Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Apparently there's some GameStop list going around that lists these pops as upcoming: Flounder & Sebastian from TLM (possibly another Ariel variant); Flik, Princess Atta, & Heimlich from ABL; Zelena & Belle from OUAT (possibly new variants of Regina & Hook); and possibly a new Belle (although no certainty on if it's for the animated film or the live-action one right now).

You know I'm going to buy F&S no matter how they look and I know they hate princes (so no Eric), but why not King Triton??? :x
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

No Hopper? But Funko loves villains.
Disney's Divinity

They haven’t really done many Pixar villains though, have they? Syndrome is the only one that comes to mind. It kind of annoys me that they’re making Flik here, but we can’t get Aladdin. If they weren't bugs, they'd probably only make Atta and Heimlich.

I’m still waiting for the Queen of Hearts.
Disney's Divinity

New Disney Princesses: Ariel (Pink Dress), Belle in her yellow dress (only difference is she’s holding the side of her dress now), Rapunzel (Braided Hair), Cinderella (the New Disney Princess design….), and Tiana (Blue Dress). I'm not sure if you can see the pictures if you're not a user, but here's a link. Otherwise, a Google search should be able to find them pretty fast.

I am SO GLAD I did not buy the original Rapunzel, which was hideous. This is the version I wanted of her and thankfully she looks great this time, and now I can get the only princess I don't have right now. I’m getting them all except for Cinderella. Sorry, I have no interest in the ugly DP designs. I would've bought it if she were in her work clothes, the pink dress, or her wedding dress. In a way I don’t really want to get Belle, but she does look great and I have all the other B&tB pops, so….

EDIT:
The only other variants I'd want to see for each princess, and this is mostly because the princesses are generally some of my favorite Disney characters:

Snow White (Rags)
Snow White (Regular Clothes with her Collar-Thing)
Cinderella (Work Clothes)
Cinderella (Pink Mother’s Dress)
Cinderella (Ripped Dress)
Cinderella (Wedding)
Ariel (with Orange Bag and Fork)
Ariel (Scuttle's Sails Dress)
Ariel (Nightgown)
Ariel (Purple Glittering Dress)
Ariel (Wedding)
Belle (Enchanted Christmas)
Belle (Pink Winter Coat)
Belle (Green)
Jasmine (Purple)
Jasmine (Slave)
Jasmine (King of Thieves Wedding Dress)
Aurora (Blue)
Briar Rose
Tiana ("Almost There" Gown and Fur)
Tiana (Work)
Tiana (Ending Scene Green Dress)
Tiana (Peasant Costume)
Tiana (Child)
Mulan (Matchmaker)
Mulan (Soldier)

Unfortunately, I think there'll be variants of the new DP designs before most of these. :roll:
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I was so excited for that Cinderella until I saw that it had that god-awful new hairstyle from the Princess redesigns. I may attempt to do a head swap from the old figure if I can find one for a low price.

Belle is an absolute must have for me. I didn't get the original one and this one is just so much better. Hoping for a new Beast sculpt to go with her.

The others are nice, but I will likely skip them.

I am loving these posed molds that Funko has been doing lately and hope the now long out of production villains get the same treatment soon. I will gladly repurchase them.
Disney's Divinity

New Once Upon a Time pops: Regina (Evil Queen with Fireball), Zelena, Belle, Dark Hook (with Excalibur).

I’m definitely getting Zelena—she looks perfect. Belle looks good, but I don’t care about that character… (Same with Snow last series.) This Regina looks better than the previous one, but I’m going to wait and hope that they’ll make a version of her as Mayor. The only other characters I'd like are Dark Swann, Cora (preferrably Storybrooke version), Ingrid, and maybe Gold and Hades (to go with Zelena...lol). Pan probably wouldn't look distinct enough. The only way I'd get Henry is if they had him holding the story book.

I wonder if Flounder/Sebastian might appear next... You know, looking at the Belle pop that was just announced (animated film, not OUAT), I wouldn't doubt if they had another Beast planned, too. She's situated sort of like they're re-creating the ballroom scene. The dress looks as if it should be seen from the side, maybe with her face turned forward looking at him and her hand outstretched to hold his.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Is there any hope for Funko to bring back Captain Hook?

I´d say that with the popularity if the character in ONCE they should take advantage of it.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

DC Fan wrote:Is there any hope for Funko to bring back Captain Hook?

I´d say that with the popularity if the character in ONCE they should take advantage of it.
The original pop has long been discontinued, so I think that Jolly Roger has sailed.

That said a new Captain Hook pop with a new mold is certainly a possibility. Funko has released or announced quite a few new versions of older, retired, pops (The Princesses, Power Rangers, Alex from A Clockwork Orange, Batgirl etc). Knowing how popular Disney Villains are it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see a new line of newly designed pops and Hook would be a prime candidate I would think.

I personally love the new "action pose" variants they have been creating and if word gets out on the Villains getting this treatment it will be off to ebay with the old ones. I am not a collector who values value. I want pieces I love to look at more than expensive ones with inferior designs.
Disney's Divinity

I would probably buy new versions of some of the villains--depending on how they turn out--but I wouldn't get rid of the old ones. The only old design I thought could be better was the Evil Queen and maybe Cruella. The rest were fantastic.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Hot Topic leaked a few new Disney Pops earlier today. Among them are a Glow in the Dark Aurora, a glittery Ariel, Lady and the Tramp 2-pack, a Stitch 3-pack and a new "crowned" Ursula. All of these are said to be upcoming Hot Topic Exclusives so keep an eye out!

