Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniv. Blu-ray/DVD Combo

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
gardener14
Special Edition

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniv. Blu-ray/DVD Combo

Post by gardener14 »

Has anyone picked this up yet? I'm trying to find out what special features are included on each disc. From what I can tell by searching online, the Blu-ray includes most, if not all, the special features from the older 2-disc dvd version. What I can't find is what, if any bonus features, is included on the dvd copy in the new combo pack and what version/transfer of the movie is included. Can anyone tell me if the dvd copy is the same as either of the old discs or a completely new disc, and what does it contain?

I've searched high and low online, and I can't seem to find anything about the dvd copy, so I appreciate any help.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

The content on the DVD is disc one of the 2 disc DVD that was available. On the disc itself it says it's the 25th anniversary dvd but it's disc one of the previous dvd release, right down to it's sneak peeks of School House Rock coming to DVD for the first time ever.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Thank you for your help. Disney sure is inconsistent with what kind of dvd they include with these combo packs. If this is disc one of the previous dvd set, that means it's the pan and scan version of the movie on the dvd copy. That's got to be the worst blu-ray/dvd combo pack disney has ever put out. That's crazy!
Last edited by gardener14 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Are there any NEW bonus features?
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Disney Studios Customer Service says that the wrong dvd was included with initial shipments of Who Framed Roger Rabbit blu-ray/dvd combo packs. The mistake was providing the full-screen version when it should have been the widescreen version. Corrected combo packs are being shipped to stores, but if you get one of the initially shipped items with the wrong disc, you can contact them to arrange for the replacement in return for the wrong disc.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Well, that explains why my order was delayed then.
Marce82 wrote:Are there any NEW bonus features?
Sadly no.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

In relation to the film's 25th anniversary, NBC has a new interview with Roger himself, Charles Fleischer:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment ... 17071.html
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Do they have a link setup for the DVD exchange?
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

No link. just call Disney Studios customer service.
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

My copy didn't come with a DMR code. Is it supposed to? Just checking to see if anyone got one.
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
toplaycool22
Suspended

Post by toplaycool22 »

Haven't bought DVDs or blu rays in a while, but I hope to get a copy soon. Roger Rabbit is a classic.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

tlc38tlc38 wrote:My copy didn't come with a DMR code. Is it supposed to? Just checking to see if anyone got one.
Mine didn't either. There was no logo on the box nor is it on the website under the Rs so I don't think there is a code for this one since it's Touchstone.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Our Bad!

Post by Elladorine »

I finally picked this up at Walmart couple of days ago and knowingly got the one with the wrong disc (it has the "Our Bad" sticker on the front). I'd planned on getting it release day but held back because I didn't yet know the full extent of the error. I guess the slipcover is becoming a relatively rare item since Disney has apparently been throwing them out as they correct the unsold stock. I still have the old DVD set and plan on hanging onto it anyway, so I'm not sure if I'm going to bother sending the disc in to be replaced.

As far as I know, there's no DMR code since it's a Touchstone film (DMR is unpredictably iffy with that).
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniv. Blu-ray/DVD Combo

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Just to inform some folks, the ToonTown Confidential Trivia Track IS on the Blu-ray disc. It's located in Subtitles.

While I'm here, I'd like to post this article Jim Korkis wrote regarding on Roger's 25th anniversary containing an interview with Gary K. Wolf that I think is worth a read:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10265/The_Re ... ger_Rabbit
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

DVDizzy review is up!:

http://www.dvdizzy.com/whoframedrogerrabbit.html

But the reason I'm doing this is because I read and I like to reiterate, teh ToonTown Confidential Trivia Track IS on the Blu-ray disc, it's just located in the Set-Up/Subtitles menu.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I came across this vintage newspaper ad and thought I'd share. The composition reminded me of the Lilo & Stitch poster. I wonder if this ad was an inspiration for it or if it was just a coincidence.

Source: https://twitter.com/OldMovieAds/status/ ... 0555307008
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I've never seen that poster before but I love it! Thanks for posting! I'd love if the 30th anniversary Blu-Ray could have a cover like this.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Great find! I bet it's a coinicidence. But yea that would be a great Blu-ray cover! I love that poster and I'm amazed the film was the most acclaimed film that year!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I remember these ads! :) I also remember they sparked controversy; some felt the film was too "adult" to have Disney [and other] characters prominently featured in the newspaper advertising (regardless of their actual appearance in it) because they felt it was leading too many parents to believe it was child-friendly entertainment.

I find it amusing they used a different model for Jessica specifically for these ads, she's definitely "cuter." Coincidentally, they also used yet another model for Jessica for the child-specific merchandise (i.e. coloring books); not as "cute," but not as well-endowed. :milkbuds:
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I've never seen that poster before but I love it! Thanks for posting! I'd love if the 30th anniversary Blu-Ray could have a cover like this.
Funny you should say that...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php ... 03&page=91

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... count=1802