Hey Disney, thanks for giving us Miley Cyrus. *rolls eyes*

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Re: Hey Disney, thanks for giving us Miley Cyrus. *rolls eye

Post by Semaj »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I don't remember Hilary Duff going through the crazy phase coined by Britney.
She didn't, which is why even though I was never a Lizzie McGuire fan, I have more respect for her than most of her peers.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

Only a handful of Disney stars have been train wrecks. Lindsay Lohan and Britney( although as mentioned she has gotten her act together). Demi is similar to Britney she has gotten her act together. Most Disney stars have faded into obscurity really Hilary Duff, Christy Carlson Romano, Raven, Ricky Ullman. Unless they have a really good agent, which seems to be the case of Selena Gomez or are train wrecks (Miley, Lindsay) the Disney channel stars of the last 10 years or so seem to disappear.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

The real disappointment here is that none of the performers realized it was International Topless Day yesterday... :cry: :D
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

This is why I'm glad I wasn't a child star. Especially the ones from Disney all end up ruining their lives it seems. So sad. :(
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!!!

Even Lydia can't believe what she's looking at!! rotfl
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

buffalobill wrote:Maybe there's a difference between American & British child stars but I've always been impressed at how the Potter kids (now adults) have stayed out of the tabloids & the British tabloids would crucify them if they did screw up.
Dan was an active alcoholic for a while. The actor who played Malfoy went bankrupt. Maybe not as public as Miley, but it's not been without victims.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Barbossa wrote:BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!!!

Even Lydia can't believe what she's looking at!! rotfl
Oh, that's epic! rotfl Another good editing job for the original photo would be to put the head of Max Shreck from Batman Returns on the pinstripe suit (he wears a black and white pinstripe suit in BR) and Penguin in Lydia's place.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

I don't get the Beetle-juice joke can somebody please explain ? xD
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

thelittleursula wrote:I don't get the Beetle-juice joke can somebody please explain ? xD
I'm not sure what the context of the joke itself is either. Probably because I need to watch Beetlejuice again.

Also here are a couple other funny ones

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

I'm more offended by the fact that anyone cares. Miley has desperately been trying to prove her slut cred for years. She's just boring and talentless, and always has been. I'm glad I didn't grow up watching that era of the Disney channel.
LADY Image CLUCK
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

I don't really care about Miley either.I only came to comment one contadiction for this topic.

It wasn't Disney that gave us this Miley.It was Miley that gave us this Miley. Look,I didn't hate her because she was a Disney channel star.I didn't like her attitude and artistic direction. This all apart from being Hannah Montanna.She has a father who made mistakes as an artist,but he didn't bother advising her what would be the major mistakes. Now that's she's older,she can take responsibility...and she chose to steal pink's hair cut and Jessie J's style of pop.(yeah I ewould say Jesssie J is more like a pioneer of British pop).

However,I would say that she is a poor influence on her fans. Whst she influences to them is wrong concept of adulthood and fame. They think an adult takes no responsibility,and famous people can do outlandish things without recognition.I know this because that's what I see when fans defend her. Miley should atleast communicate to them to not spaz out like this.

Btw Lady Cluck,your avatar is hilarious.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

thelittleursula wrote:I don't get the Beetle-juice joke can somebody please explain ? xD
Robin Thicke's outfit during the performance was similar to Beetlegeuse's.

Meh, of the three current Disney princesses, Demi should stick to singing, Selena should stick to acting, and I don't care what Miley does.
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

Most of these "Disney" girls turn it out like this, not that surprised.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

2099net wrote:
buffalobill wrote:Maybe there's a difference between American & British child stars but I've always been impressed at how the Potter kids (now adults) have stayed out of the tabloids & the British tabloids would crucify them if they did screw up.
Dan was an active alcoholic for a while. The actor who played Malfoy went bankrupt. Maybe not as public as Miley, but it's not been without victims.
Radcliffe's drinking was so private that HE came out about it (didn't get drunk & shave his head). If the British tabloids don't find it it's hidden pretty well (never said they were perfect). And a BANKRUPTCY. I would hardly categorize someone who didn't handle his money well with the Disney train wrecks. Some of the best people I know have gone through bankruptcy.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Avaitor wrote: Meh, of the three current Disney princesses, Demi should stick to singing, Selena should stick to acting, and I don't care what Miley does.
They're not that relevant to Disney anymore.

Either way, it's no doubt that Demi's strongest talent is singing and Selena is better in acting. Miley has some talent in singing, but she's wasting it.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I seriously used to love Miley back in 2008-2010-ish (her "Can't Be Tamed" album is awesome!) but now... ugh no thanks.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Meh.

:lol:
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

And have we all forgotten Anne Hathaway, who was the star of the two Princess Diaries films and then she blew her Disney image by appearing totally nude in the movie "Havoc"!! There are a lot more Disney stars of the past and present who have lost their credentials with the Disney family.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Semaj wrote:
Starting to think her biological father is Gene Simmons.