Frozen: Part V

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Re: Frozen: Part V

Post by Musical Master »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Well, that explains the army snowmen from last year's disappearence.

AND LET IT GO OMG. AMAZING!

What happened to that other verse? I guess The Past is the Past is an actual song?
WOW!! :o :o Idina Menzel OWNS this song!

Now I really want the soundtrack.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
tomakpo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tomakpo »

I wouldn't think "The Past is In The Past" is an actual song just because the doll didn't sung that :lol: Maybe Let It Go is longer than we think.
Idina is amazing, by the way! Loved it
TheBlibaBlob
Limited Issue

Post by TheBlibaBlob »

http://www.stereoscopynews.com/hotnews/ ... weast.html

Just for any of you who live there.
frankf3
Gold Classic Collection

Post by frankf3 »

"Let It Go" just sounds fantastic! I really can't wait to hear the rest of it with the animation for the scene. :)
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

TheBlibaBlob wrote:http://www.stereoscopynews.com/hotnews/ ... weast.html

Just for any of you who live there.
Okay, someone needs to see this and give a BIG and DETAILED review of Frozen!

The wait is killing me.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

tomakpo wrote:I wouldn't think "The Past is In The Past" is an actual song just because the doll didn't sung that :lol: Maybe Let It Go is longer than we think.
Part of the animation process included bringing in Idina Menzel to talk to DiSalvo, where up to 60 different animators were crammed into one small room to learn and discuss techniques, singing, and most important aspect of all: breathing. Animators would take video recordings of Menzel singing “The Past Is In The Past” and watch subtle things like diaphragm movement, neck tension, cloth, lighting, and breathing. If it would make the performance more believable, it will be included. According to the animation team, there has to be a certain level of believability that needs to be there before the shot could be approved.

http://www.movieviral.com/2013/10/07/50 ... ys-frozen/
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

^True, but if you remember the (unconfirmed but so far accurate) lyrics:
My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystalizes like an icy blast
I’m never going back
The past is in the past
tomakpo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tomakpo »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
tomakpo wrote:I wouldn't think "The Past is In The Past" is an actual song just because the doll didn't sung that :lol: Maybe Let It Go is longer than we think.
Part of the animation process included bringing in Idina Menzel to talk to DiSalvo, where up to 60 different animators were crammed into one small room to learn and discuss techniques, singing, and most important aspect of all: breathing. Animators would take video recordings of Menzel singing “The Past Is In The Past” and watch subtle things like diaphragm movement, neck tension, cloth, lighting, and breathing. If it would make the performance more believable, it will be included. According to the animation team, there has to be a certain level of believability that needs to be there before the shot could be approved.

http://www.movieviral.com/2013/10/07/50 ... ys-frozen/
I know, but that website had some little mistakes, this may be one too. I don't think it's a coincidence there's a song called like that after lyrics like that leaked before. Maybe it's a reprise!
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Musical Master wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:Well, that explains the army snowmen from last year's disappearence.

AND LET IT GO OMG. AMAZING!

What happened to that other verse? I guess The Past is the Past is an actual song?
WOW!! :o :o Idina Menzel OWNS this song!

Now I really want the soundtrack.
DAMN! That was--WOW!! I want to hear the thing now with music because I know now it will definitely kick ass!
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

1. I think the song might be like 4 or 5 minutes in length... She's building her castle.. It won't take 2 minutes.

2. I think I might be the only one who is not that impressed with Let it Go.... The lyrics don't really seem that good... It's not poetic at all... I mean, what we heard at the expo was amazing, but this verse in the doll. I don't know.. I'm just not feeling it.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

taei wrote:1. I think the song might be like 4 or 5 minutes in length... She's building her castle.. It won't take 2 minutes.

2. I think I might be the only one who is not that impressed with Let it Go.... The lyrics don't really seem that good... It's not poetic at all... I mean, what we heard at the expo was amazing, but this verse in the doll. I don't know.. I'm just not feeling it.
I for one think that Kristen Lopez's lyrics work for Elsa's character and we still need to see the movie visually with the song and maybe there is a chance that it will be much better than hearing it from a doll.
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

"Let It Go" is for me a very great and fabulous song.
I heard it twice at some private presentations of Frozen in France with an unfinal music background (I hope some instrumental parts didn't change though because there's a part with a piano I adored!), which brings a lot of depth and magnitude.
The entire song might be 4 minutes, maybe a little less.
I remember that everyone at both presentations was amazed by this song and that most of us thought it was one of the best Disney songs for a while.
Not to mention that if you add the visuals (animation etc...), it makes a key scene in the movie that is memorable, especially when I was lucky enough to see the previous scene, so it helped a lot to be IN the movie and feel for Elsa.
Oh, and sure she says "the past is in the past" at some moment. It is the culminating part I would say and Idina Menzel is amazing, because the song is going crescendo, a bit like "Defying Gravity" in Wicked.
I also remembered that Elsa's acting and way to move in this song is particularly brilliant and close to Idina, so I can understand and visualize the diaphragme thing. ;)
The doll song version seems a little flat to me and frustrating as I know the full song by heart and heard it several times...
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

Thanks again for the info.

I wonder if the (presumed) Anna-Elsa duet at the end will be a reprise or a new song. Chris Buck did mention 7 songs which have all been accounted for, every chance he could have been a little off though.
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

About that Duet...

Remember how those singing dolls sing different songs matching together ?

What if, at the end of the movie, Anna was singing a reprise of FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER and Elsa a reprise of LET IT GO, both, together, with the two songs answering to each other then melting into one only song ??? ... would be amazing !!!!
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

^I'm thinking that too.

BTW: FOOTAGE OF LET IT GO

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6COUHrleWk[/youtube]
TheBlibaBlob
Limited Issue

Post by TheBlibaBlob »

Prince Kido wrote:"Let It Go" is for me a very great and fabulous song.
I heard it twice at some private presentations of Frozen in France with an unfinal music background (I hope some instrumental parts didn't change though because there's a part with a piano I adored!), which brings a lot of depth and magnitude.
The entire song might be 4 minutes, maybe a little less.
I remember that everyone at both presentations was amazed by this song and that most of us thought it was one of the best Disney songs for a while.
Not to mention that if you add the visuals (animation etc...), it makes a key scene in the movie that is memorable, especially when I was lucky enough to see the previous scene, so it helped a lot to be IN the movie and feel for Elsa.
Oh, and sure she says "the past is in the past" at some moment. It is the culminating part I would say and Idina Menzel is amazing, because the song is going crescendo, a bit like "Defying Gravity" in Wicked.
I also remembered that Elsa's acting and way to move in this song is particularly brilliant and close to Idina, so I can understand and visualize the diaphragme thing. ;)
The doll song version seems a little flat to me and frustrating as I know the full song by heart and heard it several times...
Not sure if you would be allowed to do this, but could you rate what you've seen of the film on a scale of 1-10?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Demi Lovato recorded a song (and shot a music video) for Frozen. This must be the end credits song Jennifer Lee talked about on Twitter.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

For real, it's Demi? :| (No disrespect, I was personally hoping for Adele is all.)
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

CALLED IT! Perfect choice! :) :) :) :)
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Sotiris wrote:Demi Lovato recorded a song (and shot a music video) for Frozen. This must be the end credits song Jennifer Lee talked about on Twitter.
I'm cool with that. Hell, she's better than Miley Cyrus and she's the judge on the X Factor.