The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD

Post by stevemcqueen »

There are two new listings for a new Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs BD/DVD/DC release on a Canadian store:
1) http://zeusonline.ca/265937
UPC: 786936847925
2) http://zeusonline.ca/265859
UPC: 786936847932

Amazon.ca also has both listings up.

Googling the UPC's brought up this: (!)
http://dvdlist.kazart.com/queryDVD2.php3?id=284701

Note that it's listed as "Postponed" under "Status", but we now know that there is a Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD re-release on the way, whether February 2nd, 2016 is the new date after it was "postponed", or the old one.

Tried searching for Pinocchio as well (along with the other remaining DAC yet to be released), but nothing came up.

Anyone in the US who has good contacts with the DMC representatives, it might be worth a shot to run the UPC's by them and ask for details.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD

Post by JeanGreyForever »

stevemcqueen wrote:There are two new listings for a new Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs BD/DVD/DC release on a Canadian store:
1) http://zeusonline.ca/265937
UPC: 786936847925
2) http://zeusonline.ca/265859
UPC: 786936847932

Amazon.ca also has both listings up.

Googling the UPC's brought up this: (!)
http://dvdlist.kazart.com/queryDVD2.php3?id=284701

Note that it's listed as "Postponed" under "Status", but we now know that there is a Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD re-release on the way, whether February 2nd, 2016 is the new date after it was "postponed", or the old one.

Tried searching for Pinocchio as well (along with the other remaining DAC yet to be released), but nothing came up.

Anyone in the US who has good contacts with the DMC representatives, it might be worth a shot to run the UPC's by them and ask for details.
Wow, that's great to hear. Disney's bigger releases (the 6 princess movies plus The Lion King) typically get an October release in the US as that is closer to the holidays and thus more lucrative, so people in the States might have to wait a bit longer than February. I'd love for it to be released then though!
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Wow, that's great to hear. Disney's bigger releases (the 6 princess movies plus The Lion King) typically get an October release in the US as that is closer to the holidays and thus more lucrative, so people in the States might have to wait a bit longer than February. I'd love for it to be released then though!

Or maybe not...

Sotiris wrote: According to Disney Brazil, the next Diamonds (or whatever they'll end up calling them) are Beauty and the Beast and Snow White.

There's a Snow White Read-Along book coming this February. This kind of book usually comes out around the Diamond Edition release date (They did that with Aladdin, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc.)

http://www.amazon.com/White-Seven-Dwarf ... ite+disney

If the new edition of Snow White comes out this February, then I think that Beauty and the Beast should come out next, to tie-in with the live action movie.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Wow, that's great to hear. Disney's bigger releases (the 6 princess movies plus The Lion King) typically get an October release in the US as that is closer to the holidays and thus more lucrative, so people in the States might have to wait a bit longer than February. I'd love for it to be released then though!
These UPC's and the February release date are for a North American release. I was surprised as well by the release date as, like you said, all previous Snow White releases have been in October.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2015

Post by Atlantica »

That's such a gorgeous cover on the read along ... Would love to see that on a bluray. Getting Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition feels from it.
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

Really? I mean...there are sooooooo many other films that have yet to even been released ever onto Blu-ray, and we are going to start recycling the titles again? Ridiculous in my opinion
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

stevemcqueen wrote:There are two new listings for a new Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs BD/DVD/DC release on a Canadian store
There's also a listing on DVD Empire.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote:
stevemcqueen wrote:There are two new listings for a new Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs BD/DVD/DC release on a Canadian store
There's also a listing on DVD Empire.
Is that cover fan made? It looks way too different from what Disney normally gives us. I don't mind it completely but the logo is atrocious.
ImageImage
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Sotiris wrote: There's also a listing on DVD Empire.
Is that cover fan made? It looks way too different from what Disney normally gives us. I don't mind it completely but the logo is atrocious.
I think it could be fan-made. I can't speak for the Queen, but that clipart of Snow White about to bite into the apple has been around for quite some time, at least since the first Platinum Edition DVD in 2001:

Then again, we all know what crazy schemes Disney's marketing division likes to get up to, and it wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to jump on the Once Upon a Time/Maleficent bandwagon... :facepalm:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Wonderlicious wrote:
I think it could be fan-made. I can't speak for the Queen, but that clipart of Snow White about to bite into the apple has been around for quite some time, at least since the first Platinum Edition DVD in 2001:

Then again, we all know what crazy schemes Disney's marketing division likes to get up to, and it wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to jump on the Once Upon a Time/Maleficent bandwagon... :facepalm:
The queen came from this image promoting the diamond edition. I doubt Disney would just take a stock image from their platinum edition and a stock image from their diamond edition, mash them together, and call that a cover; surely they haven't reached that low yet.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/polls/8 ... 4_full.jpg
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Apparently, the successor of the "Diamond Edition" moniker will be "Signature Edition".
A: Just got an email that it is being released as a ''Signature Edition'' on Feb 2nd 2016.

B: Email from where? Any more details?

A: I work at a retail store and we got an email yesterday about upcoming Disney releases, and among them was "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Signature Edition" set for Feb 2nd 2016.
Source: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php ... st11527766
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote:Apparently, the successor of the "Diamond Edition" moniker will be "Signature Edition".
A: Just got an email that it is being released as a ''Signature Edition'' on Feb 2nd 2016.

B: Email from where? Any more details?

A: I work at a retail store and we got an email yesterday about upcoming Disney releases, and among them was "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Signature Edition" set for Feb 2nd 2016.
Source: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php ... st11527766
That's an interesting moniker. I suppose nothing could really top diamond at this point, mineral wise so it works. The first few movies always get a lot more fanfare and extra bonus features compared to the rest of the line so I'm hoping to see a collector's edition of this, worthy of the signature name. I miss the days when Disney made special box sets.
ImageImage
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

If that's true, I think "Signature Edition" makes sense and sounds pretty good. As mentioned, they've obviously run out precious metals and stones that they can use, and "Signature Edition" still gives off a regal or premium vibe.

But are they just going to skip Pinocchio, then? I mean, I have the Platinum BD, and I'm pretty sure the Diamond wouldn't be much of an upgrade (except for the inclusion of a DC), so it's not a big deal to me, but everything about their home video releases just feels so scattered and inconsistent.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Do you think Disney was influenced by the re-release of The Iron Giant which was labeled as a "Signature Edition"?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

ce1ticmoon wrote:If that's true, I think "Signature Edition" makes sense and sounds pretty good. As mentioned, they've obviously run out precious metals and stones that they can use, and "Signature Edition" still gives off a regal or premium vibe.

But are they just going to skip Pinocchio, then? I mean, I have the Platinum BD, and I'm pretty sure the Diamond wouldn't be much of an upgrade (except for the inclusion of a DC), so it's not a big deal to me, but everything about their home video releases just feels so scattered and inconsistent.
Perhaps they'll release Pinocchio near the start of their Signature Line. Maybe after Snow White and BATB since that will likely come next according to the Disney Expo at Brazil. Since the live-action BATB will come out in 2017, it wouldn't be too far-fetched for them to release BATB as part of the signature line in the fall of 2016, right after Snow White. Especially if the live-action version gets released in March like Cinderella and Oz.

The diamond edition (or signature or whatever) of Pinocchio would likely just tack on a couple of extra bonuses plus a digital copy and then take out a good chunk of what was in the platinum edition, much like Sleeping Beauty. I would only be interested in it for the digital copy.
ImageImage
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

As much as I like the classiness of a banner title like "Signature Edition," it's already been used before by other companies well before even Warner Bros. used it for The Iron Giant. Quite a few of DreamWorks' DVD releases from 1998 to 2000 were under the "Signature Selection" banner, Lionsgate then followed suit with "Signature Series," and Warner Bros. released various classic film box sets under "The Signature Collection" from 2004 to 2007. And on Blu-Ray, Fox had a short-lived "Filmmakers Signature Series" line a few years ago. But it's not like any one studio has propriety over these words anyway. New Line Cinema released pretty much every film they own under the "New Line Platinum Series" before, during, and after Disney's "Platinum Edition" line. And Fox released the Marilyn Monroe films under "The Diamond Collection" before Disney's "Diamond Edition" came about.

I'd rather that Disney carried over the "Legacy Collection" banner that they've used for their soundtrack CD releases. Can you imagine a series of Blu-Ray re-issues that featured digibook packaging, liner notes and artwork, and a mixture of new and familiar extras that gave these films their due? It would look so nice on the shelf and be a practical re-issue for folks who haven't bought previous editions. The one caveat would be the Lorelay Bové artwork that's gotten mixed reviews here. But I love it, haha.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Escapay wrote:I'd rather that Disney carried over the "Legacy Collection" banner that they've used for their soundtrack CD releases. Can you imagine a series of Blu-Ray re-issues that featured digibook packaging, liner notes and artwork, and a mixture of new and familiar extras that gave these films their due? It would look so nice on the shelf and be a practical re-issue for folks who haven't bought previous editions. The one caveat would be the Lorelay Bové artwork that's gotten mixed reviews here. But I love it, haha.

Albert
Oooh, I'd definitely buy something like that. Of course I'd personally love Lorelay Bove to creat the artwork in a scenario like that, but even so, it'd be great to get quality releases from Disney again.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Both "Snow White" and "Beauty and the Beast" released on Blu-ray the same year? Two fairytale movies in one year? Makes sense for Disney to re-release their most popular movies as soon as possible to get some dollars before the physical market shrinks even more, but have they ever re-released two "princess" movies in the same year before?

Here in Norway almost all the Walt Disney Animation Studios have been re-released during 2015, so Disney's previous vault policy seems abandoned. A bit sad, because now I can't imagine that we will be getting the new (signature?) collection releases in the upcoming years. And as a collector i have for many years looked forward to be getting the next big Disney re-release to see the cover art, new bonus material and to see if they have made any tweaks to the movie itself.

I am wondering what two fairytale movies in one year will influence what merchandise Disney Store will be offering...

Since the release of The Little Mermaid on Blu-ray in 2013, Disney Store have released "The Art of" collections to go with the princess movie re-releases: The Art of Ariel in 2013, Art of Aurora in 2014 and The Art of Jasmine this year. Also, ever since the Diamond edition of Snow White, Disney Store have released 17" limited edition dolls to accompany (re-)releases of princess/fairy tale movies. This Fall we saw such dolls for Aladdin, Jasmine and Jafar (3 versions of Jasmine and 2 versions of Aladdin).

If Disney is to release both Snow White and Beauty and the Beast next year, then we might get two "Art of" collections (Snow White and Belle) as well as limited edition dolls for Snow White/prince/Evil Queen and Belle/prince Adam (Beast as human)/Gaston all in the same year...?
Last edited by Prince Edward on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I suppose nothing could really top diamond at this point, mineral wise so it works.
meh, they should have called it the Zirconia Collection at the rate theyre going with the quality of these releases. :down:
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Prince Edward wrote: Since the release of The Little Mermaid on Blu-ray in 2013, Disney Store have released "The Art of" collections to go with the princess movie re-releases: The Art of Ariel in 2013, Art of Aurora in 2014 and The Art of Jasmine this year.
I can't remember having heard of these? I looked on Amazon and couldn't find them, so I guess they were Disney Store exclusives. I'm assuming they're no longer available, but what were they like? Clipartfest or something else?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"