Frozen: Part V

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Frozen: Part V

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Warm Regards wrote:What are you talking about? Elsa is marvelous in the trailer. :P

I didn't even notice her until someone pointed her out :roll: :roll: :roll:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Ok..So I don't get the scene where Anna is walking in the palace. (In the halloween tv spot)

Her hair is clearly brown... and if i recall, in the books, she leaves the arandelle palace in her green dress and doesn't go back until she needs hans to break the spell. But in the scene where Kristoff is carrying her to safety she has white hair... curiouser and curiouser...
Man, I love Anna. I never really cared for Elsa. Anna is probably gonna be one of my all time favorite female characters.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

taei wrote:Ok..So I don't get the scene where Anna is walking in the palace. (In the halloween tv spot)

Her hair is clearly brown... and if i recall, in the books, she leaves the arandelle palace in her green dress and doesn't go back until she needs hans to break the spell. But in the scene where Kristoff is carrying her to safety she has white hair... curiouser and curiouser...
Man, I love Anna. I never really cared for Elsa. Anna is probably gonna be one of my all time favorite female characters.
It might be the scene where..

Anna is mourning for the death of her parents and she heads to Elsa's bedroom door to ask Elsa if she was alright. Unknown to her, Elsa's room is covered in ice because of her repressed emotions on the tragedy.

November, please hurry up. :P :P
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

taei wrote:Ok..So I don't get the scene where Anna is walking in the palace. (In the halloween tv spot)

I've read the entire book . . . The scene where Kristoff is carrying Anna takes place after all of those events you reference, where something has happened causing Anna's hair to white. The scene they keep showing where Olaf yells Let's go save summer is later in the film and from what I can tell, they took dialogue from earlier in the movie and superiors end it there.
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

Some sites have been reporting some quotes by Brenda Chapman where she allegedly criticized those 'sexist' quotes.

Her response (if it is indeed her):
BRENDA CHAPMAN | OCTOBER 17, 2013 10:12 AMREPLY

I couldn't agree with your article more! As was DiSalvo's quote, my comments were taken out of context, as well. It's very disheartening, the lack of integrity that goes into some reporting. The article in question was a jumble of out of context thoughts and quotes and in the end, didn't really come to a point.
I would very much like to set the record straight in regards to my reaction to DiSalvo's quote. If she had continued on with my own quote of my initial reaction of being "appalled", it would have gone against the type of article she wanted to write. I continued on to say that then I put his quote in the context of what he was really discussing, which were the characters specifically in FROZEN. And it made perfect sense. The two characters, I believe, are sisters (what I gleaned from the trailer) - maybe even twins - I don't know because I have not yet seen it. Of course, if they look so much alike, it would be difficult to give them individual expressions and make them feel like different people. I was actually trying to defend the poor guy! His only mistake was to use the word "pretty" instead of "appealing"... which I have no doubt was his meaning behind it. As with the TIME article, my words have been taken out of context way too often - so I did recognize it in DiSalvo's.
My other comments were about the industry in general needing more variety in female characters - both physically and character personality - and NOT at Frozen, which I am very much looking forward to seeing.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... r-20131015
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

All new long-awaited Frozen trailer !!!
Featuring Elsa, and song "For the first time in forever"!
Epic and magic at last! ;)
http://v.playbill.com/services/player/b ... nJsQIaFNkH
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

:o Holy crap....a great trailer...for English speaking audiences? What a delightful surprise. :)
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Prince Kido wrote:All new long-awaited Frozen trailer !!!
Featuring Elsa, and song "For the first time in forever"!
Epic and magic at last! ;)
http://v.playbill.com/services/player/b ... nJsQIaFNkH
The video is not working for me and I haven't seen it yet.. :( :(

If someone can upload it to YT I would be very happy :) :)

EDIT: Nevermind! I found it on YT!

Oh.. My.. God...

This trailer is without a doubt the BEST TRAILER for a Disney film in YEARS!! YEARS MAN!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

:D

It seems they finally heard the criticism and made a trailer that focused more on the drama & story. And most of all they are comparing this movie to the Lion King. I just got a hint this will defiantly be in leagues with it. Also that music is fantastic I cannot wait to hear it when it comes into theatres.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

After sitting on the fence for a long time, I actually fancy it now I've seen the full trailer.
Last edited by MeerkatKombat on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

I am defiantly feeling the Broadway influence in the songs. If it was ever made into a Broadway show I defiantly see it having more Wicked inspired songs.

Yep, as I said before this is defiantly Wicked meets The Snow Queen.

The Academy Awards and Oscars will defiantly fall in love with Frozen showing that Disney has gain its mojo back.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Wow. I've been neutral towards this movie, because I haven't been tr, but after seeing this trailer, I'm finally looking forward to see it.

The small trolls look so cute. And "For the first time in Forever" sounds marvelous. It gave me goosebumps.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

:milkbuds:

This trailer is so good that I just can't help playing it over and over again.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

So glad to see Disney put out a trailer that says "we're proud to be Disney". Outstanding trailer.

Also, thanks for posting tha quote from Brenda Chapman - glad to have a strong voice in the industry come out and defend him. Put the crazies in their place.
Last edited by SWillie! on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

WOW!! Now THAT--That was a proper Disney musical trailer! Seriously I mean they still had the comedy in there but they actually showed the story in a way that was more epic and didn't shy away from the serious bits! In other words... It is like an actual trailer Disney released in the 90s!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Tristy wrote:WOW!! Now THAT--That was a proper Disney musical trailer! Seriously I mean they still had the comedy in there but they actually showed the story in a way that was more epic and didn't shy away from the serious bits! In other words... It is like an actual trailer Disney released in the 90s!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
My thoughts exactly. :D

Bravo new Disney, bravo. :) :) :clap: :clap:
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

I won't lie to you guys, I almost teared up the first time I watched this trailer.. Specifically after they mentioned Lion King.

THIS is what I've been waiting for since 2008.

Disney, go plaster this to EVERYTHING. I know i'm dragging everyone I know to watch it.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

WHOOPEE! :pink:

Despite that it's in CG, it gotta be a hit! That trailer was better than the first one.

Applaud everyone!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: