7%
None
7%

Total votes: 15

Disneyphile
Special Edition

September 2016 movies, part 2

Post by Disneyphile »

What movies are you looking forward to in September 2016? This poll covers September 16-30. For September 2-9, please see part 1.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: September 2016 movies, part 2

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, definitely. Storks looks interesting to me, strangely enough... Masterminds and The Light Between Oceans, maybe Snowden, TMS, and Morgan. I mean, a lot of them look okay this month, not sure if I'll actually see them though. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

Yeah, kinda the same with me. A lot that I have some interest in seeing at some point down the line, but nothing much that is in must-see territory.
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tangled »

The movie I'm most excited for (well, really, the only movie I'm excited for this month) is Koe no Katachi, an anime film based on a manga series that I absolutely adore about a guy who attempts to befriend the deaf girl that he bullied when he was younger. I'll probably have to wait several months to see it, but it looks absolutely gorgeous (as it should, since Kyoani, the studio behind the movie, has been satisfying my craving for spectacular hand-drawn animation with their numerous TV series the past few years).

Other than that, I'm expecting Storks to be at least alright, albeit forgettable. Miss Peregrine's seems like rather safe Tim Burton fare, but I do enjoy the visual style I'm seeing from the trailers. I'll see it eventually, just not in theatres. I do worry that it may not do well in the box office, considering how poorly live-action movies targeted at children/tweens have done this year (besides The Jungle Book). I hate saying things like this, but I feel like kids these days are less preoccupied with going out to movie theatres now that the internet provides so much free entertainment. High-grossing films targeted at children are caused by interest from both children and adults, rather than children (or adults, for that matter) alone. Unless it's a sequel, most kids these days do not beg their parents to see movies anymore; it seems like it's now the other way around, and parents are the ones who decide to go to the movies with their children as an old-fashioned family-outing. Meanwhile, the only excitement I've seen for Miss Peregrine is from devoted Tim Burton fans and people who read the book (and even then there has been some controversy over plot-changes), so I do worry for it.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

ce1ticmoon wrote:Yeah, kinda the same with me. A lot that I have some interest in seeing at some point down the line, but nothing much that is in must-see territory.
I probably wasn't clear, but MPHfPC is must-see for me.

Btw, I just realized Storks is made by the same company as The Lego Movie. For some reason, it looked like Blue Sky. Huh.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I probably wasn't clear, but MPHfPC is must-see for me.

Btw, I just realized Storks is made by the same company as The Lego Movie. For some reason, it looked like Blue Sky. Huh.
No, it was definitely clear. I guess that was a weird way of responding, but I just latched onto the latter part of your post.

That's probably the film I'm most interested, though my interest would probably be a lot higher if I didn't feel like I've been repeatedly burned by anticipating Tim Burton films, only to end up disappointed.

Strangely, I also have the same response to Storks as you do. I have more interest in it than I would expect. Maybe it's because they advertise it as coming from the same studio as The LEGO Movie, which I absolutely loved. I've known that it's coming from Warner Animation Group, but it comes off as Sony Pictures Animation-eque to me, rather than Blue Sky.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Looks interesting, I may check it out. Seems to be a return to form for Tim Burton and I don't mean it looks like Dark Shadows was with Johnny Depp. Heard that was bad.

The only other movie that seems like I'd want to see is Snowden. I'm love historic bio-pics.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I actually just saw Storks and liked it. It is a bit like an old cartoon.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I'm currently reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and I'd like to see what Burton could do with it.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/