Walt Disney's 'Summer Magic' getting a fresh new look!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Walt Disney's 'Summer Magic' getting a fresh new look!

Post by disneyfella »

If you're lucky enough to get to Knoxville, TN next weekend, you don't want to miss this historic event. "Walt Disney's Summer Magic" has been staged for the theatre and expanded. During the performances next weekend special guests in attendace include Richard Sherman (who co-wrote many of the songs we all grew up on), Mary Costa (the voice of Sleeping Beauty herself), Howard Green (author of several Disney books), actor Eddie Hodges (who played in the film version of Summer Magic), Russell Schroeder (former Archivist and author of Disney's Lost Chords), Stacia Martin (Disney artist and historian), and fans galore.

From the book, to the film, to the musical and now to the stage production, Mother Carey's Chickens lives on with music, magic, and that wonderful feeling of good things.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/jun/1 ... ser-to-et/
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

disneyrecordfan

Post by disneyrecordfan »

I am so there! From ordering tickets, I learned there's a 30-minute Q&A with Richard Sherman and Eddie before the Friday night show, and a 30-minute Q&A with Richard about the Sherman Brothers' music before the Saturday night show. Since this is within driving distance for me, I'm going to go to both!

Wouldn't it be nice if this could be licensed for schools or other groups to do? And how cool that both Richard Sherman and Eddie Hodges will be there to talk about the original film - it's one of my favorites! Can't wait to see this adaptation!
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Summer Magic stage play

Post by Mouseketodd »

That sounds great! But, our family is too busy to make the drive to this -- we live in Indiana.
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

So... is this another Disney film being brought to the stage? :?
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Depending on how this goes, it's a really cool idea. I find this to be a grossly underrated live-action Disney flick.

It also happens to contain Robert Sherman's favorite song, this one.