Mickey Mouse in "Get a Horse!"

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Mickey Mouse in "Get a Horse!"

Post by DisneyJedi »

Via Twitter:
@DisneyAnimation: Just announced: @DisneyAnimation: A never-before-seen Mickey Mouse short will debut at this year's Annecy Festival. Read more: http://t.co/Ralp2qDXS4
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Re: Never Before Seen Mickey Short to Be Shown at Film Festi

Post by SWillie! »

Nice find!! This would be really really cool if it turns out to be a recent project from WDAS. Looking forward to hearing more about this.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Uber exciting!!!

If this is the case, maybe 2-D at Disney will continue. Here's hopin.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Looking forward to it! :mickana: I found this article as well. :ears:
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I wonder if it'll be in the style of that last one.
JTurner
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JTurner »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Uber exciting!!!

Um, did Disney EVER specifically say they were done with 2D animation after Iger stepped in?

Even with all the ridiculous layoffs, the whole "handdrawn animation at Disney is done for" is just complete BS speculation.

Anyway, this is great news.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Walt Disney Animation Studios presents a never-before-seen short starring the one and only Mickey Mouse in Get a Horse! This black-and-white, hand-drawn short features Walt Disney himself as the voice of Mickey Mouse. Join WDAS filmmakers Lauren MacMullan, Dorothy McKim, and legendary Disney animator Eric Goldberg on 6/11 at 4:00pm for an insightful look at Mickey’s early years and the world debut of Get a Horse!
Source: http://www.disneyanimation.com/events/1
Is this is a brand new short that uses modern techniques to simulate vintage animation, perhaps giving new dimension to a character who has been flat for too long? Are old audio recordings of Walt Disney being repurposed to breathe life into his most famous creation almost five decades after his death?
Source: http://family-room.ew.com/2013/04/23/mi ... irst-look/

EW is right on the money! :lol:

SWillie! wrote:This would be really really cool if it turns out to be a recent project from WDAS.
It must be the new short that Steve Hulett was referring to with "something old, something new".
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Sotiris wrote:
SWillie! wrote:This would be really really cool if it turns out to be a recent project from WDAS.
It must be the new short that Steve Hulett was referring to with "something old, something new".
Definitely. Looking forward to seeing what aspects are old and which are new.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

OMG! Disneyjedi, I wish I give you a hug, because I am so looking forward to this. I hope it comes with Frozen! WHEE! :mickana:

And I hope you all don't mind if I link this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R-a8yfqu4I :D
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

So is this the lost Disney short or is it a new short? If it is a new short, awesome! And I;m glad that Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar are going to be in it. SUPER WHEEEEEEEEEEE! :mickana:
JTurner
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JTurner »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Uber exciting!!!

Did Disney EVER publicly say that they were done with handdrawn animation despite the layoffs? Oh yeah, back in 2004, when Eisner announced it. But Iger is in charge, and the last he said was "we aren't ruling it out". So something obviously sounds very screwy here.

Either way, this is promising news.
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

I'm going to the Annecy Film Festival this year!!! So, of curse, I will look forward to see this short.
Is it supposed to be released on november with Frozen, right??? Last year I saw Paperman too, so I suppose that.
If anyone from the forum is going to the Festival like me, we could make a dvdizzy meeting hahaha. It would be cool! =)
JTurner
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JTurner »

RodryCroft wrote:I'm going to the Annecy Film Festival this year!!! So, of curse, I will look forward to see this short.
Is it supposed to be released on november with Frozen, right??? Last year I saw Paperman too, so I suppose that.
If anyone from the forum is going to the Festival like me, we could make a dvdizzy meeting hahaha. It would be cool! =)
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney decides to attach this to Frozen. I'm all for them doing animated shorts. At least then, they'll still be doing handdrawn.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Ok, guys. I'm at Disney World and I just watched one of the new shorts, Yodeling on the company channel.

Ok, basically: The short takes place in Sweden, I think. Minnie Mouse is yodeling and Mickey falls in love with her. He tries to climb the mountain in which she's on. But, along the way, avalenches keep happening because people make too much noise, so Mickey tries to be quiet and stops people from making too much noise to be with Minnie.

It's a cute short and the art direction is based on Mary Blair's concept art for ITA Small World.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Ok, guys. I'm at Disney World and I just watched one of the new shorts, Yodeling on the company channel.

Ok, basically: The short takes place in Sweden, I think. Minnie Mouse is yodeling and Mickey falls in love with her. He tries to climb the mountain in which she's on. But, along the way, avalenches keep happening because people make too much noise, so Mickey tries to be quiet and stops people from making too much noise to be with Minnie.

It's a cute short and the art direction is based on Mary Blair's concept art for ITA Small World.
Really?! I'm jealous. :)
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

@disneyprincess11: I think you watched one of the new Mickey shorts produced by Disney Television Animation for TV. This is thread is for the new theatrical Mickey short produced by WDAS. There is a different thread dedicated to the TV shorts.

@PatrickvD: There is a larger version of the poster here, if you're interested.
A new but vintage-looking Mickey Mouse short called "Get a Horse," featuring the voice of Walt Disney, is premiering next week at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in France.
Oh, no! LA Times blew out the secret! :lol:
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Sotiris wrote:
A new but vintage-looking Mickey Mouse short called "Get a Horse," featuring the voice of Walt Disney, is premiering next week at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in France.
Oh, no! LA Times blew out the secret! :lol:
Haha. Idiots.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Thanks for the links, Sotiris.

And LA Times... deserves a facepalm. :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

PatrickvD wrote:And LA Times... deserves a facepalm.
In their defence, it doesn't take a genius to see through Disney's little gimmick. :wink: