FOX CANCELS "GLEE"................

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

FOX CANCELS "GLEE"................

Post by dvdjunkie »

APRIL FOOL!!!!!!!
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

If only this were true :-(
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I was more shocked that NBC renewed Smash. And that was real.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

"SMASH" is everything that "Glee" has tried to be for all the seasons its been on the air.

They have run out of ideas, and youthful-looking 20-somethings to play High School kids. For the most part the music is just poor covers of hit songs, and the acting is less than perfect.

"SHASH" is doing it all the right way. They have an idea for a Broadway show called "Marilyn" and they have had casting calls. The music is original and what retreads are there are done perfectly. Katherine McPhee and Megan Hilty are the perfect match for two at-odds singer/actors vying for the top spot in the production.

The show has been renewed for a second go-round with a full 22-episode schedule next season, and while we only get 12 episodes this season it will leave those who have been following the show waiting patiently for its return in the fall.

The show is written for the 18-45 age viewing audience, not for the 'tween-agers' that "Glee" appeals to. The idea for "Glee" was a good one, and I did watch most of the first season, but then it just went haywire somewhere and brought on a bunch of 'star power' guests to keep the ratings up.

I will not get into an argument over which show is better, because everyone has their own opinions and I am just expressing mine. "SMASH"will probably have a longer run on television than "Glee" will have and tell a better story with a lot of original music, something that "Glee" can't do.

If you haven't been a faithful watcher of "SMASH", and haven't kept up with it On Demand or at NBC.com, get with it and watch what a real show is all about.

If you are a died-in-the-wool 'Gleek', then more power to you, but there are those of us who seek something more real than a bunch of "old" teenagers singing other people's songs, and not very well at that.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I still don't understand why you compare the two shoes, junkie. They are both completely, 100% different except for the fact that they are both shows in which characters sing. I understand you not liking Glee, but there's no need to constantly hate on the show.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Aw, I wanted Glee to be cancelled. I'm sorry, but I don't care for that show at all.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

dvdjunkie wrote:died-in-the-wool
That's dyed-in-the-wool. Mixing up died and dyed could lead to trouble lol.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

dvdjunkie wrote: "SMASH"will probably have a longer run on television than "Glee" will have
:lol: Only on NBC would they let something this badly written with ratings already down in the gutter stay on the air for multiple seasons. Glee in its third season--along with several other shows in their 7th and 8th seasons--are doing better than Smash. At least ABC had the sense to cancel Pan Am.

As for badly sung covers, check out Katharine McPhee's "Redneck Woman" sometime. That's about when I stopped watching. The only good thing about Smash is Anjelica Houston; I'm sorry to say her talent is wasted. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

You didn't say which age group you are in. Maybe "SMASH" doesn't appeal to you because it for discriminating adults.

"Glee" uses so much lip-syncing and half-toning to make their singers sound good, plus if these people are teenagers in high school, the drinks are on me at your favorite pub.

"Glee" has its followers. I watched the very first season and reluctantly some of the second season. Now all the "tweeners" who have Mom's credit card can go by all these CD filled with terrible cover tunes to fill their sponge-like minds.

Yes, I am a hater of "Glee" for many reasons, that no one hear seems to understand. If you can go to school and break into song with a full orchestra accompaniment at the drop of a hat, then you might have something to stand on. Fox bills "Glee" as a comedy, and that is why it is so funny to see these no-talents try to sing.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

dvdjunkie wrote:Yes, I am a hater of "Glee" for many reasons, that no one hear seems to understand. If you can go to school and break into song with a full orchestra accompaniment at the drop of a hat, then you might have something to stand on. Fox bills "Glee" as a comedy, and that is why it is so funny to see these no-talents try to sing.
I, and several other members, have told you that what you just described does not actually happen in the show... I'm getting really tired of reading your same response over and over, and I'm sure others are, too.

You don't like it? Fine, I don't really care. But your incessant attacks on the show is getting old. And I never said Smash doesn't appeal to me (because it does). I like both of them and see no reason to compare the two shows because they are so radically different.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

You're a SADIST, junkie!!! You made me cry today.

Ah, well; can't post this enough times, so:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b916h6JRgcA" frameborder="0"></iframe>
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Oy.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

ImageImageImageImage