Lasseter takeover--good or bad?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Lasseter takeover--good or bad?

Post by Sotiris »

PatrickvD wrote:I wonder if Lasseter understands Hawaiian themed shirts are considered the epitome of bad taste and poor fashion sense?
No, Hawaiian shirts are clearly haute couture. :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Jon nobody wants to buy your stupid shirts. :roll:
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

OMG! Is it really possible to be that self-absorbed???
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

I don't have a particularly negative opinion of John Lasseter, but I have to agree that this exhibition is a bit bizarre.
PatrickvD wrote:I wonder f Lasseter understands Hawaiian themed shirts are considered the epitome of bad taste and poor fashion sense?
:lol:
kiseki
Limited Issue

Re:

Post by kiseki »

Victurtle wrote:I also cannot forgive Hayao Miyazaki for getting rid of Mamoru Hosoda in Howl's Moving Castle, and then going onto directing the film himself, completely butchering the story. Both JL and HM are very similar directors. They both made one good film (imo), are heads of their companies, love to dethrone other directors (for reasons including 'they do not conform', and are full of themselves.
I'm not fond of Miyazaki either, but I'm going to have to correct you here.

It was Kondou (Kiki's character designer) who didn't like how Hosoda's storyboards didn't conform to Ghibli's style. They clashed and Hosoda went back to Toei. Thus in Hosoda's absence, Miyazaki went to direct Howl (and as you said, butchering it) instead of Earthsea as was promised to Le Guin. And Gorou went to work on Earthsea only to screw it up. Now with their founders aging and lacking proper directional talent, Ghibli had to shut down.

The fun part is how Hosoda's recent movies bring in more cash than modern, non-Miyazaki Ghibli movies.

Sorry, off topic.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Not gonna lie... I love the patterns on those shirts. :P

But I don't like that they're known as Lasseter's shirts. I saw a post a couple of days from the guy who designed these shirts, and I feel horrible for him... This collection should be named after him, not lasseter.

As for the guy... I don't think he's a good influence, but he's the one who got the gears moving... But I will tell you this... I'm getting sick and tired of Road Trip movies.

Bolt (2008)
Up (2009)
Princess and the Frog (2009)
Tangled (2010)
Brave (2012)
Wreck it Ralph (2012) --> The Least Road trippy movie
Frozen (2013)
Inside Out (2015)

--

The Good Dinosaur (2015)
Zootopia (2016)
Moana (2016)
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

taei wrote:Not gonna lie... I love the patterns on those shirts. :P

But I don't like that they're known as Lasseter's shirts. I saw a post a couple of days from the guy who designed these shirts, and I feel horrible for him... This collection should be named after him, not lasseter.

As for the guy... I don't think he's a good influence, but he's the one who got the gears moving... But I will tell you this... I'm getting sick and tired of Road Trip movies.

Bolt (2008)
Up (2009)
Princess and the Frog (2009)
Tangled (2010)
Brave (2012)
Wreck it Ralph (2012) --> The Least Road trippy movie
Frozen (2013)
Inside Out (2015)

--

The Good Dinosaur (2015)
Zootopia (2016)
Moana (2016)
Me too, although to be honest I've enjoyed the majority of those films (never seen Bolt)

I have very little interest in The Good Dinosaur from what I've seen at this moment and I honestly couldn't muster any enthusiasm about Zootopia. For me, it's looking like a few dull years but I do fancy Moana.
I hope Disney find a new formula that isn't Road Trip. People will get tired of it much like they did the 90's formula.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Apparently, Lasseter is not only the new Walt Disney, he is also the new Paul McCartney. :facepalm: Also, Pixar is like The Beatles, and Andrew Stanton is like John Lennon. rotfl
Q: Pixar are pretty much The Beatles – with ‘Cars’, of course, being your Magical Mystery Tour – which makes you the new Brian Epstein.

Jim Morris: It’s funny you should say that, because, you look at John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Pete Doctor and Lee Unkrich, they all have their own skill sets, but they work together just beautifully. John’s got this popular voice, and a sense of appeal, where Andrew has this grittier, darker sensibility – so, that’s Paul and John right there. Not sure who wants to be Ringo, but the similarities are there.
Source: http://www.movies.ie/the-good-dinosinterview-with/
disneyphilip
Special Edition

Post by disneyphilip »

Sotiris wrote:Apparently, Lasseter is not only the new Walt Disney, he is also the new Paul McCartney. :facepalm: Also, Pixar is like The Beatles, and Andrew Stanton is like John Lennon. rotfl
Q: Pixar are pretty much The Beatles – with ‘Cars’, of course, being your Magical Mystery Tour – which makes you the new Brian Epstein.

Jim Morris: It’s funny you should say that, because, you look at John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Pete Doctor and Lee Unkrich, they all have their own skill sets, but they work together just beautifully. John’s got this popular voice, and a sense of appeal, where Andrew has this grittier, darker sensibility – so, that’s Paul and John right there. Not sure who wants to be Ringo, but the similarities are there.
Source: http://www.movies.ie/the-good-dinosinterview-with/
Sotiris, you're a terrible admin. Admins should not have mean spirited attitudes like yours.

I hope you get your privileges taken away and so I can block you. :x
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Good Lord.... Admins and mods are just like all other posters, with their own opinions and the right to express them. Sotiris is not required to be neutral or post what you want to hear.

But back to the topic--I wonder if Jim Morris was saying that jokingly....
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

You know, the more I see of Lasseter, the more I sense his douchy demenaour and insincerity. Perhaps that's the consequence of always being acclaimed as a so-called flawless genius. I bet he consider all of his syngergy-films with Disney to be perfect and flawless because they had his touch on them.
Sotiris, you're a terrible admin. Admins should not have mean spirited attitudes like yours.
There's a difference of being mean spirited and being snarky, which Sotiris is of course being the latter. And why are you so hostile towards people who states their dislike about current Disney, huh? Just wondering.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyphilip wrote:Sotiris, you're a terrible admin. Admins should not have mean spirited attitudes like yours. I hope you get your privileges taken away and so I can block you. :x
You have just been banned! Finally! :dance: :mickana: :party: :pink:
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Finally! That was about time...:donald: :clap: :herc: :mickey: :wave: If one takes offence EVERYTIME someone else have a different opinion and goes into full rage mode and personal attacks all the time, it gets rather annoying.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Disney's Divinity

Honestly, it's probably a good thing for disneyphillip as much as it is for the rest of us... Becoming enraged that easily can't be good for your health.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

DisneyFan09 wrote:You know, the more I see of Lasseter, the more I sense his douchy demenaour and insincerity. Perhaps that's the consequence of always being acclaimed as a so-called flawless genius. I bet he consider all of his syngergy-films with Disney to be perfect and flawless because they had his touch on them.
His excuse for replacing a director for another film: "Hey! It worked with Ratatouille! Therefore it'll work with every single film I produce!"

Don't forget the ridiculous amounts of awards Pixar received over the years. After Up won the Best Animated Feature, I already knew Toy Story 3 was going to win.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Sotiris wrote:
disneyphilip wrote:Sotiris, you're a terrible admin. Admins should not have mean spirited attitudes like yours. I hope you get your privileges taken away and so I can block you. :x
You have just been banned! Finally! :dance: :mickana: :party: :pink:
It was only a matter of time given his past behaviour here and elsewhere online.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That guy was banned just by going against an admin? I feel that's a little...scary! I agree with Sotiris, and that the guy shouldn't say something mean to Sotiris, but can't the other guy say his opinion, no matter how wrong he is?

And am I the only one who thinks Lasseter is super deep in the closet?
Disney's Divinity

It obviously was NOT because he attacked an admin, it's the fact that he's attacked several posters here. And he never gave an opinion, he just attacked other people who said something he didn’t like. His posts were the equivalent of, “You suck! You’re a loser! Take that back!”
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I didn't know everything that lead up to his ban, it's just that his ban came just went he went up against Sotiris, so I thought it was from that. I didn't feel he attacked Sotiris, as I feel he was just giving his opinion on what he saw Sotiris as, "mean-spirited", and he hoped he could block the posts he didn't like from him. Like I said, I don't think anything mean should be said to Sotiris, I just thought he had a right to speak his mind.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:That guy was banned just by going against an admin? I feel that's a little...scary!
:lol: No, that had nothing to do with it. The timing was just a coincidence. First of all, I'm not an administrator; I'm just a moderator. Only admins can suspend or ban members. Second, important decisions such as banning members are not taken lightly and certainly not unilaterally by one mod but by the whole moderating team after much deliberation. In this case, disneyphilip was banned because of multiple forum violations including countless attacks against other members over the years.

I hope that clears things up. Now, let's get back on topic!