Big Hero 6

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Ok, so it would make a lot more sense to me for WDAS to make a Marvel Super-hero film about a whole new character to the Marvel Universe. After all, all the comic books are hand drawn, so why not make a hand drawn movie about a new super-hero? It would be SUPER sweet if they could somehow incorporate a comic book style to the animation.

Now my mind is a flight, and I can actually see how this might work!
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

singerguy04 wrote:Ok, so it would make a lot more sense to me for WDAS to make a Marvel Super-hero film about a whole new character to the Marvel Universe.
That makes a little more sense to me to, if Disney were to create the character which would then be implemented into the Marvel comic universe. I could sort of see that working and it will be interesting to find out more about this project; if it doesn't end with a WDAS film based on an established Marvel character I'll be happy
We're not going to Guam, are we?
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Really, I can't exactly see them doing an animated film based on a superhero from Marvel. Maybe a film based on a Marvel superhero would work a little better as a live-action movie because an animated film would be a bit awkward.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Wrong and totally disrespectful to Walt, taking other full imagined and designed characters and just putting the Disney label on them instead of Disney only making and using true Disney characters for their Disney films.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Disney Duster wrote:Wrong and totally disrespectful to Walt, taking other full imagined and designed characters and just putting the Disney label on them instead of Disney only making and using true Disney characters for their Disney films.
SHUT UP

I can't see them doing a movie on a present Marvel Superhero. But what is wrong with making an original superhero and adding it to the Marvel Superhero Lineup? It is no different from adding Tiana to the Disney Princess Lineup!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Disney Duster wrote:Wrong and totally disrespectful to Walt, taking other full imagined and designed characters and just putting the Disney label on them instead of Disney only making and using true Disney characters for their Disney films.
I don't think they're going to do that, the impression I get is that Disney will create the storyline and characters for the WDAS film and they will then be used in a Marvel comic book series. I might be wrong in that but I don't think Disney would make an animated film based on an already established character.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
I don't think they're going to do that, the impression I get is that Disney will create the storyline and characters for the WDAS film and they will then be used in a Marvel comic book series. I might be wrong in that but I don't think Disney would make an animated film based on an already established character.
You know, I am kinda oppose this as to didn't they say that Disney would keep their hands off of Marvel's business and creative decisions? Unless Marvel ask or approve of Disney for this, this seems like an attempt to shoe-horn in a Disney character into Marvel Universe. While I don't mind Disney buying Marvel to their enterprise, I personally think the two "worlds" should be kept apart.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Super Aurora wrote:While I don't mind Disney buying Marvel to their enterprise, I personally think the two "worlds" should be kept apart.
That's really my opinion too, I've just been trying to figure out a best case scenario that I would be happy with if Disney and Marvel were to collaborate in this way. I agree with what you said but I think right now, Bob Iger is far more interested in acquiring new properties for the company than in Disney creating their own and that he would love some kind of synergy between Disney and Marvel. If this does happen it will be interesting to see how it will play out and how Marvel fans might react to a Disney-created character being implemented into the company's comic books.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:SHUT UP
How very bad of you.
DisneyDude2010 wrote:I can't see them doing a movie on a present Marvel Superhero. But what is wrong with making an original superhero and adding it to the Marvel Superhero Lineup? It is no different from adding Tiana to the Disney Princess Lineup!
Yea it is. Disney created and owns the princesses and princess line, they own Marvel but didn't create Marvel. If Disney makes their own Super Hero and decides to put it in a comic book like Disney's Donald Duck comics for example, that's okay, but not Marvel. If Disney becomes blurred with other companies, they won't have their own identity anymore.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Lol, Disney didn't create the Grimm's Tales, the Jungle Book, Alice in Wonderland or all other stories they used for their animated features up to The Lion King either. Disney adapts existing stories- that's what they always did.

I'm not a fan of the idea of an animated Marvel film by Disney myself, but basically there's not a big difference between adapting a novel or a graphic novel.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Disney Duster wrote:If Disney becomes blurred with other companies, they won't have their own identity anymore.
Before this turns into yet another Disney essence debate or a "Walt wouldn't want this..." thread let's not forget that we know next to nothing about this film so far aside from the fact that it's being directed by Don Hall and hints have been dropped that it might be linked to Marvel, nothing confirmed as of yet. What they're planning now could completely change over the next couple of years and no one can be sure if and how Marvel might be involved at the moment so let's just wait to see what actually happens with it.
O.B.gene

Post by O.B.gene »

Disney Duster needs to stop ruining threads. I rarely post here, but feel the need to say something because what starts off as a nice and informative discussion, always turns into a heated argument. Annoying and not needed.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Disney Duster doesn't ruin threads. Increased aggression, name-calling and constant attacks ruin threads. :roll:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Rumor Mill: Is Disney Planning A Marvel Animated Movie?
http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-mill-dis ... ted-movie/
Last edited by Sotiris on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

O.B.gene wrote:Disney Duster needs to stop ruining threads. I rarely post here, but feel the need to say something because what starts off as a nice and informative discussion, always turns into a heated argument. Annoying and not needed.
One person does not make a heated argument.

I'm not directing this to you, but overall it seems the people that complain the most about Duster are the same people that keep fueling the arguments with him.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Sotiris wrote:Rumor Mill: Is Disney Planning A Marvel Animated Movie?
I'll say one thing. If Walt Disney Animation Studios makes a Marvel-themed film, and the film succeeds, it will make them the coolest studio on the lot, IMO, and direct much needed attention toward them ... perhaps probing them out of Pixar's shadow.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Julian Carter wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Rumor Mill: Is Disney Planning A Marvel Animated Movie?
I'll say one thing. If Walt Disney Animation Studios makes a Marvel-themed film, and the film succeeds, it will make them the coolest studio on the lot, IMO, and direct much needed attention toward them ... perhaps probing them out of Pixar's shadow.
Definitely . . . it would bring them a whole new audience.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

I wouldn't say he ruins threads but not every thread about an upcoming WDAS film has to turn into a debate about "Disney Essence" and "Walt wouldn't want this..."; I've taken part in those debates myself but in retrospect I'd much rather talk and speculate about the actual films than what the threads usually devolve into and I've played my part in that happening in the past.

We know next to nothing about this film aside from the name of the director so it's too early to assume anything about it when we've only had hints so far. If this is some kind of collaboration between Disney and Marvel then I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more about it and I'm interested to see what it might become. I've said before I really don't like the idea of a WDAS film based on an established Marvel character but owing to the "marvelously unexpected" description we've had I don't see that happening and I'm intrigued to see what the alternative might be so I wouldn't class it as "un-Disney" or anything like that just yet until we know a little more about it.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I think a Marvel animated movie by WDAS would really look odd and out of place if added into Disney canon movies list.

Also Marvel stories concepts can get very complex or convoluted. If WDAS does do one, I have no doubt it will be dumbed down or regressed to little boys instead. Most superhero animated movies/series stuff, both DC and Marvel, usually have older teenagers to young adults in mind. This why Batman: animated series, was really aimed for older audience, the DC animated movies line are all PG-13, as well as the Marvel animated movies.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm just going to ignore the arguments about me and continue to excercise my right to express my views as long as I'm not attacking anywa as I should be able to. I have honest concerns and yes, every film Disney does these days seems to threaten change of the Disney essence while it was less so a few years ago, before Chicken Little. So I bring it up. If you want you can just ignore me but since you respond maybe you care somewhat about what Disney is and how their movies should be just as I do.
Scamander wrote:Lol, Disney didn't create the Grimm's Tales, the Jungle Book, Alice in Wonderland or all other stories they used for their animated features up to The Lion King either. Disney adapts existing stories- that's what they always did.

I'm not a fan of the idea of an animated Marvel film by Disney myself, but basically there's not a big difference between adapting a novel or a graphic novel.
Well how about if I put it this way, Walt Disney would have never adapted something from another company. And remember I already specified he'd never do a character that was completely created in design, too. Comic books are already kind of like movies.