Top 3 Animated Classics

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Top 3 Animated Classics

Post by Atlantica »

Taking a leaf out of DC Fan's book, a fresh take (we have quite a few new members now) on the general consensus of the UD fan communities top three animated Classics. . . . .

1. The Little Mermaid - this hasn't wavered for me since I first saw it on VHS many moons ago. The characters, the beauty, the songs/score... it touches something deep down in my heart that brings me alternately such joy and happiness and tears for Ariel, and laugher and singing. An 'Arielholic' through and through :)

2. Tangled - The joy that Rapunzel brings to everyone she meets matches the joy the movie brings when I pop it in my blu player, and to everyone I watch it with. Comedy and heart-wrenching moments are here in this film for me, and I love the score as well (I know some people don't on here). It's beautiful as well, and you can see Glen Kene is everywhere which I love.

3. Alice In Wonderland - Always been a joy to watch for me, and I don't see it as 'soulless' as Disney did. Alice as a character holds her own against a land of loons, and has such a lovely sensibility throughout. The art direction is outstanding in this film; a true mix of odd beauty, and Mary Blair at her finest.
Special Edition

Re: Top 3 Animated Classics

Post by 271286 »

The Little Mermaid
Beauty and The Best
The Lion King
mdseverin

Post by mdseverin »

The Little Mermaid - I think it has everything. Good music, strong villain, great animation, comical, excellent fairy tale story line

Beauty and the Beast - Same pros as above, except I think it lacks a great villain.

Fantasia 2000. I just love it. The different styles of animation and music keep me engaged. The music is shorter and more upbeat, which was the opposite of the original Fantasia. I have a difficult time deciding which sequence is my favorite, they are all unique and entertaining.

I feel bad not picking an older Disney film. I just simply love these three the most. If I had to only pick the older films, I would go with Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Lady and the Tramp
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

You don't have to feel bad mdseverin, what you like is what you like :)

And welcome to the forum too ! :wave:
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

1. Pinocchio
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Cinderella / Aladdin
Last edited by NeverLand on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric75

Post by eric75 »

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2. Fantasia
3. Pinocchio
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
3. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Favorite movies:
- The Lion King
- The Little Mermaid
- Beauty and the Beast

Best Animated (verb wise):
- The Little Mermaid
- Sleeping Beauty
- Beauty and the Beast = The Lion King

Worst:
- Tangled
- Chicken Little
- Home on the Range
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Don't we have like a million of these type of threads?

Anyway:

Pinocchio
Hunchback
Alice/Fantasia/Lion King-- triple tie for 3rd.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Super Aurora wrote:Don't we have like a million of these type of threads?
Yes, yes we do.

My top three (well, four):

1. Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
2. The Little Mermaid
3. Beauty and the Beast
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

1. The Little Mermaid
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Aladdin
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

1. Aladdin: Don´t love it as much as I used to...really over did it back then :wink: but still is my favorite. thanks to the Genie and Jafar.

2. The Little Mermaid: Finding Nemo´s case for me. Love the ocean and the animation for this movie way back then had to be really difficult to do. Plus, the soundtrack is amazing.

3. The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Aside from the annoying gargoyles the movie is beautiful, awesome soundtracks and probably the most mature one out of them all.

Honorable mentions: Lilo and Stitch (how to establish a real/modern family, mix it with sci fi and get and incredible fun and charming movie), Lion King (an amazing movie but since everybody loves it you I kind of get tired), Beauty and the Beast (the perfect Disney movie; it has the right amount of everything), Tangled (a good mixture of fairy tale Disney movie and comedy), Wreck It Ralph (just an incredible movie).
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

1. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Sleeping Beauty

I think last time we did the poll I had Great Mouse Detective as my number 3, which was just for propaganda's sake. I wanted to give it a higher score on the top 20. Little Mermaid was 4, Snow White 5, and Sleeping Beauty 6. Since that time, Sleeping Beauty has really went up in my estimation, thought it was always a favorite.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Top Three animated films is really tough, because favorites change with the weather. Here they are:

1. Song of the South - I know that it hasn't been legally released, but I just recently purchased a Blu-ray version of this movie and it just jumps off the screen. Great story, great music, and the animation is absolutely wonderful. bobby Driscoll and Luana Patten are very charming as the youngsters.

3. Beauty and the Beast - just one of the best movies out of the Disney animation studios.

3. Tangled - I can't get this movie out of my Blu-ray player. I will probably play this movie three to four times a week at times, and then sometimes once a day. My five-year-old grand daughter just loves the fact that I like this movie.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

1). Dumbo
2). Fantasia
3). Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

The first two have been my favourites for a long time, but choosing the third was quite difficult. I hate neglecting all the other wonderful classics...
TheSequelOfDisney wrote:1. Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
While I love Fantasia, I've never been too fond of Fantasia 2000. It's a lot more comedy-oriented, and I don't think it's anywhere near as imaginative when it comes to designs or animation. Virtually each segment of the original has something great about it, whereas only two segments of the sequel stand out to me: Rhapsody in Blue and The Firebird.

EDIT:

1). Dumbo
2). Fantasia
3). Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Last edited by Dr Frankenollie on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

1. The Little Mermaid
2. Hercules
3. The Sword in the Stone

These three have been my favorites since childhood, and thankfully my opinion of them has changed very little since I’ve become an adult; if anything, I like them more (thankfully, most Disney films before the 2000’s are high quality in one way or another, I mean). Pinocchio and Cinderella would probably come next, with Mulan, TP&TF, TLK, and Lady and the Tramp after that.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. The Little Mermaid
3. Sleeping Beauty

Those are definitely my top three. Though Hunchback, Princess and the Frog, and Cinderella would be the next three.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

1. Peter Pan
2. The Fox and the Hound
3. The Little Mermaid
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

1. Sleeping Beauty
2. The Great Mouse Detective
3. The Black Cauldron or One Hundred and One Dalmatians (depending upon my mood)
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

1.) Little Mermaid/Aladdin - I can never choose. Mermaid has a near flawless story, whereas Aladdin holds nostalgia and my favorite characters

2.) Beauty and the Beast - Not as fun as Mermaid or Aladdin, but what I love about it is that it's serious and accessible to everyone, all ages. The score is gorgeous, the songs catchy. The animation is lacking in many areas. It takes me out of the movie a lot of times because Belle and Beast both switch models almost in a sense. It's very distinct who's animating when.

3.) Lion King - I love everything about this movie, but I just don't have the desire to watch it as often as the others. I think I like my fairy tales a little too much.