Also two new Nightmare Before Christmas pops have been confirmed for NYCC. Behemoth and a new Sally in a sitting position. They are numbered 207 and 209 so it is likely a third NBC pop is coming along with them too. Sally and Behemoth will both be available at Hot Topic later this year as well.
Disney's Divinity

Re: Lin Manuel Miranda, doing Gigantic and Coco?

More pops incoming. Hot topic has this list in their system:

Glitter Ariel
GITD Aurora
Belle Unhooded (*Most likely Live Action)
Lady and the Tramp 2 Pack
Toddler Moana
Stitch 3 Pack
Crowned Ursula
Winnie the Pooh flocked

OMG, Ursula, YES! Hopefully Glitter Ariel is the Purple Dress, please! And I’ll definitely get L&tT, too. I'll skip the others, unless Belle is from the animated film.
Disney's Divinity

I was just coming here to post. Here's the full list for anyone else who might be looking:

Glitter Ariel
GITD Aurora
Belle Unhooded (*Most likely Live Action)
Lady and the Tramp 2 Pack
Toddler Moana
Stitch 3 Pack
Crowned Ursula
Winnie the Pooh flocked

OMG, Ursula, YES! :pink: :pink: :pink: Hopefully Glitter Ariel is the Purple Dress, please! And I’ll definitely get L&tT, too. Those are probable the only two I’ll unless Belle is from the animated film. Aurora GITD has me stumped, but some people on the funko forum were thinking it might be from the part of the movie where Maleficent hypnotizes her. That might be cool… (and it would require she’s in the Blue Dress…) EDIT: And some think the WtP pop may be Eeyore, which I'd definitely have to get!

EDIT: I wish it wasn't a HT exclusive though. I hate that website and no Free Shipping at all. Ugh.

But when it finally comes out and my order comes to my house, the only appropriate reaction: "At last...! It's MINE!" :lol:
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Really hoping the Stitch 3 Pack includes a full sized version of the mold they used on the Stitch Pocket Pop keychain. It is so much nicer than the original Stitch pop from way back when, but I have a feeling it will just be a repack of the three Hot Topic Exclusive Stitch pops we have already gotten.
Disney's Divinity

But it’s funny how much of a dud this year looked to be at the beginning. Definitely Fall-heavy this year. I hope next year they fill in a few holes for some of the movies they’ve already touched on like they’re doing for TLM, and we get The Queen of Hearts, Hans, Shan-Yu, and/or Gothel; the Stepmother, Lucifer, and the Fairy Godmother; the Blue Fairy, Figaro; Aladdin (with Abu); Gaston and Human Beast; Merryweather, Flora, and Fauna; Pluto; Dopey and the Hag; maybe one or two of the missing princes…

This may sound odd, but I’d LOVE if they made the Magic Mirror eventually (with some kind of handle on the back to keep it standing). I’d also like if they re-made the Queen eventually with her Collar-thing, holding the box meant for Snow White’s heart.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Glitter Ariel was officially announced today. It's simply the new Pink Dress variant with glitter glued to the dress. Disappointing.
Disney's Divinity

Yeah, I don't get it. That dress was never glittery. Why wouldn't they just make variants of all the new princesses with glitter??? :lol: I'll probably but it because, you know, TLM.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Avaitor wrote:No Hopper? But Funko loves villains.
Id love for them to make a Hades pop!
and are they ever going to make a Hans pop?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney has released a stop-motion animated short with Funko dolls.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

I hate how they’re using the live-action Cinderella amid the animated characters. :roll: But it’s cute. I imagine they had quite a time with the Pocahontas figure considering how it will never stay up straight unless it’s leaning back against something. (Or is this 3D stop-motion?)
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Has anyone else got any of the new Disney Villains Mystery Minis from Funko? Honestly, when the designs were first revealed, I found them underwhelming. But, I liked Prince John and Sir Hiss. So, I took a chance and bought a few at Hot Topic. I got Prince John (yay!), Dragon Maleficent and Flotsam & Jetsam. I must say, these REALLY grew on me! I definitely want to get Sir Hiss to go with John, but, having seen photos of the ones for Hades, Captain Hook and Dr. Facilier, I want THOSE, too. Hades, especially, grew on me. He's so cute! I'm going to have to get my hands on at least the four I mentioned above (Sir Hiss, Hades, Hook and Facilier). Trouble is, Hook is a Hot Topic Exclusive, and Facilier is one of the 1/72 chase figures!

I'm also still on the hunt for a decently priced Prince John Pop. He's the only major male Disney Villain missing from my collection (I managed to get Kaa on eBay for a decent price). I'm looking forward to the Crown Ursula from Hot Topic!

(As a side note, my Pop collection has become ridiculous. I now have about 40! It's mostly Disney Villains, Batman and DC Comics characters, X-Men and horror characters. And Funko just KEEPS pumping out more and more stuff that I want! The Disney Villain Minis aren't even the least of it... The Horror Minis have become an addiction, too!)