Disney at Comic-Con 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Disney at Comic-Con 2012

Post by Sotiris »

Will anyone be attending any of the Disney panels at Comic-Con?

Here are the panels in question for those interested:

Thursday, July 12
2:05-3:05 Walt Disney Studios: Frankenweenie, Oz The Great and Powerful, and Wreck-it Ralph— Walt Disney Studios hosts a Q&A panel featuring the imaginative director of Frankenweenie, Tim Burton (Alice in Wonderland); a special look at the world of Oz The Great and Powerful with director Sam Raimi (Spider-Man trilogy); and the illustrious voice cast of Walt Disney Animation Studios' Wreck-It Ralph, including John C. Reilly (Step Brothers) and Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program), and director Rich Moore (Futurama). Hall H
Friday, July 13
2:15-3:15 Tron: Uprising— Disney XD is bringing the Grid to Comic-Con! Join the noteworthy voice cast Elijah Wood (Beck), Bruce Boxleitner (Tron), Emmanuelle Chriqui (Paige) and Tricia Helfer (The Grid), along with executive producer/director Charlie Bean and consulting producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (Once Upon a Time, LOST), to see exclusive footage and find out everything you want to know about this ground-breaking animated series. The panel will also feature never-before-seen clips of Disney XD's turbo-charged original series Motorcity and a sneak peek of the upcoming animated series Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja. The panel will be moderated by Daily Variety film editor Josh Dickey. Room 6A
3:00-4:00 Walt Disney Animation Studios: Wreck-it Ralph: The Art of Story— Join Walt Disney Animation Studios story artists Nancy Kruse (Wreck-It Ralph, The Simpsons), Leo Matsuda (Wreck-It Ralph, Princess and the Frog), Raymond Persi (Wreck-It Ralph, The Simpsons), Lissa Treiman (Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled) and Josie Trinidad (Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled), and writers Phil Johnston (Wreck-It Ralph, Cedar Rapids) and Jennifer Lee (Wreck-It Ralph) as they discuss the art of story for the upcoming feature Wreck-It Ralph, in theaters November 2nd. Room 6DE
3:15-4:15 Marvel: Cup O' Joe— This is it, Mighty Marvel fans-the no-holds-barred, anything goes, full-of-surprises panel you wait all year for! Marvel's chief creative officer Joe Quesada takes on all questions, shocks the audience with jaw-dropping announcements, and keeps you guessing, along with guests including Marvel's head of television Jeph Loeb, SVP of creator and content development C. B. Cebulski, and editor-in-chief Axel Alonso. You never know who will show up, but you'd better be here, because this is the panel that everyone will be talking about! Room 6BCF
Saturday, July 14
10:30-11:30 Marvel Television Presents— Marvel's head of TV, Jeph Loeb, brings the scoop on season 2 of the hit animated series Ultimate Spider-Man, along with a never-before-seen episode...and a glimpse of the other heroes joining Marvel Universe on Disney XD! Plus, get the update on other hot Marvel Animation Studios projects, including Marvel Knights Animation, Marvel anime-and more surprises from Marvel Television. Room 6BCF
12:30-1:30 Phineas and Ferb— Witty and imaginative stepbrothers Phineas and Ferb and their secret agent pet platypus Agent P are at it again! Creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, along with voice talent Vincent Martella (Everybody Hates Chris), Alyson Stoner (Camp Rock), and Dee Bradley Baker (American Dad), fill you in on the latest scoop on Disney Channel's Emmy Award-winning, music-filled, animated comedy series for kids, tweens, and families. See exclusive content, including a sneak peek at this summer's epic two-part cliffhanger episode "Where's Perry?" Room 6A
1:45-2:45 Marvel Video Games— Learn all about Gazillion's Marvel Heroes MMO, Ubisoft's Avengers: Battle for Earth and more future Marvel games-including an announcement from Activision and High Moon Studios that is sure to be a hit! Q&A will follow. Room 6A
3:30-4:30 Disney Channel Television Animation— See exclusive footage and clips from upcoming episodes of Disney Channel's award-winning series Fish Hooks and its newest mystery adventure series Gravity Falls, plus a sneak peek at the upcoming series Wander Over Yonder. Panelists include Fish Hooks creator Noah Z. Jones (Almost Naked Animals) and executive producer Maxwell Atoms (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy), Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch (Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack), voice talent from both series, and Wander Over Yonder creator Craig McCracken (Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) and co-producer Lauren Faust (My Little Pony, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic). Moderated by Eric Coleman, senior vice president, original series, Disney Television Animation. Room 5AB
6:00-7:00 Marvel Studios: Iron Man 3— Producer Kevin Feige and special guests provide an inside look at the ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe. Hall H
Sunday, July 15
1:00-2:00 Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two— Warren Spector (Disney Epic Mickey), Marv Wolfman (Crisis on Infinite Earths), and Peter David (The Incredible Hulk) discuss the highly anticipated Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two video game set for release November 18. The panel will explore how the team mapped out the story for this innovative new title, as well as unveil the first details surrounding the Disney Epic Mickey 2 graphic novel, releasing exclusively in Europe in conjunction with the game's arrival in stores. The panel will also present a special never-before-seen sequence from the upcoming release. Additionally, Becky Cline (director, archives for The Walt Disney Company) will be on hand to discuss the reemergence and historical significance of Walt Disney's very first cartoon star, Oswald The Lucky Rabbit, who is prominently featured in the game. Join Warren, Marv, Peter, and Becky for this session. Room 25ABC
Source: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_prog.php
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

Not me. I greatly prefer WonderCon to Comic-Con. It's closer to me, I can wait to buy my tickets until after the programming is announced, not as many panels fill to capacity, and the timing is conducive to a preview of the summer Pixar movies.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

San Diago Comic Con is the Magnum opus of all comic con so naturally it will have all things marvel there. I won't be going to that since too far away, but I will be going to NYC ComicCon in october.

Looking forward to the new J Scott Campbell 2 new volume sketchbooks and two new prints(Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy).

If anyone is going to San Diago Comic Con pm me since I want to ask you something of a favor.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

I live in San Diego and will try to make it to a couple of these panels. I work all day Thursday so will not be able to attend the Frankenweenie or Oz the Great and Powerful panels. The city is already all decked out and ready for this convention. You find little posters of Frankenweenie all over town and little viral things popping up all over the city.
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

disneyfella wrote:I live in San Diego and will try to make it to a couple of these panels. I work all day Thursday so will not be able to attend the Frankenweenie or Oz the Great and Powerful panels.
How about attending "Wreck-it Ralph: The Art of Story" panel? It would be nice if someone did to give us more info about the movie.
Last edited by Sotiris on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

disneyfella wrote:I live in San Diego and will try to make it to a couple of these panels. I work all day Thursday so will not be able to attend the Frankenweenie or Oz the Great and Powerful panels. The city is already all decked out and ready for this convention. You find little posters of Frankenweenie all over town and little viral things popping up all over the city.
Hey disneyfella, I live in San Diego too! Still trying to nab some tickets for comic-con though. Hoping for a last minute miracle!
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

let me know if any of you can get in. I want ask something if any of you can.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

Sotiris wrote:
disneyfella wrote:I live in San Diego and will try to make it to a couple of these panels. I work all day Thursday so will not be able to attend the Frankenweenie or Oz the Great and Powerful panels.
How about attending "Walt Disney Animation Studios: Wreck-it Ralph: The Art of Story" panel? It would be nice if someone did to give us more info about the movie.
I would, but I think that is on Friday and I'm working on Friday as well. I might be able to make it to some of the evening things, but will spend most time on Saturday.

Strangely, as much as I am a huge fan of Disney Animation this new "Wreck-It-Ralph" picture appears extremely underwhelming. Cheap jokes and foul behavior is not the Disney I grew up with. Even the exploitive video game references remind me of "Sharktale" with its obvious and condescending pandering.

When I looked at Saturday's schedule I think the only thing that looked mildly interesting was the "Once Upon a Time" panel....and I've never seen that show. I'll mostly be going to check out the dealer floor.
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney