Space Jam: A New Legacy

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Space Jam: A New Legacy

Post by disneyboy20022 »

LeBron James to Star in Space Jam 2
http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/02/21/le ... ace-jam-2/
Three days after Michael Jordan’s birthday, Warner Bros. announced that they’re moving forward with a sequel to his 1996 film Space Jam with Miami Heat star LeBron James set to head up the film.

This is one of those projects that people have been talking about half-jokingly for years (as the fan art above proves), so it’s interesting to see it come to fruition just as James–who broke his nose in a game this week–could use a change of headlines.

Deadline reports that the sons of broadcasting legend Dick Ebersol are involved as writer/producers:

“Charlie Ebersol, who already has a good relationship with the NFL through his NFL Characters Unite series on USA Network, is about ready to do the same with the NBA,” the report says. “He has been brought on to the produce the picture through his production company, The Company, from a script by his brother Willie Ebersol. The latter won an Emmy for the London Olympics. This is his first screenplay.”

The original Space Jam made more than $200 million globally as well as driving significant licensing and merchandising revenue for Warner Bros.
In My Opinion, this movie needed to happen 15 years ago and I think too much time has passed.

Though I'll give it a shot and I'm not saying it's going to bomb right now as that would be premature given we don't even have a trailer yet or a plot description

EDIT

Apparently This is not happening so it's a false alarm. I'm sad yet glad at the same time
Last edited by disneyboy20022 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: Space Jam 2 Starring LeBron James Is Happening

Post by Avaitor »

The original is one of the worst thing to ever happen to the Looney Tunes, and this looks to be no better.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Does the new generation of children even know the Looney Tunes? I know they were always on TV when I was a child along with The Flintstones, Smurfs, etc., which is why my parents took my sister and me to see Space Jam, but I didn't know those shows were on channels anymore (besides early hours children shouldn't be awake...).

But now that I think about it, the Smurfs and Chipmunks CG monstrosities were hits. :/
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I can't wait to see this! :D
MovieMan995
Limited Issue

Post by MovieMan995 »

And....it turned out to be a hoax.
Well it was fun while it lasted. LeBron sources refute Deadline report, there's no Space Jam 2 or Warner Bros. project in works
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statu ... 7922978816
"For ever laugh there should be a tear". -Walt Disney
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Aaawwwww :( :( :( :( :( :(
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

That's a huge relief (though no big surprise). The only way I want to see the Looney Tunes are with the original classic shorts. None of this new Looney Tunes Show garbage. I'll admit I saw and liked the first Space Jam as a kid, but it's not really something I want to revisit as an adult. I rented the second movie and it just bored me to death.

I remember reading another joke article where they announced were going to make a sequel to Shaq Fu (a REALLY bad video game from the 90s).
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Does the new generation of children even know the Looney Tunes? I know they were always on TV when I was a child along with The Flintstones, Smurfs, etc., which is why my parents took my sister and me to see Space Jam, but I didn't know those shows were on channels anymore (besides early hours children shouldn't be awake...).

But now that I think about it, the Smurfs and Chipmunks CG monstrosities were hits. :/
Eh, Cartoon Network does show the original shorts now, but early on in the day when most kids are at school. But they are right before Tom & Jerry, which are still pretty popular.

And there was The Looney Tunes Show, which was a hit for a little while.
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

OMG, seriously?! This makes me so happy and yet so afraid....sequels normally tend to be....yeah. after the disaster that was Looney Tunes: Back in Action (and I'm not even going to ACKNOWLEDGE the utter s@%& that was The Looney Tunes Show), I can only cross my fingers and hope this film is done well.
"Grandma says you have to leave because you're ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak." -Napoleon Dynamite

Image Image
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

MovieMan995 wrote:And....it turned out to be a hoax.
Well it was fun while it lasted. LeBron sources refute Deadline report, there's no Space Jam 2 or Warner Bros. project in works
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statu ... 7922978816
THANK GOD. I don't think I could sit through another one. :huh:
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

Glad to hear it's not happening. It would have been garbage, as I can see them somehow incorporating LeBron's "decision" in the film.

It has been some time since I've seen "Space Jam", but I remember liking it at the time. And even recall some moments where they made fun of Disney.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Does the new generation of children even know the Looney Tunes? I know they were always on TV when I was a child along with The Flintstones, Smurfs, etc., which is why my parents took my sister and me to see Space Jam, but I didn't know those shows were on channels anymore (besides early hours children shouldn't be awake...).

The Looney Toons Show is recent enough, regardless of quality.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Cartoon Network gained exclusive airing rights to the Looney Tunes in 2000. Then they removed them their lineup in 2004, after "Back in Action" bombed, which was actually a self-inflicted consequence from corporate feuding. The Looney Tunes Show is part of an effort to re-introduce these characters to a generation that may not know who Bugs Bunny is, despite continued DVD releases.

I am absolutely glad to know that Space Jam 2 is fake. If WB is serious about doing another Looney Tunes movie, they need to let Bugs Bunny and friends carry their own film. They've been around far longer than Michael Jordan or any other lame celeb they're paired with (and as you can tell, Jordan has become a faded icon from the 90s), so you'd think WB would have more faith in their iconic characters.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Former SNL performer Jenny Slate is actually currently writing a new Looney Tunes movie for Warner Brothers. I read an interview she did where she talked about watching so many of the original cartoons to get the right sense of humour for the project, so it definitely seems like they've hired somebody who cares about the characters.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

estefan wrote:Former SNL performer Jenny Slate is actually currently writing a new Looney Tunes movie for Warner Brothers. I read an interview she did where she talked about watching so many of the original cartoons to get the right sense of humour for the project, so it definitely seems like they've hired somebody who cares about the characters.
If in the subtle humor of Jones and the delightful insanity of Clampett, I would pay my left hand to see this. :D
Semaj wrote:

Cartoon Network gained exclusive airing rights to the Looney Tunes in 2000. Then they removed them their lineup in 2004, after "Back in Action" bombed, which was actually a self-inflicted consequence from corporate feuding. The Looney Tunes Show is part of an effort to re-introduce these characters to a generation that may not know who Bugs Bunny is, despite continued DVD releases.

I am absolutely glad to know that Space Jam 2 is fake. If WB is serious about doing another Looney Tunes movie, they need to let Bugs Bunny and friends carry their own film. They've been around far longer than Michael Jordan or any other lame celeb they're paired with (and as you can tell, Jordan has become a faded icon from the 90s), so you'd think WB would have more faith in their iconic characters.
Cartoon Network put the original Looney Tunes back to it's lineup two years ago.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

A hoax?????

GAAAH. I R incredibly sad now. :cry:
"Grandma says you have to leave because you're ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak." -Napoleon Dynamite

Image Image
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Eh, we're getting another show instead.
Wabbit - A Looney Tunes Production: The hilarious, heroic and mischievous Bugs Bunny you love is back! From Warner Bros. Animation, Bugs stars in an all-new series consisting of comedic shorts that find the iconic carrot-loving rabbit matching wits against (and getting the best of) classic characters like Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. Along the way, Bugs will encounter brand-new foes?and he?ll have some help from new friends like Bigfoot and Squeaks the squirrel.
Already I can tell that this won't be as much of an abomination as another Space Jam would be. Or like the first one was. :P
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Updates

Original 'Space Jam' Director Warns Against Doing a Sequel: "Don't Do It. It's Doomed"
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... med-892033

Justin Lin Circling 'Space Jam' Sequel Starring LeBron James
https://deadline.com/2016/05/justin-lin ... 201747767/

Justin Lin shares Space Jam 2 update: 'We're getting closer every day'
https://ew.com/movies/2017/08/01/justin ... -2-update/

Ryan Coogler To Produce ‘Space Jam 2’; Terence Nance To Direct LeBron James
https://deadline.com/2018/09/ryan-coogl ... 202467795/

Malcolm D. Lee Takes Over As Director On ‘Space Jam 2’
https://deadline.com/2019/07/space-jam- ... 202646887/

Don Cheadle Jumps Into Warner Bros.’ ‘Space Jam 2’
https://deadline.com/2019/07/don-cheadl ... 202645143/

‘Star Trek: Discovery’s’ Sonequa Martin-Green Joins LeBron James in ‘Space Jam 2’
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/sone ... 203174107/

Why Warner Bros. Hasn't Found LeBron James' 'Space Jam' Team Yet
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... et-1200696

‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Cinematographer Bradford Young Expected To Shoot ‘Space Jam 2’
https://hnentertainment.co/solo-a-star- ... ace-jam-2/

‘Space Jam 2’ Character Breakdowns and Plot Details
http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/ ... t-details/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Re: Space Jam 2

Post by Sotiris »

Logo. The title is horrible. Couldn't they've called it "Space Jam: Legacy"? "A New Legacy" sounds more like a tagline than a subtitle.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/SpaceJamMovie/ ... 787353474/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Re: Space Jam 2

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Has this ANY chache of being good !???

Can't they make a movie only staring trhe Lonny Tunes instead with live action hunam in supporting rolre instead like this year's Tom & Jerry, The Bill Muarry Garfiled movies or Alvin and the Chipmunks movies ??? INSTEAD !!

I would much rather have that than Space Jam 2 :x :x :x