Wreck-It Ralph (formerly Reboot Ralph)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:I agree that it's nice to see Disney trying their hands at a film they don't typically make; I like the classic fairy tales as much as anyone, but if Wreck-It Ralph is the success that some are predicting it will be then I hope it does encourage Disney to think outside the box a little more and produce more original films.
I think so too. We need more diverse subject matters and more originality in Disney animated films.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

An interview with Jane Lynch.
How did you get involved with Wreck-It Ralph and what character are you voicing for that film?

LYNCH: I was asked to do it. I actually took a tour of the Pixar facility, just north of San Francisco, and I met John Lassiter and a bunch of other people. I don’t know that I did anything for them right after that, but I ended up doing a short (Small Fry) for them, and they asked me to do Wreck-It Ralph. Wreck-It Ralph is a 1980s video game from an arcade that no one plays anymore, and Wreck-It Ralph himself wants to get out and get into a more high-tech game. My game is a military game, where we’re armies and I’m the general of this particular game, and Wreck-It Ralph jumps into our reality.
Does she know she's working at WDAS and not Pixar? :lol:
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:An interview with Jane Lynch.
I already posted this on the previous page. :wink:
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Brave is getting a lot of promotion these days. Many of the Disney Facebook pages for different Disney movies mentions Brave and links to the Brave page on Facebook. It will be interesting to see if they will promote Wreck-It-Ralph in the same way - they will not advertise it through the Pixar pages on Facebook, that's for sure. It seems like Disney movies may be used to promote Pixar movies, but never the way around...
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Posted on Facebook:

"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Love it.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

When PrincePhillipFan and Disney Duster came over my house, we played Super Smash Brothers Brawl. One of the stages we played was the old Donkey Kong level all because of this movie. I kick both of their asses though LOL.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I found the teaser poster to be a disappointment. They just enlarged the picture of the logo and called it a poster. Very lazy.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Sotiris wrote:I found the teaser poster to be a disappointment. They just enlarged the picture of the logo and called it a poster. Very lazy.
I agree.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

milojthatch wrote:
Sotiris wrote:I found the teaser poster to be a disappointment. They just enlarged the picture of the logo and called it a poster. Very lazy.
I agree.
Ditto.
I don't know which is worse this or Tangled's teaser poster :lol:

I'm sure the final poster will be ALOT better Image
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Steve Hulett wrote:I keep forgetting to mention the hall display near the entrance inside Disney's Hat Building ....

They've got thirty or forty feet of Wreck-It Ralph artwork and videos, also character designs from the movie. As evidenced from the poster above, the feature has some witty graphics. You know, "Donkey Kong" kind of stuff, all those low-rez, eight-bit visuals that dominated mall arcades and pizza joints in the 1970s and early 1980s, embedded in glowing cathode ray tubes.

Which the poster above emphasizes. (But it's a lot more than that.)

Disney's been hiring more crew to work on the feature, what with its compressed schedule and all, and the buzz around the shop is good. Everyone (at least, everyone I talk to) think it's a winner.

Best part for me is, the place has a lot of shows in development, lots of directors assigned to stuff, and projects are getting go-aheads for further work. At last. This is in contrast to a couple of years ago when development was a lot thinner.
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... llway.html
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

The hallway is definitely very cool. It has sections with artwork from all the different games that are part of the movie. Some really great stuff.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Super Aurora wrote:When PrincePhillipFan and Disney Duster came over my house, we played Super Smash Brothers Brawl. One of the stages we played was the old Donkey Kong level all because of this movie. I kick both of their asses though LOL.
I didn't know you chose that one because of the movie! lol
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:When PrincePhillipFan and Disney Duster came over my house, we played Super Smash Brothers Brawl. One of the stages we played was the old Donkey Kong level all because of this movie. I kick both of their asses though LOL.
I didn't know you chose that one because of the movie! lol
I thought you and I pick it since you thought it was cool to fight in the original inspiration the new movie is based off of?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:
milojthatch wrote: I agree.
Ditto.
I don't know which is worse this or Tangled's teaser poster :lol:

I'm sure the final poster will be ALOT better Image
Well from a gamers perspective (aka mine :P), it's great. It has such an awesome retro vibe. The font is lifted right from an original Nintendo game and spriting is really an art form. It's difficult to make sprite using two or three colors and a very limited amount of pixels. Disney is honoring the classic games.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Super Aurora wrote:I thought you and I pick it since you thought it was cool to fight in the original inspiration the new movie is based off of?
Maybe. I'm sorry if I forgot. :lol:
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

The links for Wreck It Ralph on the official webpage for Walt Disney Animation Studios are now operational:

http://www.disneyanimation.com/projects ... index.html

Nothing we haven't seen before, of course.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The cover for The Art of Wreck-It Ralph has been revealed on amazon.com. The book is available to pre-order. It will be released on October 17.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

They keep disappointing me with the covers for the Art books for the past couple years.

Princess and the Frog was great - my personal favorite piece of concept work from the film. It's a nice iconic image, with both main characters represented. Classy.

Toy Story 3 was also pretty good. Characters introduced, beautiful color script image.

Tangled was disgusting. Yes, it's a fun Glen Keane sketch, but it doesn't embody anything about the film itself, and it most certainly is not even close to one of the more impressive pieces of art created for the film. They had so many great images to choose from - the lantern scene, that yellow image of Flynn climbing Rapunzel's hair, the concept piece of the tower... the list goes on. And yet they choose a mediocre sketch at best.

Cars 2 was... alright, I guess. Wasn't really that interested in the film, and the concept art was nothing to gawk at either.

Winnie the Pooh was great, although it's not really part of the same "Art of" series, as it was really just an expanded re-release.

Brave looks decent, although I feel as if they must have some better art out there for it, with how long it has been in development. Something with Merida and the bear? Not horrible as it is, though.

And now Wreck-It Ralph... and I may just have to kill something, it's so hideous. That piece of visdev show us nothing about the film - in fact, the art director on Ralph told us at the studio that not a single idea from that piece made it into the final film, with the exception of the broad concept of "candy land racing". The image doesn't show us anything to do with "this film is about video game characters." Hell, with the exception of the face in the logo, it doesn't show us the characters at all! They showed us so much more interesting development work on this film, I seriously can't believe they chose this mediocre-at-best painting to represent the film. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

I'll try and hope that this is another situation like Art of PATF, where Amazon has had the wrong cover art since before the books release, and still does to this day.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I doubt that's the final cover art. Toy Story 3's art changed as well, so don't be surprised if we end up with something very different come October. It has placeholder written all over it.