Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I kinda figured that be the cover.
pick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pick »

According to AnimationFascination's Instagram... :D :D :D :D

-------------------------------------------------------
"Just Make a Wish, and do as dreamers do...
and all your Wishes will come True..."
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

I'm not really sure if there's gonna be individual coupons for all of next week's U.S. releases as there's already a coupon on pack for $10 off when you buy two together (it's also on Amazon). I'm sure individual coupons on top of that would be a huge advantage, but I think it looks less likely with this coupon. But I guess it's not totally out of the question, especially $5 individual coupons. Will see!
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

One Hundred and One Dalmatians is coming to blu-ray in Holland on september 9:

http://www.disneyinfo.nl/blu-raydetail.php?film=675

Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

KACENAID wrote:I'm not really sure if there's gonna be individual coupons for all of next week's U.S. releases as there's already a coupon on pack for $10 off when you buy two together (it's also on Amazon). I'm sure individual coupons on top of that would be a huge advantage, but I think it looks less likely with this coupon. But I guess it's not totally out of the question, especially $5 individual coupons. Will see!
Where did you see it on Amazon? I can't find it.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Anyone know what the status is on Brother Bear and Atlantis for this fall?
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

Khonnor wrote:
KACENAID wrote:I'm not really sure if there's gonna be individual coupons for all of next week's U.S. releases as there's already a coupon on pack for $10 off when you buy two together (it's also on Amazon). I'm sure individual coupons on top of that would be a huge advantage, but I think it looks less likely with this coupon. But I guess it's not totally out of the question, especially $5 individual coupons. Will see!
Where did you see it on Amazon? I can't find it.
It's not on Chimpanzee's item page for some reason, but for all the other individual item pages, it's right under either the Other Formats & Versions area or if that page doesn't have that, right under the green "Want to receive this the day it comes out?" heading, both are closer to the top of the page. The offer should have a heading of "Save $10 on Hot New Disney Titles" and has a learn more link at the end of the description. Of course, it's for Blu-ray only (in Blu-ray combo packaging and DVD combo packaging). Nothing for DVD standalones.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

It's strange, because when I add Pocahontas, Rescuers, Aristocats and Lady And The Tramp II, at checkout it only gives me $10 discount promo. Shouldn't it be $20?
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

^I don't know about this because I don't have personal experience with it, but it could be $10 off once per entire order? Have you tried two separate orders of 2 and 2, Khonnor? Maybe that would have it work for you.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

^ Good news from Blu-ray.com. The films' video and audio presentations appear to be up to snuff. Aristocats and Rescuers certainly didn't get Lowry Digital-style scrubbing, but the reviewer still praises their respective Blu-rays as being faithful and accurate. That's good enough for me. Not every film can look like Snow White and Bambi, I suppose.

Rescuers Down Under's video presentation appears to be very proficient too, but - as I suspected - taken from a print and not from the digital source. There's visible grain on the screenshots, and the reviewer mentions that the film isn't marred by much print damage, which implies the film contains the occassional fleck or spot, which, in turn, implies that the film is transferred from a print.

To be fair, if transferred from a good print (and not from the original digital source), Rescuers DU should still look fantastic. Just not as crisp as when granted a digital transfer.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I'm always so baffled by the obligatory "Rescuers Downunder isn't as good as the original film, but...."

My God, it blows the original out of the water. But let's not get into that again :P

A shame they couldn't just take the RDU from the digital source. Would have looked mindbogglingly beautiful.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

ANY BLU-RAY PURCHASE ADVICE? :)

Sorry for the double post, but I need people's attention.

I wish to purchase Treasure Planet, Home on the Range, The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under and Pocahontas on Blu-ray, and I live outside the U.S. Those four releases together are rather pricey on Amazon.com. Are there other American online retailers (which ship internationally) which may offer the Blu-rays at better prices?

Or maybe there's something I can do on Amazon that may get me a discount? I've used Amazon.com many times in the past (and I very much like their service) and have wondered whether they may have some schemes from which I could benefit.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

UD's review for The Tigger Movie is up!

http://www.dvdizzy.com/tiggermovie-bluray.html
- John
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Wow, The Rescuers looks like it got a budget scrubbing. Some scenes just look flat out blurry and why the hell isn't The Rescuers Down Under pulled from it's digital source? Wouldn't that be cheaper? It worries me that we may never see a digitally sourced presentation of this movie. This is such a disappointing release, especially since the supplemental material is practically non-existent.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... count=2051

US - 13/11/2012
Pixar Shorts 2
Brave (3D)
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

PatrickvD wrote:I'm always so baffled by the obligatory "Rescuers Downunder isn't as good as the original film, but...."

My God, it blows the original out of the water. But let's not get into that again :P

A shame they couldn't just take the RDU from the digital source. Would have looked mindbogglingly beautiful.
It's going to look mind-boggling beautiful to me anyway since I last watched it on VHS. :D

I agree it blows the original out of the water.

I am extremely excited about the Pocahontas Blu-ray. According to the review it looks and sounds excellent!
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

@Jules

I cancelled my existing blu-ray orders on Amazon, and went to Amazon's Disney Blu-Ray site (you can find this by typing in Disney Blu-ray and the second entry will be a link to their general site. On the right hand side, you'll see all the online coupons. I ordered Pocahontas and The Tigger Movie together and got $10 off. I then placed a separate order for Aristocats and The Rescuers and got another $10 off.
This might help you save some money?

See if this link works:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sr_tc_sc_2_ ... d_i=disney blu-ray&pf_rd_p=1370723282&pf_rd_s=structured-results-2&qid=1345228969&sr=8-2-tc
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Thank you kbehm29! :) I saved about 7 Euros on Pocahontas and Rescuers!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Peter Pan and Return to Never Land will be released on Blu-ray in France on November 14, 2012.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage