Mickey Mouse in "Get a Horse!"

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Re: Mickey Mouse in "Get a Horse!"

Post by TsWade2 »

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! More scoop of Get A Horse!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/22/o ... irst-look/
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Well I'll be! Looking at the pic, it's not half bad! :D
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Judging by the way Mickey looks, he almost looks as though he was hand-drawn and the rest was literally filled in with CG.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

This looks great. Too bad it probably won't be on DVD anytime soon. Still, Itunes.

I also like how people are already getting confused by it.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

ajmrowland wrote:This looks great. Too bad it probably won't be on DVD anytime soon. Still, Itunes.
It will probably be on the Frozen DVD/Blu, don't forget that.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Was it announced to be accompanying Frozen?
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

ajmrowland wrote:Was it announced to be accompanying Frozen?
It was and will.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:Was it announced to be accompanying Frozen?
It was and will.
Ah, Nice!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Telluride: ‘Gravity’ Dazzles Fest Audiences So How Is Mickey Mouse Stealing The Show?
http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/telluri ... -the-show/

SPARK Animation 2013 Kicks Off In Great Style With a Horse & a Mouse! [Vancouver]
http://www.rowthree.com/2013/09/12/spar ... vancouver/

2013 Ottawa Animation Festival Day 3 - Eric Goldberg is in the House!
http://www.awn.com/blogs/animated-trave ... berg-house
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I've found a brief clip from the short. You can watch it here.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Sotiris wrote:I've found a brief clip from the short. You can watch it here.
That looks mighty impressive from a technical point of view. And it looks fun.

I smell a second Oscar for WDAS' short program.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

PatrickvD wrote:I smell a second Oscar for WDAS' short program.
It will definitely be nominated but I doubt it'll win. It seems the Academy is not very fond of Mickey. A short featuring Mickey Mouse only won once with "Lend a Paw" and there Mickey was a minor character.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

On the other hand, the rules recently changed to allow the entire Academy to vote, rather than just simply those in the animation and shorts branches. I think this will lead to the more populist choice winning, rather than the more artistic variety that tends to winning the Animated Short category.

Although if you look at the history of Mickey shorts nominated, they either competed against a Silly Symphony or Tom & Jerry during the classic era, both of which hold the record for the animated shorts series with the most wins. And Runaway Brain lost to a Nick Park short, specifically a Wallace & Gromit. So I don't think Mickey lost in those years because of disinterest in the character, but because of his competition.

Though I can't give an argument for why Mickey's Christmas Carol lost. Don't understand what the Academy's voters saw in Sundae in New York.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

estefan wrote:On the other hand, the rules recently changed to allow the entire Academy to vote, rather than just simply those in the animation and shorts branches. I think this will lead to the more populist choice winning, rather than the more artistic variety that tends to winning the Animated Short category.

Although if you look at the history of Mickey shorts nominated, they either competed against a Silly Symphony or Tom & Jerry during the classic era, both of which hold the record for the animated shorts series with the most wins. And Runaway Brain lost to a Nick Park short, specifically a Wallace & Gromit. So I don't think Mickey lost in those years because of disinterest in the character, but because of his competition.

Though I can't give an argument for why Mickey's Christmas Carol lost. Don't understand what the Academy's voters saw in Sundae in New York.
Mickey's Christmas Carol and Runaway Brain should of won. Wallace and Gromit in Close Shave is very entertaining and Sundae In New York is very nice, but MCC and RB should of won.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Sotiris wrote:It will definitely be nominated but I doubt it'll win. It seems the Academy is not very fond of Mickey. A short featuring Mickey Mouse only won once with "Lend a Paw" and there Mickey was a minor character.
In defense it WAS a Mickey Mouse Cartoon. :P

It be nice if Get A Horse gets nominated and if it wins, that means Mickey will beat his Oscar tie with Bugs by one Oscar. ;)

And if it also wins, maybe they'll wake up 2D from it's long nap.
JTurner
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JTurner »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:
Sotiris wrote:And if it also wins, maybe they'll wake up 2D from it's long nap.
Maybe, maybe not. But either way, it's better that they have at least SOME handdrawn in the works than no handdrawn at all, even if its not feature format.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Sotiris wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:I smell a second Oscar for WDAS' short program.
It will definitely be nominated but I doubt it'll win. It seems the Academy is not very fond of Mickey. A short featuring Mickey Mouse only won once with "Lend a Paw" and there Mickey was a minor character.
To be fair, There are barely any new Mickey Mouse Shorts. This is, what, the second in 30 years or so?

If it wins, it has nothing to do with Mickey, but more with the momentum of Paperman and WDAS. It will depend on what the competition is like. But I would hate it if it won because the rule changes. Last year, people were voting for Paperman because they 'had heard it was pretty good'. That's an insult to the independent animators that work so hard to get their work out there.

They don't have millions to burn like Disney.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

PatrickvD wrote:
Sotiris wrote: It will definitely be nominated but I doubt it'll win. It seems the Academy is not very fond of Mickey. A short featuring Mickey Mouse only won once with "Lend a Paw" and there Mickey was a minor character.
To be fair, There are barely any new Mickey Mouse Shorts. This is, what, the second in 30 years or so?

If it wins, it has nothing to do with Mickey, but more with the momentum of Paperman and WDAS. It will depend on what the competition is like. But I would hate it if it won because the rule changes. Last year, people were voting for Paperman because they 'had heard it was pretty good'. That's an insult to the independent animators that work so hard to get their work out there.

They don't have millions to burn like Disney.
What is that suppose to mean? I think Paperman really deserve that award.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I thought Paperman won because it basically did a type of animation style no one else has done before? :?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

TsWade2 wrote: What is that suppose to mean? I think Paperman really deserve that award.
Where did I say it didn't?

I just have an allergy for random voters voting for stuff 'they heard was good'. I'm almost literally citing what articles were reporting. That's insulting to the industry and the countless independent animators, who rarely get a spotlight on their work.