Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2015

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2015

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Not the Golden Age shorts, but it'll do! Who knows where this might lead to... ;)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ce1ticmoon wrote:I'd say the line-up would possibly look like this:

John Henry
Destino
Lorenzo
One By One
The Little Match Girl
How to Hook Up Your Home Theater
Glago's Guest
Super Rhino
Tick Tock Tale
The Ballad of Nessie
Tangled Ever After
Paperman
Get a Horse!
Feast
Frozen Fever
According to this person, the set won't include "One by One", "Destino", and "Glago's Guest". If this turns out to be true, I'll be really upset. They didn't release "One by One" in HD on The Lion King 2 Blu-ray and now they're depriving it again from getting an HD treatment. :x

And what's with the omission of "Glago's Guest"? What's going on with that short? It was to be attached to the theatrical relrease of Bolt, only to be yanked at the last minute and never to be seen again. You'd think since it was directed by Chris Williams (co-director of BH6) and executive produced by Lasseter, they'd seize the opportunity to finally showcase the film. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Sotiris wrote:

According to this person, the set won't include "One by One", "Destino", and "Glago's Guest".

The list that this person made is less than 90 minutes, so I guess it's not the complete list...
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Better late than never.

Really hope it does include all of them. And man, would Runaway Brain be an awesome inclusion. I know it's all about Lasster's era nowadays, but they did do some fantastic stuff before he came into the picture. Runaway Brain is one of those things.

Also, yay for Lorenzo. Still have not seen it.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

looking forward to that shorts collection. Hopeful theyll include alot of the more obscure shorts.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Ehhh, this collection isn't really necessary IMO.
Could have just put Frozen Fever with Cinderella Blu-Ray release.
Would rather have other Blu-Ray releases. :(
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Matt wrote:Ehhh, this collection isn't really necessary IMO.
Could have just put Frozen Fever with Cinderella Blu-Ray release.
Would rather have other Blu-Ray releases. :(
True, but what about John Henry? Or One by One or Destino? Or Lorenzo (which, if I remember correctly, was put before a now long forgotten Touchstone rom-com and then vanished forever)? You may not be interested in it, and to some extent, it's presenting things we already have. Equally, the Frozen emphasis is probably a marketing gimmick. But it's still going to be worth getting, in my opinion.

Hopefully this coming suggests that more things are on their way around the same time. And of course, it would be nice for some vintage shorts... ;)
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

I was fortunate enough to catch Lorenzo before Raising Helen years ago. It wasn't on my radar but it was wickedly clever and delightful.

Can't wait to see it again.

I have One by One. It's a bonus attached to the digital copy of Lion King 2 on Disney Movies Anywhere.

And I would love to finally see Glago's Ghost and Tick Tock Tale!
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

So is Frozen Fever going to be on the Cinderella bluray or not?

Hopefully the new Shorts collection will sell well enough that Disney will consider re-releasing the old ones.
wink wink
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

Sotiris wrote:According to this person, the set won't include "One by One", "Destino", and "Glago's Guest". If this turns out to be true, I'll be really upset. They didn't release "One by One" in HD on The Lion King 2 Blu-ray and now they're depriving it again from getting an HD treatment. :x

And what's with the omission of "Glago's Guest"? What's going on with that short? It was to be attached to the theatrical relrease of Bolt, only to be yanked at the last minute and never to be seen again. You'd think since it was directed by Chris Williams (co-director of BH6) and executive produced by Lasseter, they'd seize the opportunity to finally showcase the film. :shrug:
Yeah, I saw that.... There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which pre-Lasseter films are making this collection. Some have already been released on Blu, others haven't... I guess I'll take what I can get, but I hope that his information was out of date and that they've added some of the missing ones....
Mr arrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mr arrow »

Both links to Amazon and Barnes and Noble are reading as unavailable at the moment re Disney shorts...not sure what that means but I'm not getting my hopes up...we've been here before ....can anyone confirm? Might be a temporary thing...
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

So apparently, we may hope that a 2-movie collection of 'Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros' and also 'The Black Cauldron' blu-ray will be released this year, even if nothing is official by now. Here's the source: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... count=1693

Maybe those 2 Blu-ray will be released in August for Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment loves to release its classic movies in August ^^

But apparently the 2-movie collection of 'Make Mine Music/Melody Time' isn't scheduled for this year... Maybe in August 2016.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Interestingly enough, Make Mine Music and Melody Time are the only two WDAC films not available for Digital HD. I'm guessing those are still currently under a restoration process, as you can already purchase Amigos, Caballeros and Cauldron in HD on iTunes, Vudu etc.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

DancingCrab wrote:Interestingly enough, Make Mine Music and Melody Time are the only two WDAC films not available for Digital HD. I'm guessing those are still currently under a restoration process, as you can already purchase Amigos, Caballeros and Cauldron in HD on iTunes, Vudu etc.
Yes I noticed that as well. Hmmmm, Disney is up to something and I'm hoping it's good lol! I want all the animated classics on Blu-Ray and HD Digital. I cannot wait for Aladdin this year! :D :milkbuds:
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

^This news excites me!

After all the DACs are finally released on Blu-Ray, I'll probably stop collecting every release they do...even if they still do physical media I probably won't buy anymore copies of films I already own.

I bought VHS, DVD, and now Blu....I think this is the end for me.

And honestly, I've kinda lost interest in the films except for a few like "Mermaid", "Lion King", & "Aladdin" and the new films don't amuse me any.

I wonder if Pixar will eventually release WALL-E in 3D....
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

DancingCrab wrote:Interestingly enough, Make Mine Music and Melody Time are the only two WDAC films not available for Digital HD. I'm guessing those are still currently under a restoration process, as you can already purchase Amigos, Caballeros and Cauldron in HD on iTunes, Vudu etc.
I noticed this months ago, but I think yours is an interesting theory. It's certainly more optimistic than mine, in which I fear Disney is deliberately hell-bent on destroying the world population's collective memory of both Make Mine Music and Melody Time with the intention of silencing online Disney fans who insist the films be released uncut. :cry:
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

tlc38tlc38 wrote: After all the DACs are finally released on Blu-Ray, I'll probably stop collecting every release they do...even if they still do physical media I probably won't buy anymore copies of films I already own.
I started doing this since the Platinum line ended. The only re-releases I've bought since then have been the B&tB and TLM Diamonds. And I've only bought TP&TF and Frozen of their new films.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Trailer for the Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection (revealing the titles in the set which also coming to streaming)!:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YUXMM2W

UPDATE: Official announcement!!!: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/frozen-fev ... 00832.html
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Full List for those who don't wish to click the links:

John Henry (2000)
Lorenzo (2004)
The Little Matchgirl (2006)
How to Hook Up Your Home Theater (2007)
Prep and Landing: Operation Secret Santa (2010)
Tick Tock Tale (2010)
The Ballad of Nessie (2011)
Tangled Ever After (2012)
Paperman (2012)
Get a Horse (2013)
Feast (2014)
Frozen Fever (2015)

I'm still confused by the exclusion of other 2000s shorts: "Grievance of a Starmaker" (2002), "Destino" (2003), "One By One" (2004), "The Cat Who Looked at a King" (2004), & "Glago's Guest" (2008).

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Escapay wrote:I'm still confused by the exclusion of other 2000s shorts: "Grievance of a Starmaker" (2002), "Destino" (2003), "One By One" (2004), "The Cat Who Looked at a King" (2004), & "Glago's Guest" (2008).
The abscence of "Grievance of a Starmaker" and "The Cat Who Looked at a King" makes sense because those weren't produced by WDAS. However, the abscence of the rest of the shorts you mentioned absolutely doesn't. I'm most upset about the exclusion of "One By One". It's ridiculous we're not getting an HD version of that beautiful short. :x
ImageImageImageImageImageImage