Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Tangled TV Series in 2017

Post by ce1ticmoon »

^ I don't want to be too optimistic, but this is different from a lot of the past series, since it has a lot of the talent from the film returning to work on this. They've got a lot of big names in there. If they give it a bigger budget and have it be a relatively limited series, I think this could be a worthy entry in the Tangled-verse.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Ok, we can agree to disagree. But could you elaborate on why you consider the series inferior and how they're not faithful to the characters?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Bobby Pontaillas (WDAS animation) confimed that it's going to be 2d on Instagram
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Bobby Pontillas is no longer at WDAS. He joined DTVA about two months ago; he's actually working on the show as a character designer. That promo image though is not his work. That was done by Shane Prigmore.
Q: Is it going to be animated on Flash? Also, do you know the artist who did the piece above?

Bobby Pontillas: Artwork is by the amazing Shane Prigmore. I can't speak too much on technicalities just yet, but it will be a 2D show.
Source: https://instagram.com/p/3eg4_6ICrd/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

:o

I am so so so so so so excited about this ! What wonderful news ! Wow, Tangled really does harken back to the animated films of the 80's / 90's now as it's getting its own TV show, and that's another comparison I love.

I'm glad Mandy is back, though that's no great surprise as she always returns to Rapunzel in any format. But having Menken and Slater ?! Now that's fantastic ! Especially considering he wasn't invited back for Tangled Ever After...

As for the hair...it should be short and brown. No question; it symbolises Eugene's sacrifice for her., and her freedom. But I can see for promo purposes it will be long and blonde ? As that is her iconic look. I can imagine for an episode of the show Rapunzel may struggle with the fact of losing her hair, and wondering if that was the only thing that made her special .... Or something along those lines ?

Ah I am just SO EXCITED for this :D
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

jazzflower92 wrote:In other words, this is Aladdin the animated series 2.0.
Feh. This show wishes it could be as good as the Aladdin series. This show would be grateful to be on level with the Hercules TV series. Tbh, I'm more skeptical because their more recent ones (The Emperor's New School and Lilo & Stitch) are were pretty bad.
Kyle wrote:The long hair is back.
I hope nobody is surprised.

Btw, is Moore/Levi coming back supposed to be a special incentive? Most Disney film-to-TV series maintain their original voice actors (who are better than those two, btw...). It already looks to be more visually appealing than the movie, but Rapunzel's face looks odd in the promo.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

At least its 2D and a unique style with a lot of the original talent involved. I'm glad they're doing it now.
LADY Image CLUCK
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

I'm so glad that it's going to be in 2D!

So, if this promo image is from the series, does that mean that she is going to have long hair?
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

I can't wait to see it! In 2d!! I can't believe it!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well if its as good as Ariel's Undersea Adventures, I'll be thrilled. I personally found that to be the best out of the TV shows.

And yes it is an important incentive to have the actors reprise their roles Disney's Divinity, as no one else has played either character. So I presume this was to reassure fans that as much of the original is being maintained as possible.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

I wish this was coming out sooner than 2017. I can't say I've ever been this intrigued by something on Disney Junior :lol:
LADY Image CLUCK
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Lady Cluck wrote:I wish this was coming out sooner than 2017. I can't say I've ever been this intrigued by something on Disney Junior :lol:

Apparently it's not going to be on Disney Junior. It's a Disney Television Animation production for Disney Channel.

Press release from Disney Channel:
http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneychannel/
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Kyle wrote:The long hair is back. They released an official promo image.

And you're insane if you think it sends any kind of message like that. The show takes place between the events of the movie and the short. They wouldn't do a whole series about Rapunzel without her signature hair. Its common sense. It would be like doing a mermaid series without Ariel as a mermaid.
I don't like that style, to be honest. I find it too juvenile and awkward.
Agreed. Similar to the new Mickey Mouse cartoons where I really dislike the animation style. Personally, I find the mickey mouse cartoons quite hideous.

In a way kinda surprised they went for Tangled over a Frozen TV show. Really surprised. Not that Tangled doesn't deserve it but it seems weird that Disney wouldn't want to milk more money from Frozen.

Also kinda sad that poor Alan Menken has been demoted to TV series.
Music and lyrics was my big area of disappointment with the movie so I hope that is improved upon.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

I like Tangled but...it's the one narrative I felt to be the most complete. I think this would be more fitting for Wreck-it-Ralph or Big Hero 6 universe. Who wouldn't want to explore more of those worlds? I hope the Tangled TV series can be surprising in that aspect.

As for the explanation for the short hair. The magic of the golden flower could still be in Rapunzel's bodily fluids. Heck, maybe her hair grows back one day because Flynn (Eugene) does something so stupid to make Rapunzel cry and sing the song again. Maybe it was a cold. Maybe it was a PMS. Or maybe the Blue Fairy granted Rapunzel all her blond hair back. Just judging the quick green-lighting happening over at WDAS, anything could happen. The Mouse seems positive and confident these days.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Atlantica wrote:Well if its as good as Ariel's Undersea Adventures, I'll be thrilled. I personally found that to be the best out of the TV shows.
You have such an awesome taste! Shall we be friends? Haha!
I think this would be more fitting for Wreck-it-Ralph or Big Hero 6 universe. Who wouldn't want to explore more of those worlds?
Agreed. I do welcome a "Tangled" series, but an exploration of the other universes are more suitable, considering that they were made for exploration.
Agreed. Similar to the new Mickey Mouse cartoons where I really dislike the animation style. Personally, I find the mickey mouse cartoons quite hideous.
Thanks for agreeing :)
In a way kinda surprised they went for Tangled over a Frozen TV show. Really surprised. Not that Tangled doesn't deserve it but it seems weird that Disney wouldn't want to milk more money from Frozen.
True.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I was pretty meh about this news originally as Tangled is not my favorite of the Princess films, but it being 2d has me more interested. Hopefully Flynn wont annoy me as much as he did in the film.

and seriously you guys actually think they wouldn't have her with the blonde hair? It's Disney, the whole point of this show is to sell more princess toys and blonde princesses are top priority in their merch.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

This show's getting more interesting by the minute. Apparently, a veteran Disney animator is working on the show. I wonder who it is. It's probably someone who no longer works at WDAS. Could it be Glen Keane?
Steve Hullet wrote:I've seen the development of Tangled ticking along at Disney TVA. I'm told that the series will have a different look than the movie. And that a well-known veteran Disney animator has had input on the project.
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... ecret.html
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Candy-Bonita95 wrote:I like Tangled but...it's the one narrative I felt to be the most complete. I think this would be more fitting for Wreck-it-Ralph or Big Hero 6 universe. Who wouldn't want to explore more of those worlds?
DisneyFan09 wrote: Agreed. I do welcome a "Tangled" series, but an exploration of the other universes are more suitable, considering that they were made for exploration.
I was going to say the same thing. Tangled tied up loose ends and the world was all very self contained. I'm interested to seevwhere they are going to go with it. I wonder how well this universe will lend itself to short stories. This news really surprised me because this was not an obvious choice at all. Big Hero 6 would have worked really well but I guess where it is new, Disney needed more time to assess.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

There probably won't be any long term narratives or story arcs and it'll just be episode by episode mini adventures and fluff, so I don't think that's a major issue. I hope they go off the rails and introduce lots of new villains and whatnot like Aladdin did, but I bet it'll be more innocent and "princessy" than that for the girl audience (according to the executives :roll: )

Big Hero 6 and Wreck-It Ralph would be better for new self-contained adventures, but probably more difficult on a smaller budget too (especially WIR which has to look like real video games). I wouldn't be surprised if they made a BH6 tv show in addition to this, as "something for boys" (again - :roll: )
LADY Image CLUCK
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

I think it actually would be much easier if they based a Tv series on Sugar Rush.