Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Look what's going to be at the Comic Con!
That's so adorable! I saw the pic on Tumblr and it gave me warm fuzzies. <3
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Apparently, the characters to be included for Series 5 (which will be released Spring 2013) are:

1. The Rocketeer
2. Carl from Up
3. Russell from Up
4. Mary Poppins
5. Merida from Brave
6. Dumbo
7. Jafar
8. Jasmine
9. Genie
10. King Louie
11. Baloo
12. Alice

Also, there’s supposed to be a Funko Pop set of the Wreck-It Ralph characters out for this Christmas (Wreck-It Ralph, Sarah Silverman‘s character, King Candy, and Fix-It Felix--there’s pictures of them on page 35), which is the reason why Series 5 isn’t being released this year.

You can read more here: http://www.funkofunatic.com/forums/view ... 62&t=33102

I’m a little pissed off that nearly all the characters from Aladdin are getting released before the protagonist… I’d rather they released Genie later. I’m glad Alice will be coming next. And Mary Poppins will probably be really cute! I hope they have her holding her umbrella. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

What will be next?

I haven't yet seen:
Tarzan
Jane
Hercules
Quasimodo
Frollo
Lilo
Malificent (or did I miss something)
Rapunzel
Remi (you know, from Ratatouille - or isn't he distinctive enough)
Eioor
Winnie-the-Pooh
Esmeralda
Bambi

to name but a few...

:)

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Apparently, the characters to be included for Series 5 (which will be released Spring 2013) are:

1. The Rocketeer
:o

That is a must-have if ever there was one.
Disney's Divinity

BelleGirl wrote:Remi (you know, from Ratatouille - or isn't he distinctive enough)
From what I read at the website, Remy had been meant to be a part of Series 5, but apparently they were having a hard time creating his design for some reason? Jafar took his slot.

Also, Pooh and Maleficent have already been released. They're two of the best, imo.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Personally I'm still surprised by the lack of Lion King characters. You'd think that Simba, Scar and maybe even Timon and Pumbaa would have come out before we got Aladdin characters, since Disney kind of sweeps that one under the rug as of late.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

I'm glad they're making Jafar instead of Remy. Jafar has a special place in my childhood, and I'm always delighted when I see new merchandise of him. :)

I haven't before purchased any of these figures, though I've really liked the Ursula, Captain Hook and ESPECIALLY Chernabog. But I think Jafar will be the first one I buy! :D

(Any chance they'll make Frollo or Ratigan in the future?)
Disney's Divinity

ProfessorRatigan wrote:(Any chance they'll make Frollo or Ratigan in the future?)
I think Frollo is possible, but he’ll probably come late in the series. Hunchback is clearly on Disney’s bottom tier (from the perspective of the company anyway). He’ll probably come after the Hercules characters, which probably won‘t see the light for a long time as well. Ratigan probably stands no chance at all, unfortunately.

I'm glad to have Jafar over Remy as well, but I'd really rather have Aladdin himself (preferrably in his Prince Ali outfit). :P
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Loving series 5! I may be late to the Funko party, but for my birthday I was giving a Beast Funko Pop figure and I love, love, LOVE him! The design is so adorable and it is fairly big and detailed! I can't wait to collect more of them!
ImageImageImageImage

Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

They've made three versions of Mickey. How hard is it to make an unclothed rat? :P

So many of these figurines I want to buy! :float: I only have one Disney Pop! figure so far and it's Stitch.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Does anybody think that Oswald the lucky rabbit stands a chance ?

Because I really hope so.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

I think the Goofy Funko pop looks a bit creepy. He has no pupils in his eyes.

I don't think I will be buying these things, not living in the U.S.A and not having place for them, but it's fun looking at these pictures. I would like it if the series would include all seven dwarfs.

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

thelittleursula wrote:Does anybody think that Oswald the lucky rabbit stands a chance ?

Because I really hope so.
Sure! Disney really has been building up on integrating Oswald into their merchandising ever since they bought the rights back to his original shorts, especially this past year. In fact, I'm a little surprised that they didn't add him into this set.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

So glad the ended up opting for Jafar! I wonder what his figure will look like, will the hat be the majority of the big head part? I'm excited to see it!
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I have been looking everywhere for these. I wanna get the villainesses. I went to Barnes and Nobel and they were sold out even though it said on their website they were in stock. I am definitely getting Jafar when he comes out.
Disney's Divinity

I don't know if anyone else knew about this already, but apparently there are mini versions of a few of these Funko Pop figures--sold in sets of two. At the moment, there are:

1. Maleficent and the Evil Queen
2. Winnie the Pooh and Tigger
3. Snow White and Grumpy
4. Mickey and Minnie Mouse
5. Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie

You can find them on Amazon.

I found out about these by accident. I really wanted the Queen figure, but it's overpriced (where it's new I guess) and saw the set with Maleficent for cheaper than the regular. I got it in the mail and it was a mini. My whoops, but I'm more glad now--I had planned to give the Maleficent away since I already had it, but now I have something different. I had also bought the Mickey and Minnie hoping to get two for one. Had thought about the Jack set, but really glad I didn't now. :lol: :P

I can give a size comparison later if anyone wants it (or you might be able to find them on google.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Yeah, my local Barnes & Noble has the Jack & Oogie set. It's funny, they stopped selling the Disney Funko vinyls a little while ago, but they recently got one of these and a couple of Jack and Sally's back, presumably in time for Halloween.

I wanted to get a Sally to go with my Jack, but by the time I could afford it, they were out of her. :cry:
Disney's Divinity

Yeah, I'd like to get Jack and Sally at some point, too, but I had to restrain from spending too much at once when I remembered I still need to buy Christmas presents soon. :P

Btw, I saw some Jack and Sally funko pop plushes on Amazon as well. Really cute. And I try not to branch too much outside of Disney with these, but I think I might get Dorothy and the Witch of the West at some point.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Any idea when we'll see the designs for this new set? I'm really, really excited about Jafar. (I just hope he doesn't end up looking goofy.)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I am thinking of branching outside of Disney myself. I'm surprised that I don't have ANY of Funko's Marvel vinyls, in fact.

Barnes & Noble also started carrying their Muppets set, but unfortunately, there's no Animal. I might just get Kermit or Fozzie for now though.