The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MerPrincessJamie
Limited Issue

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by MerPrincessJamie »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:I received my copy of the new Beauty and the Beast Blu-ray, and I love the new features. The Recording Session featurette was the best IMO. I think I watched it at least 10 times. :lol: The one with Paige O'Hara was awesome, and the sneak peek at the 2017 remake, although short, was very nice.
I cried so much when she mentioned mentioned their kids. So so much!

For all the reasons!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

New details on Pinocchio!
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20274

"This weekend at D23's Destination D:Amazing Adventures event at Walt Disney World Resort, Tyler Slater and Nicole Nalty announced the addition of Disney's animated classic Pinocchio to the celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection and gave members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club the first look at the film's all-new trailer. The new release of Pinocchiowill be available on Blu-ray on January 31, 2017, and includes hours of new and classic bonus features.

Pinocchio tells the tale of wood-carver Geppetto's beloved puppet who embarks on a thrilling quest – with faithful friend Jiminy Cricket – that tests his bravery, loyalty and honesty, all virtues he must learn to fulfill his heart's desire: to become a real boy.

Pinocchio is considered one of the greatest animated films ever made, with two Academy Awards -- for best original score and best original song "When You Wish Upon a Star" – and a rare 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Now, it will delight a whole new generation of dreamers with its masterful animation, unforgettable characters and award-winning music. The Walt Disney Signature Collection release includes hours of classic bonus material and exclusive features including a reinvented rendition of "When You Wish Upon a Star" created and performed by music influencers from Disney's Maker Studios; never-before-seen artwork from the film's Pleasure Island sequence; archival recordings of Walt himself during "Pinocchio" production; and a recently restored and scored 1927 short featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

D23 is the official Disney fan club named in honor of the year 1923, when Walt left Kansas City, headed for Hollywood and founded what would become the Disney Studios. D23 celebrates Disney's stories, characters, songs, and experiences that have captured imaginations the world over, offering members behind-the-scenes exclusives, member events, discounts and special offers.

Pinocchio is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. Extras include:
•Walt's Story Meetings: Pleasure Island – The Pleasure Island scene in "Pinocchio" had much more development than what is seen in the film. Join Pixar's Pete Docter and Disney historian and author J.B. Kaufman as they explore artwork recently discovered in Disney's animation research library revealing some of the attractions, gags and games, which Disney animators created for this iconic location of the film, that never made it on screen.
•In Walt's Words – "Pinocchio" – Hear Walt himself discuss the making of "Pinocchio" through archival recordings and interviews.
•The Pinocchio Project: "When You Wish Upon a Star" – Music influencers Alex G, Tanner Patrick and JR Aquino from Disney's Maker Studios, a global leader in short-form videos, gather in a creative workspace to create their rendition of the film's signature song, "When You Wish Upon a Star," and produce a fresh new music video.
•Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in "Poor Papa" – This recently restored and scored 1927 short features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who gets multiple visits from the stork and is forced to attempt various methods to help stop the onslaught of baby deliveries.
•Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as the making of "Pinocchio," deleted scenes, sing-alongs, storyboards and theatrical trailers. "

Looks like this is set to be a jam packed release. :)
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Ummm... no, it does not. Two of the bonus features have little to do w the film... and Im sure all the previously released bonuses will be available as digital downloads... just like BATB
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The cover art for the Best Buy and Target exclusives.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I guess I'll have to get the BestBuy cover. Only decent one out of the three now.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I guess I'll have to get the BestBuy cover. Only decent one out of the three now.
Hm. I kind of like the Target one the best. Like that you get to see Figaro.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

The characters are on model in all three covers. What's weird is in the official regular one and the Best Buy one, Pinocchio's arms and legs have wood detail, but not his neck or face.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I noticed that, too, Duster. :) I agree with you about the characters, being on model. I guess I'll be buying this one as well. :)
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

wow I didnt think theyd make a Target digibook for this release. Ive been collecting these but the last 2 release Ive had to buy on eBay b/c these get scalped the minute they get released in stores, at least around here where I live. Ill need to make sure I get it at the store the same day it comes out(Tuesday).
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I don’t think the Target one looks perfectly on-model at all. But what’s worse about both the non-BestBuy covers is the ugly coloring. They just look cheap and hideous…which I guess is the norm for many Disney covers these days.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Well, this is a surprise; the Pinocchio Signature Edition is coming as a DVD Only Edition too.:
https://www.amazon.com/Pinocchio-Walter ... 01MXO29HZ/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, I'm glad you agree Vlad. I don't think I'll buy this since I feel Pinocchio's ultimateness I already have in the versions of it I own, and it's not one of my top most favorites. I mean, I like it, but it's probably in the bottom of my top ten.

I find the coloring great in the regular and Best Buy covers. There's something I don't like in the...lines, lighting, shading, coloring, that I don't like in the Target one...?

And a DVD-only of this?! Surprising!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

DVD Only editions of Snow White and Beauty and The Beast Signature Editions are coming February 28th:

https://www.amazon.com/White-Seven-Dwar ... 01N2PEGLG/

https://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Beast-Pai ... 01N0MCG3B/
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Well, this is certainly surprising. :o I wonder it they'll have new covers
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It looks like The Lion King is going to be the next Signature after Pinocchio.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdGBW2qQt9Y
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Not a surprise at all, due to it usually being early in the addition in the Platinum/Diamond/Signature installments.
Last edited by DisneyFan09 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Not a surprise at all, due to it usually being the third addition in the Platinum/Diamond/Signature installments.
The fourth in the Signature Line though.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Not a surprise at all, due to it usually being the third addition in the Platinum/Diamond/Signature installments.
The fourth in the Signature line, though.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Whoops, sorry! But it's still one of the earliest films in the line!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I hope they reinsert the cloud for this edition. And I'm not even worried about missing bonus features for once considering the last edition had all of the bonus features locked in the now defunct virtual vault.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey