The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2015

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Escapay wrote:I'd rather that Disney carried over the "Legacy Collection" banner that they've used for their soundtrack CD releases. Can you imagine a series of Blu-Ray re-issues that featured digibook packaging, liner notes and artwork, and a mixture of new and familiar extras that gave these films their due? It would look so nice on the shelf and be a practical re-issue for folks who haven't bought previous editions. The one caveat would be the Lorelay Bové artwork that's gotten mixed reviews here. But I love it, haha.

Albert
Oooh, I'd definitely buy something like that. Of course I'd personally love Lorelay Bove to creat the artwork in a scenario like that, but even so, it'd be great to get quality releases from Disney again.
I would too! I actually really enjoy her art and it is light years away from the covers we've been getting on the diamond editions.
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Prince Edward wrote: Since the release of The Little Mermaid on Blu-ray in 2013, Disney Store have released "The Art of" collections to go with the princess movie re-releases: The Art of Ariel in 2013, Art of Aurora in 2014 and The Art of Jasmine this year.
I can't remember having heard of these? I looked on Amazon and couldn't find them, so I guess they were Disney Store exclusives. I'm assuming they're no longer available, but what were they like? Clipartfest or something else?
They were just in the Disney Store. Jasmine's collection should still be there if you want to check it out. It was anything BUT the clipart and the artwork was really beautiful.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

unprincess wrote:
I suppose nothing could really top diamond at this point, mineral wise so it works.
meh, they should have called it the Zirconia Collection at the rate theyre going with the quality of these releases. :down:
How about Uranium Edition? And to suit the radioactive nature of the name, we'd get regularly fluctuating colours and grain levels so that every person on the Internet, no matter what their personal beliefs may be, can say that the transfer is the right one (or for at least two seconds of the film).

:wink:
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Art of Jasmine. There also was a Aladdin/Jasmine magical lamp snow globe, but it has sold out. (The Art of Aurora also featured a snow globe, but Art of Ariel did not.)
http://www.disneystore.com/art-of-jasmine/mn/1021601/
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs: Walt Disney Signature Colle

Post by stevemcqueen »

Confirmed: Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs: The Walt Disney Signature Collection Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD is out February 2nd, 2016.

Cover art:

Walmart Pre-order page

A bit disappointed they didn't finish the Diamond line-up properly with Pinocchio. Like many others, I expected a Pinocchio: Diamond Edition this February and then Snow White launching the next line in Fall 2016. Feels a bit weird they gave Snow White the Spring slot, as they have always released the movie in the Fall.

Liking the new cover and the "Signature Collection" logo on the bottom right corner though :)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs: Walt Disney Signature C

Post by JeanGreyForever »

stevemcqueen wrote:Confirmed: Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs: The Walt Disney Signature Collection Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD is out February 2nd, 2016.

Cover art:

Walmart Pre-order page

A bit disappointed they didn't finish the Diamond line-up properly with Pinocchio. Like many others, I expected a Pinocchio: Diamond Edition this February and then Snow White launching the next line in Fall 2016. Feels a bit weird they gave Snow White the Spring slot, as they have always released the movie in the Fall.

Liking the new cover and the "Signature Collection" logo on the bottom right corner though :)
Cover looks fan-made, but not necessarily in a bad way. It could have been a lot worse and I've always loved that clipart of Snow White. It's much classier than the typical "throw every character on the cover" that Disney tries to do. Annoyed that the sideways art is still here but oh well. I do like the Signature label on the front though.

Hopefully we will get special features soon.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I kinda hope at least most to the Diamond Edition features will be ported.

Incidentally, I think it's soon there needs to be a Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2016 thread.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

While I usually like minimalist covers, I'm not feeling this one. The old clipart awkwardly edited together, the white background, the title font... It just screams cheap and amateurish. No wonder people thought the cover was fan-made.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

This collection seems all over the place. I can't imagine Walt Disney "signing" a Beauty and the Beast blu-ray. It makes exactly 0 sense.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It doesn't look as good as the concept could, but I kind of hope they keep going with this back-to-back concept. Of course, as usually goes, they'll have abandoned it for a new trend by the time TLM comes back around. :/
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Like they did with every single Diamond Edition cover, this one is not going to be the final one, so don't worry, yet!
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

Call me crazy but actually like the white background and the cover as a whole.

I also like the signature logo in the bottom corner.

I've said before that once all the DACs are released on Blu-ray I'm going to stop buying but when I saw that new cover art, I think I've changed my mind.
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I'm perfectly content with my Diamond Edition BD. I'm guessing this release would be using the same transfer, too, so the only thing going for it would be a digital copy and new/more than likely unsubstantial bonus features.

Though, I do like the cover of this edition a bit more than the Diamond Edition, which is overly crowded.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I'm somewhat surprised that it's just regular Blu-ray and not Ultra HD, since the format is set to make its debut next year. I wonder if Disney will even bother with those kinds of discs at all? Since that's the case, I'll definately be passing on this one as I already have the 2009 Blu-ray release. Also, Fe 2 sounds very early for a typical "spring" Platinum/Dimaond release.

Like Prince Edward, I'm hoping they will make 17" dolls of Snow White, The Evil Queen and The Prince (maybe the Witch too? That one would be great to see!).
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:I'm somewhat surprised that it's just regular Blu-ray and not Ultra HD, since the format is set to make its debut next year. I wonder if Disney will even bother with those kinds of discs at all? Since that's the case, I'll definately be passing on this one as I already have the 2009 Blu-ray release. Also, Fe 2 sounds very early for a typical "spring" Platinum/Dimaond release.

Like Prince Edward, I'm hoping they will make 17" dolls of Snow White, The Evil Queen and The Prince (maybe the Witch too? That one would be great to see!).
I think if Disney touches UltraHD at all it would only be for select titles. I can't foresee any movie studio, let alone Disney, releasing a lot of their catalogs on UltraHD. I don't think there will be a large back catalog library released on the UltraHD format.
TheSequelOfDisney wrote:I'm perfectly content with my Diamond Edition BD. I'm guessing this release would be using the same transfer, too, so the only thing going for it would be a digital copy and new/more than likely unsubstantial bonus features.

Though, I do like the cover of this edition a bit more than the Diamond Edition, which is overly crowded.
Agreed. If it's the same transfer with underwhelming new bonus features then no sale.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I love the rebranding: Snow and White: The Seven Dwarfs. ;)

On a serious note, I like the cover layout, but I hate that font (trying to make the film more recent than it is?) and that ugly border.
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

I like the concept of the cover, but it could definitely use some improvement in the execution. Still, I do like the minimal design and find it better than most of their covers (though that doesn't exactly say much). Definitely much better than the horrendous oval covers that they've been doing for the recent Diamonds, though I wish they would have dropped the sideways titles too. Like others have mentioned, I do like the signature logo.

All that said, I'm assuming there won't be enough of an incentive for me upgrade (downgrade?) from the Diamond, though I'd reconsider if they were to start going all-out with the special features again. I guess the digital copy would be an incentive for some, and I certainly wouldn't mind having it, but I don't think I've ever watched a digital copy of something I owned on disc, since I virtually never watch movies outside of my house.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I think next year is when Im gonna finally stop buying new releases of the classics. That cover is just another recycled clipart non-effort. The only exception may be if they release an edition with a new correct restoration or a very impressive new bonus feature. Or if Target releases a digibook version since Im collecting those. I need the extra money Ill save and Im running out of space anyway.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Mooky wrote:I love the rebranding: Snow and White: The Seven Dwarfs. ;)
There's an "and" in there but it's weirdly placed.
unprincess wrote:I think next year is when Im gonna finally stop buying new releases of the classics. That cover is just another recycled clipart non-effort. The only exception may be if they release an edition with a new correct restoration or a very impressive new bonus feature. Or if Target releases a digibook version since Im collecting those. I need the extra money Ill save and Im running out of space anyway.
Yeah, Aladdin was the last classic that I really wanted on Blu-ray (at least for the Platinum/Diamond line). I didn't even bother purchasing the Diamond Editions of 101 Dalmatians and The Jungle Book, as I rarely ever watch the Platinum DVDs. I think I'm becoming a tired collector. Disney's been offering less and less, and I'm pretty much fed up with it.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:
Mooky wrote:I love the rebranding: Snow and White: The Seven Dwarfs. ;)
There's an "and" in there but it's weirdly placed.
I think you may have missed Mooky's joke. :wink:
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I assume this collection will only include films Walt himself worked on ? Due to his signature and all ...