Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I haven’t bought any of the Mystery Mini’s--although I might pick up Ursula at some point. Like you, my collection’s pretty huge and I don’t need to stretch myself into something else. :lol: There are at least 15 pops announced this month for Disney/HP/OUAT that I’ll have to get (+ The Golden Girls). And I know there’ll be more Sailor Moon next year. I’ve already talked myself down from buying the Soul Eater pops for that reason and I’m slowly talking myself out of getting Tigress from KFP even though she’s soOOo cute.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney's Divinity

Here's the Moana set (drawings).

Talk about overkill. (And milking.) I mean, 2 baby Moana’s? And you have two of regular-Moana? The two Maui’s barely look different from one another either. I’d like to get the regular Moana because it comes with Pua, but it’s the ugliest of the three. I’ll most likely just get Voyager Moana out of these 7. Screw Maui.
Disney's Divinity

The official pictures for the Moana set came out the past week and a half, last night there was a picture of Sebastian, and now Flounder. See them here.

Sebastian is adorable. I imagine Flounder will look better in future pictures, since that's a bad angle. Of course--TLM fan--I'm getting both of them. I wish they were in a two-pack and they were both a little bit smaller than the normal pops, like Mushu was (and I think Meeko was, too--I didn't get that one to know). Hopefully Ursula will be revealed soon now.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Apparently there's some GameStop list going around that lists these pops as upcoming: Flik, Princess Atta, & Heimlich from ABL
'A Bug's Life' Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures Coming in November
http://www.pixarpost.com/2016/10/a-bugs ... gures.html
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

New "Winter" Belle and Beast pops leaked via Gamestop preorder list. Assuming they are modeled after the looks in "There May Be Something There That Wasn't There Before" segment.

Also, and much more importantly to a villain collector like myself, Gaston is finally coming to Pop form!

Edited to add a Jolly Roger Pop Ride has been leaked as well. No word on which figure is coming with it, but a new Captain Hook seems like a real possibility, though a Captain Peter from the end of the movie is a possibility as well.
Disney's Divinity

Widdi wrote:New "Winter" Belle and Beast pops leaked via Gamestop preorder list. Assuming they are modeled after the looks in "There May Be Something There That Wasn't There Before" segment.

Also, and much more importantly to a villain collector like myself, Gaston is finally coming to Pop form!
I'm assuming it's from "Something There," too, which is good news, ofc, but I would scream if it was the Enchanted Christmas dress. :lol: Yes, so happy about Gaston. With all these new additions, I'm almost expecting them to finally come out with the princes, too.

I'm a little annoyed about the new PP pops, because now I wish I hadn't bought the old ones.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Game Stop has leaked a new Winnie the Pooh set

Winnie the Pooh (Sitting)
Piglet
Eeyore
Roo (I'm assuming this will be Kanga and Roo, but it only says Roo on the listing)
Heffalump

I'm assuming the new flocked Pooh Hot Topic is getting is the new sitting one.

Very surprised they didn't make a new Tigger considering the first one was vaulted eons ago, not to mention it is absolutely terrible. One of the worst designs Funko has done. I sold my original Pooh ages ago so I am curious as to what this one will look like.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Piglet
Eeyore
Roo (I'm assuming this will be Kanga and Roo, but it only says Roo on the listing)
Heffalump

Very surprised they didn't make a new Tigger considering the first one was vaulted eons ago, not to mention it is absolutely terrible. One of the worst designs Funko has done. I sold my original Pooh ages ago so I am curious as to what this one will look like.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Piglet
Eeyore
Heffalump

Disney's Divinity

I agree about Tigger. I only have him because I got it free through DisneyMovieRewards. Too bad they couldn’t have done Owl or Rabbit instead of Roo and the Heffalump. Eeyore and Piglet are must's. Maybe Roo, too (begrudgingly). Honestly, I think I'd want Gopher more than Roo.

The Pooh we already have is up there with Dumbo and Ursula as one of the absolute best pops, imo, but he’s the kind of character they could definitely put in many different poses. Not sure if I’ll buy the new one though.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

The Stitch 3-pack from Hot Topic was revealed today and it was not at all what I was expecting. It contains a new mold for Stitch along with a proper scale Scrump and, most surprising of all, Angel from The Animated Series and its movies and spin offs. As someone who both collects Stirch Pops and passed on Scrump's initial pop I am very pleased. I think this marks the first time a DTV or TV series based character has been released? Makes me hopeful a Experiment 625/ Reuben Pop may come someday.

taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

FYI

It was recently released that funko will be releasing a Gaston POP!

Also, I think I read somewhere that they're making a winter Belle.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

taei wrote:FYI

It was recently released that funko will be releasing a Gaston POP!

Also, I think I read somewhere that they're making a winter Belle.
Would this be the animated Gaston or the live action one? And when will it be released?
Disney's Divinity

DC Fan wrote: Would this be the animated Gaston or the live action one? And when will it be released?
It's the animated Gaston. (There's going to be a Winter Beast, too.) Not sure when it'll be released, I'd assume some time in December. There're no pictures yet.

@Widdi: I think that Stitch set is really cute and I don't have Stitch so far, but I don't know who Angel is.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
DC Fan wrote: Would this be the animated Gaston or the live action one? And when will it be released?
It's the animated Gaston. (There's going to be a Winter Beast, too.) Not sure when it'll be released, I'd assume some time in December. There're no pictures yet.

@Widdi: I think that Stitch set is really cute and I don't have Stitch so far, but I don't know who Angel is.
Angel was Experiment 624. She is designed to make good people evil by singing them a song. Stitch has a thing for her (and thus she is Jumbaa's only experiment Lilo doesn't refer to as Stitch's "cousin" in the animated series) and she is treated as his girlfriend some of the time. She is marketed as a female version of Stitch for little girls who must think Stitch being blue means he is for boys. After Stitch and Reuben (Experiment 625) she is probably the most used of the other experiments in the Lilo & Stitch canon.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

From what I understand, Angel is popular in Japan, but I've never seen that much interest for her stateside.

I guess Funko feels there's enough demand for a niche toy line like POPs.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

By the gods! I just realized something!!!

So we´re getting Gaston (most surely) because the live action Beauty and the Beast is coming. Then that should mean that, when the live action Peter Pan is released we should be getting the discontinued Peter Pan characters again!
Disney's Divinity

The new Winnie the Pooh and Beauty and the Beast pops! (You don't need an account to see the pictures.)

Not to be a downer, but... Am I the only one who thinks most of these are ugly??? :o I'll definitely get Eeyore and Beast (and naturally Belle to go with him), but I'll skip the exclusive and I kind of want to skip Gaston, too.... I'm glad the one Heffalump looks like Lumpy. And I'm conflicted about which Eeyore to get... I guess the grey one because that's how he actually appears in the films/shorts.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

It's a pass for me on all of them except Gaston. Maybe Eeyore if I can get him on sale. He was always my favourite resident of the Hundred-acre Wood.
Disney's Divinity

Lady and the Tramp.

I have to admit I'm disappointed. I don't know how some of Disney most adorable characters end up having bad pops. (Bambi's another one.) But it's a bit of a relief because they're making so many and I need to save money where I can.

Some people on the funko forum were saying that Ursula (with Trident and Crown) may be part of a villain line--similar to the 5 princesses--which might explain why she didn't show up at the same time as Flounder and Sebastian.