the Ursula. Hopefully these sell well and lead to more villains.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I really like that Maleficent! I think that I'll get it.

It's funny, the original Maleficent was my first Pop, but I had to retire it since my dog got to her. So now I can finally bring the mistress of all evil back to my collection.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

New Flying Peter Pan Pop coming to Hot Topic

Peter Pan isn't a character I have a particularly strong attachment to, but that Pop is going to be really hard to say no to. I absolutely love the "action pose" Pops Funko has been doing lately. Glad to see them coming to the Disney line as well.

With Smee and Peter both coming soon I think a new Captain Hook and Tinkerbell can't be too far behind. Maybe even the Darling Kids and Tic-toc too.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

OMG that Maleficent with the green flames isn't just her with green flames it's the form she takes whenever she disappears, where her body starts to turn into a "V" shape! Like here:

https://disneyscreencaps.com/sleeping-beauty-1959/5
Disney's Divinity

I thought that was obvious, considering she's not holding her staff.
Widdi wrote:New Flying Peter Pan Pop coming to Hot Topic

Peter Pan isn't a character I have a particularly strong attachment to, but that Pop is going to be really hard to say no to. I absolutely love the "action pose" Pops Funko has been doing lately. Glad to see them coming to the Disney line as well.

With Smee and Peter both coming soon I think a new Captain Hook and Tinkerbell can't be too far behind. Maybe even the Darling Kids and Tic-toc too.
He does look nice, but I have the first one (and I’m not too huge of a PP fan anyway). I would rather they made a version of him from the end of the film when he’s wearing Hook’s hat. Tic-toc would be really cute. I've always had a particular fondness for Nana. Besides those two, Wendy would be the only character left I'd want from PP.
Disney's Divinity

http://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-e ... 03320.html

$50-$75 just for Mr. Smee. Disney is ****ing crazy.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:http://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-e ... 03320.html

$50-$75 just for Mr. Smee. Disney is ****ing crazy.
When I clicked on that link, I got the "PAGE NOT FOUND

OOPS!
We couldn't find the page you were looking for. Either it doesn't exist or the URL was typed incorrectly.
Try refining your search, double checking the URL, or exploring Hottopic.com below."

message...
Disney's Divinity

blackcauldron85 wrote:When I clicked on that link, I got the "PAGE NOT FOUND

OOPS!
We couldn't find the page you were looking for. Either it doesn't exist or the URL was typed incorrectly.
Try refining your search, double checking the URL, or exploring Hottopic.com below."

message...
Hmmm. It worked for me earlier. They might've deleted the page earlier, but it was for the Mr. Smee Pop.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/statu ... 6731076610

It looks like that Hot Topic listing was a mistake. Apparently they had it so you could order Funko's Disney Treasures boxes from them for cheaper than how Funko would sell them (the page Divinity had seemed like they had 3 of the boxes bundled together, not just the Smee Pop by himself), but they were not authorized to. That's... weird.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I also wish it was Lady Tremaine instead of Maleficent since I already got her.

At least I´m fine that they do something different with these re-releases of these Funko. This wat people that wanted them can have them and the ones of us that got the originals can feel proud of having them; by this I mean that each one get the characters but that doesn´t diminish the unavailables.

That Smee keeps me hope that, when Disney makes the live action Peter Pan, we´ll get Capatain Hook again; the same way Gaston has been released because of Beauty and the Beast. AND I REALLY NEED HIM! He´s the last of villains I´m missing!

BTW, can someone please post when the figures are available? I want to get Queenie as soon as possible.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

DC Fan wrote:I also wish it was Lady Tremaine instead of Maleficent since I already got her.

At least I´m fine that they do something different with these re-releases of these Funko. This wat people that wanted them can have them and the ones of us that got the originals can feel proud of having them; by this I mean that each one get the characters but that doesn´t diminish the unavailables.

That Smee keeps me hope that, when Disney makes the live action Peter Pan, we´ll get Capatain Hook again; the same way Gaston has been released because of Beauty and the Beast. AND I REALLY NEED HIM! He´s the last of villains I´m missing!

BTW, can someone please post when the figures are available? I want to get Queenie as soon as possible.
The Ursula/Cruella 2-Pack will be released on April 20th for Hot Topic's next "Hot Cash" event. I expect Maleficent, Queen of Hearts and Peter Pan will all show up around the same time. Most Pops don't have an actual hard release date. Certain lines like Wonder Woman, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-man: Homecoming etc. usually come with a "Do Not Open Until" sticker on the box, but generally they just show up when they show up unfortunately.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

The second theme for the Disney Treasures Box has been revealed to be Festival of Friends.

The Pop was also revealed and it is a real doozy: Spoiler Alert!

So happy I signed up for a year's subscription.