Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
LySs
Gold Classic Collection

Ralph Breaks the Internet

Post by LySs »

Sooo.... somebody posted this on 4chan, but I'm not sure how legit this is.

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/12/7/wr ... luded.html
Wreck-It Ralph was one of the best animated movies of the year. Disney and director Rich Moore did a hell of job with it! It was also a big hit at the box-office so it's not really surprising to learn that there's going to be a sequel. In a recent interview with Movie Hole Sarah Silverman confirmed that there will be a sequel, and John C. Reilly humorously explained,

"They wouldn’t make [all that] merchandise, if [Disney] didn’t have plans for other [Wreck-it Ralph] stories. Some of the big muckety-muckets at the studio, who I just saw the other night, were like ‘We’re talking sequel!’ The movie made $150 million dollars in eleven days, it broke the box-office record for Disney animated movies on opening weekend. If that’s any indication that we’ll be doing a sequel… I bet we’ll be doing a sequel."
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Apparently, a sequel may just be happening.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... pEBw6Mg.18

I don't know for sure if this, along with Mario himself making a cameo, WILL be happening. What I'd like to know even more is what the sequel will be about. You have to admit that the first one didn't even seem open-ended. :?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I think they're assuming a lot from comments that don't saying anything past "we're thinking/talking about it." I mean yes, I would not at all be surprised to see a sequel, but this is far from a confirmation.

And as for Mario, I think it'd be awesome to have a funny interaction between Ralph and Felix and Donkey Kong and Mario.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

DisneyJedi wrote:Apparently, a sequel may just be happening.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... pEBw6Mg.18
Come on! Wreck-It Ralph too (no pun intended)? I kinda feared this would happen. When will people learn to just leave a film as a standalone?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:When will people learn to just leave a film as a standalone?
As soon as money has no significance in this world.
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

DECEMBER: A SEQUEL TO WRECK-IT RALPH WILL HAPPEN, AND MARIO WILL HAVE A LARGE ROLE IN IT, TOO
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wa ... s_of_2012/
Whatever was written about November being a slow-ish news month goes double for December, for two obvious Holiday-related reasons (one was on the 25th, the other had 8 crazy nights). A fairly big story that did emerge, however, is probably in the "well, yeah, duh" category (especially fun if you imagine Sarah Silverman saying that). That's because a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph is now pretty much a certainty, as the first film is on its way to possibly earning over $300 million worldwide (as of this writing, it's at $277 million). Disney's homage to the era of classic arcade video games has a lot of potential material for the sequel (and maybe even "sequels"), as there's more to video games than just the arcade era, and more to be nostalgic about than just the 1980s, or even, for that matter, the 1990s. Already included in the public discussions about the sequel is Nintendo's Mario, who nearly was featured in the first film.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Potential trailer for WIR 2

Ralph to Mario: Get your own movie!
Vanellope to Mario: Get your own movie!
Felix to Mario: Get your own movie!
Sgt. Calhoun to Mario: Get your own movie! Hold it! You did and it was nothing like your game and an abomination! Clyde from Pac-man told me so!
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

Polizzi wrote:DECEMBER: A SEQUEL TO WRECK-IT RALPH WILL HAPPEN, AND MARIO WILL HAVE A LARGE ROLE IN IT, TOO
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wa ... s_of_2012/
Whatever was written about November being a slow-ish news month goes double for December, for two obvious Holiday-related reasons (one was on the 25th, the other had 8 crazy nights). A fairly big story that did emerge, however, is probably in the "well, yeah, duh" category (especially fun if you imagine Sarah Silverman saying that). That's because a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph is now pretty much a certainty, as the first film is on its way to possibly earning over $300 million worldwide (as of this writing, it's at $277 million). Disney's homage to the era of classic arcade video games has a lot of potential material for the sequel (and maybe even "sequels"), as there's more to video games than just the arcade era, and more to be nostalgic about than just the 1980s, or even, for that matter, the 1990s. Already included in the public discussions about the sequel is Nintendo's Mario, who nearly was featured in the first film.
What do they know? They are merely speculating that there will be a sequel based on this film's financial success and it isn;t anything remarkable compared to other animated films.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sky Syndrome wrote:Potential trailer for WIR 2

Sgt. Calhoun to Mario: Get your own movie! Hold it! You did and it was nothing like your game and an abomination! Clyde from Pac-man told me so!
rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

Me too. Besides, Mario already has a movie that turned out to be a major box office bomb. And it was made by Disney's Hollywood Pictures starring Bob Hoskins as the main protagonist with Dennis Hopper as the antagonist.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Polizzi wrote:

Me too. Besides, Mario already has a movie that turned out to be a major box office bomb. And it was made by Disney's Hollywood Pictures starring Bob Hoskins as the main protagonist with Dennis Hopper as the antagonist.
The Mario movie is a movie I would love to forget and erase from history. I know this off topic but Doug Walker of Nostalgia Critic fame did a review of Mario. Here it is.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w5mTpTorZlU" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Viewer Discretion is advised.

Also I think if a sequel would be made for Wreck it Ralph Mario could make a cameo since Bowser did. I would like to see a cameo of Link from Legend of Zelda. I don't think they have a full fledged Mario world to itself though stranger thinks have happened.

Wreck it Ralph is almost the video game movie version of Roger Rabbit in a way. We see Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny in the same scene which is a first. I don't think I've ever seen Eggman/Robotnik, Bowser and villains from Street Fighter with the Pac-Man Ghost in the same movie at once.

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Q: Will there be a sequel?

Rich Moore: We definitely left that possibility open. I would love to re-explore the world and see more of it. I think it’s a world rich in storylines. I feel like this movie just barely scratched the surface of what we can do with the subject of videogames.

Q: Is there anything concrete?

Rich Moore: Not at this point. But we’ve definitely been talking about it.
Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/01/ ... -it-ralph/

Q: 'Wreck-It Ralph' was a huge hit with audiences and critics. Would you do 'Wreck-It Ralph 2'?

Rich Moore: Oh, yeah. My experience was so tremendous on this film and the animators, the designers, the story artists, the actors -- I know everyone here had a good time making the film. I've talked with John and Sarah and we would all love to visit that world again and work with those characters again. We would jump at the opportunity. We're all crossing our fingers about as far as you can cross them that we get a chance to do that.
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/3 ... 93607.html
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Rich Moore teases about a Tron cameo in the sequel.
Played by Bruce Boxleitner in 1982's TRON, the character was actually intended to have a cameo in the first Wreck-It Ralph.

"I can't specifically remember why that didn't happen," Moore explains. "...Of course, with a sequel, I'm hoping that we can find a way to see Tron himself in that movie."
Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99880
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

A TRON cameo sounds cool, but WIR doesn't need a sequel to begin with. The ending was perfect, like the ending of Monsters, Inc. I feel like I saw just the right amount of Ralph and Vanellope & Co.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Linden wrote:A TRON cameo sounds cool, but WIR doesn't need a sequel to begin with. The ending was perfect, like the ending of Monsters, Inc. I feel like I saw just the right amount of Ralph and Vanellope & Co.
I definitely disagree. While the story itself wraps up nicely, I think that world is just begging for a sequel. There's SO may ways they could go with it.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Maybe the world is begging for a sequel, but I haven't heard it. If anything, I hear people complain about more sequels.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Linden wrote:Maybe the world is begging for a sequel, but I haven't heard it. If anything, I hear people complain about more sequels.
I didn't say THE world, I said THAT world, as in Wreck-it Ralph's video game world. With so many games and potential character, it's begging for a sequel. And I know everyone lately is complaining about too many sequels, but it seems that this is one that most people are on board for, from what I've seen. I think that's partly because the director himself is so on board for it.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Getting back to that Wreck-It Ralph sequel now, how likely does Rich think it is that Disney will ever actually produce a follow-up to this Academy Award-nominated film?

"All I can tell you is that I had a great time making this movie. I had an incredible team at WDAS who met every challenge that I threw their way. And I'd love to be able to work with those people again," Moore enthused. "Plus I've been traveling the world with John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman promoting the theatrical release of 'Wreck-It Ralph.' And those two had a really great time making this movie too. So John and Sarah have told me that -- if Disney ever wants to make a Wreck-It Ralph 2 -- they're in. So we three are all ready to go. At this point, all we need is someone on the executive side of things at the Studio to give us the thumbs up and we'd then all gladly get started on that sequel tomorrow."
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-hill/ ... 05330.html
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Rich Moore drops hints on the sequel's storyline.
While speaking to director Rich Moore about Wreck-It Ralph’s DVD/Blu-ray, we got on the subject of a potential sequel and some big hints were dropped about where the storyline could go.

Our discovery of the Wreck-It Ralph sequel idea being kicked around was unintentionally discovered at first. We had wanted to ask Moore specifically about Ralph’s world and if other Fix It Felix, Jr. arcade games have Ralphs whose personalities are the same as the character in the movie.

“That is so funny that you ask that,” Moore said with a laugh, “because I was just talking to John C. Reilly [the voice of Ralph] and we were talking about exactly that. Are there other Ralphs? What would happen if another Fix It Felix, Jr. game was plugged in? Are there other Ralphs that are more contemporary? Is there another version of the game that was made for mobile? Are there those kind of Super Smash Brothers types games where all the characters are gathered in a fighting game? What would that be like for Ralph to come face to face with those different iterations of himself? And it’s created some really cool conversations, so I think that that is so funny you bring up because it’s something we’re playing around with right now.”

We then asked him if that would be what the sequel could explore. “I’m at the point right now where it’s kind of hard to answer that question because we’re thinking about it right now and it’s a very very interesting story,” referring to the potential different versions of Ralph. “It’s a complex issue that would make for a very interesting storyline. I really appreciate you bringing it up, because it means we’re not the only ones thinking about it.”
Source: http://www.hypable.com/2013/02/27/wreck ... plot-line/
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Kind of like a Multi-verse in comics. That sounds like a fun idea