"Featured Title" Question

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

"Featured Title" Question

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I just joined DMC and I feel pretty good about understanding the various terms and conditions, except the "Featured Title" bit.

If I just joined this week, will I be expected to pay for the August Featured Title? How soon will I get an email about it? Will the email include the link to say "no" to the title (I assume it would, but I just want to make sure).

I just want to know the process of declining the Featured Title so that I can easily do that in the future without worrying about it. I'm fine with the 5 title over 2 years commitment, their shipping rates and the general deals/offers they have.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Re: "Featured Title" Question

Post by Disney Guru »

If you log on to the website on the home page there will be a link to either accept or decline. Usually mid month is when the new featured title pops up, that usually when I login to make sure I decline it or accept it if it's something I'm interested in though I'm generally not. I personally stay a member mainly to get good deals on the exclusives when there's something I want or good deals on TV shows.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Disney Guru wrote:If you log on to the website on the home page there will be a link to either accept or decline. Usually mid month is when the new featured title pops up, that usually when I login to make sure I decline it or accept it if it's something I'm interested in though I'm generally not. I personally stay a member mainly to get good deals on the exclusives when there's something I want or good deals on TV shows.
Thank you. I just logged in and it says I have no featured title to respond to at this time, which is good!

I joined mainly for the blu-ray exclusives of the live-action classics like Swiss Family Robinson, Pollyanna, Old Yeller etc. I'm also glad to see the number of discounts available as well.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I had canceled DMC a few months ago, after having been a member since 2006, because I had received too many unordered movies in the past year. But, I rejoined a month or so ago...I got a Cinderella Featured Title card in the mail, but it didn't show up on my DMC homepage, and when I called the Automated line, Aladdin was my option. So, I'm going to have to mail in the postcard tomorrow and hope that it gets to Wisconsin in 8 days! Has this happened to anyone else? I'd hate to have my first month back in the club ruined by getting another unwanted movie.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Wow, I hope I don't have this problem... Long shipping periods don't bother me as much as receiving/paying for things I don't want. I know this section of the site, but is there anyone reading who's still a member of DMC that has these kinds of problems?

Of course, I had wanted to stay a member in the case of future exclusives/offers, but maybe I should just get in, buy what I need, and get back out before anything like this happens to me. :headshake: I only need to get 4 more movies before I can end it and there are enough exclusives I want that I can blow through that quota. I got Moana as my 1st purchase fulfillment, and a bunch of package/shorts films for my first 4 for $1. There's just Pooh's Grand Adventure, a few of the sequels I don't have any version of besides VHS and crazily would like to have (like B&tB: The Enchanted Christmas), and a couple of others I couldn't just pick up on Amazon.

EDIT: OMG, I just saw the special package for that TSitS re-release exclusive package from ages and ages ago is actually still available on there....! :o
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Hi! Since the issue I posted about all those years ago, I have not received unwanted selections. I'm not sure what was going on at that time period. I honestly think, except for that one issue, that DMC is worth staying in, as long as you remember to cancel your monthly selection if you don't want it. I don't buy nearly as many Disney movies as I used to- I didn't update to Blu, so I mostly just buy some new releases, but I'm actually tempted to start getting Blu + digital releases (if I ever have $), and DMC currently as all but a small handful (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, 101 D, TJB, TLM, some package films). You can't beat the deals- 50% to 60% off once you buy one at full price in the same order. Just can't beat the prices. That's why I stick around.
Disney's Divinity

Well, that's good to know. I never completed my Disney collection on Blu-ray. I just decided to get everything on Blu now, so I won't have to buy them again for the next 30+ years with everything going digital. :lol:

The full price for most of the movies on DMC is actually outrageous, I noticed today. I thought most of them would be $19.95, but really they're $27-37. :o That's crazy. So I won't be buying any of those exclusives until I fulfill the membership agreement. :roll: Too bad Disney doesn't distribute Ghibli films anymore; although they do have The Wind Rises on there.

EDIT: Never mind about the questions. The site updated. I think I'm going to buy the last 3 movies I need to buy to fill the agreement in a few days so I can be done and become VIP sooner.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

A few of my thoughts on this:

-Never buy mass market titles from the DMC

-Always reject the Featured Title

-Use the promotional options when you first open your membership to load up on Exclusives

-Only buy Exclusives for your mandatory purchases

-After you've bought your mandatory purchases, close your account and in a few month do it all over again
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity

I finished my member commitment a couple days ago. :) I was going to wait until I was VIP to decide what to do from there (see if the discounts were worth it at all). They had a 50% off on TV series deal this month even for non-VIP members, and I picked up the last three seasons of The Golden Girls I didn't have since that was cheaper than Amazon. I've already picked up the exclusives I wanted (Saludos-Caballeros, Pooh's Grand Adventure, Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas), but I'm thinking of getting The Weekenders, too.

I'm thinking I might pick up the Signature Collections for the titles I don't have on Blu-ray yet through DMC just because they come as 2-packs with the sequels. I wish the sequels never happened, but I do like some of them (in a TV quality way) and if I'm buying the original anyway, might as well get them together. *shrug* :P I wouldn't mind getting the Fox and the Hound Blu-ray through DMC, too, since the DMC cover's nicer than the regular.

If you do close out your account and then "start again" in a couple months, are you able to get the 4-movies-free-when-you-join deal again?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
If you do close out your account and then "start again" in a couple months, are you able to get the 4-movies-free-when-you-join deal again?
Yes. In fact, they might even send you a letter with a 5 movie offer after so many months since you close your original account down. Look for that.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity

Last questions to anyone reading who might know:

1. How long do you have to wait after closing out of DMC before you can do it all over again? Is there a definite time restriction for when you can start again or can you restart any time after?

2. I was really careful with what I bought to fill my purchase commitments the first time, because the details say 2-packs may be subject to different rules. Does anyone know from experience if 2-packs and/or TV series volumes don't count towards the commitment? If they did, I would try to buy The Weekenders for example. I only ask because I'd rather just get all 5 for my purchase commitment at the same time to spare myself some money in shipping and I don't want to screw it up.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Last questions to anyone reading who might know:

1. How long do you have to wait after closing out of DMC before you can do it all over again? Is there a definite time restriction for when you can start again or can you restart any time after?

2. I was really careful with what I bought to fill my purchase commitments the first time, because the details say 2-packs may be subject to different rules. Does anyone know from experience if 2-packs and/or TV series volumes don't count towards the commitment? If they did, I would try to buy The Weekenders for example. I only ask because I'd rather just get all 5 for my purchase commitment at the same time to spare myself some money in shipping and I don't want to screw it up.
This has been a few years (so things could change), but the last time I closed my account and re-opened it was between about a week to a month. You might be able to do this in a much shorter amount of time, but I personally haven't done any shorter.

Multi-disc sets should count towards your commitment. The issue they care about is cost of the unit. Good luck!

-Walt Disney
blackcauldron85

I just got my monthly featured selection email: The Book of Life and Toy Story of Terror (2 separate Blu-rays, of course, just offered together because they are "spooky"). Wasn't last month's or June's title Live Action TLK?
We're the Rio movies last month? There's obviously a lack of releases now, with theaters bring closed, new movies aren't coming out, so they're having to offer old stuff (Book of Life is new to the club, but I guess they don't want to offer an old film by itself).

With Fox/Blue Sky new to the club, I can foresee more double releases of Blue Sky or Fox titles...
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Interesting...

For me, this month it’s Coco and Book of Life. Last month was TLK ‘94 4K, and the month prior was Rio and Ferdinand.

Maybe they’re offering different titles to different members because they don’t have enough stock of the older movies to offer everyone the same thing?
blackcauldron85

I know that I had heard a while ago that different members do indeed get different monthly offers...I have no idea how they determine who gets what...I feel like I bought Coco from the club, but I also feel like I bought Toy Story of Terror from the club, so I'm not sure (Do they keep offering a film they know you've already bought? Or just in a different format, like if you bought Blu they'll offer 4K?)... But I think you might be onto something, if they're offering random sets of movies, they'll just make sets based on whatever "spooky" or Christmas or whatever movies they have to move stock of- that totally makes sense.

(excuse the typos on my previous post- I was typing on my phone!)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Interesting. I also had Coco and Book of Life this month, while last month my title was original Lion King, and the previous was Ferdinand and Spies in Disguise. The variety in options for users is pretty interesting, and kind of makes sense as we're still not getting too many new releases.
blackcauldron85

Just curious what you guys have for your monthly feature. Mine is Finding Nemo with Finding Dory. I seriously already bought these from the Club, so why are they trying to get me to buy them again?!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I had the same offer as you this month. I’ve also bought those movies, although different editions, from the club before.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I had the same offer, too. I also declined it, because I own them both already.
blackcauldron85

Did you guys get Home Alone 4K & Home Alone 2 Blu bundle? $29.99's not bad. I already own both (not on 4K, but I don't have a 4K TV) and my Home Alone digital code didn't work, but I could just buy it on digital to make the most $ sense.