Frozen Directors Will Reunite for New Disney Project

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Frozen Directors Will Reunite for New Disney Project

Post by Sotiris »

Jennifer Lee says that she and Chris Buck will stay together to work on future projects. Lee and Buck teamed up for the first time last year to direct Disney's Frozen - a movie that has gone on to be a critical and commercial hit. And it looks like it could be as early as this summer when they start thinking about a new project.

Speaking at their post-winning Bafta press conference, Lee said: "We are going to say together, I think." Buck continued, "Yeah we make a good team. We will probably go back into development in the summer time, and start thinking about some new ideas."
Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/mov ... 24959.html
Q: Do you have set future projects?

Peter del Vecho: I don't have an exact movie in mind that I will go onto next, but I feel that this team -- myself, along with Chris Buck and Jen Lee -- we work very, very well together so I believe we will be developing a new project. But I don't know what that is right now.
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/f ... ors-692198
Chris Buck wrote:Everyone's asking if there will be a 'Frozen 2', but at the Studio there's been absolutely no talk about it. Jen and I will start working on something different in the upcoming months, and then development will begin, but no word on a sequel!
Source: https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/frozen-dire ... 00275.html
She and Buck are taking some time off before tackling their next project. “We don’t know what it is yet,” she says. But she assures that it won’t be “Frozen 2.” At least not yet. “We’re actually going to start from scratch. It’ll be something completely brand new. Those are our marching orders. Start over with what you’re passionate about.”
Source: http://variety.com/2014/film/awards/fro ... 201216961/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Frozen Directors Will Reunite for New Disney Project

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I knew that they will be partners like Musker and Clements! Look forward to see what they'll do next! :dance:
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Please let it be that Sci-Fi film that Jennifer Lee wants to make. XD
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

taei wrote:Please let it be that Sci-Fi film that Jennifer Lee wants to make. XD
It could be that scrapped one! :o
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
taei wrote:Please let it be that Sci-Fi film that Jennifer Lee wants to make. XD
It could be that scrapped one! :o
You mean that untitled teenage space race movie?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

TsWade2 wrote:You mean that untitled teenage space race movie?
Yeah.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Byron Howard & Nathan Greno "the co-directors of Tangled" have their future features "Zootopia & Giants". Now Chris Buck & Jennifer Lee "co-directors of Frozen" will choose a new project. But nothing for new for Rich Moore "director of Wreck-It Ralph"?
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

DisneyEra wrote:Byron Howard & Nathan Greno "the co-directors of Tangled" have their future features "Zootopia & Giants". Now Chris Buck & Jennifer Lee "co-directors of Frozen" will choose a new project. But nothing for new for Rich Moore "director of Wreck-It Ralph"?
Isn't he working on the sequel?
-Brave.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

taei wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:Byron Howard & Nathan Greno "the co-directors of Tangled" have their future features "Zootopia & Giants". Now Chris Buck & Jennifer Lee "co-directors of Frozen" will choose a new project. But nothing for new for Rich Moore "director of Wreck-It Ralph"?
Isn't he working on the sequel?
I've heard nothing about a sequeal to WiR as of late. Only Frozen has been talked about for a sequeal. With Frozen approaching a billion $ worldwide & Big Hero 6 coming out in 8 months, I don't think we are going to hear about a sequeal to WiR at all. Even a short would be nice, like Tangled's.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

DisneyEra wrote: I've heard nothing about a sequeal to WiR as of late. Only Frozen has been talked about for a sequeal. With Frozen approaching a billion $ worldwide & Big Hero 6 coming out in 8 months, I don't think we are going to hear about a sequeal to WiR at all. Even a short would be nice, like Tangled's.
So sad. Wreck it Ralph is the only movie from the current new ones that deserves a sequel.
-Brave.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

So no Frozen 2 ?
frankf3
Gold Classic Collection

Post by frankf3 »

I still think Frozen 2 is a strong possibility of happening. I would love to see a sequel to Wreck It Ralph since Rich Moore can do so much to expand the video game universe.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That's nice to hear. Who knows if lightning can strike twice, but hopefully I'll enjoy the film at least. I know Musker & Clements films are some of my favorites even though they never really managed to top TLM or Aladdin from an objective standpoint.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyEra wrote:I've heard nothing about a sequeal to WiR as of late. Only Frozen has been talked about for a sequeal. With Frozen approaching a billion $ worldwide & Big Hero 6 coming out in 8 months, I don't think we are going to hear about a sequeal to WiR at all. Even a short would be nice, like Tangled's.
Wait, are you a Disney insider?